EOW#63 Dark Faerie Ghetto VOTING

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Dark Faerie ghetto

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wandering_Monk

0 0%
  • alti

1 1.82%
  • cloister

1 1.82%
  • ATAnderson

16 29.09%
  • marak24

3 5.45%
  • Justin Oaksford

0 0%
  • Manuel_Calavera

5 9.09%
  • davi

0 0%
  • supialoctopod

1 1.82%
  • oomgawa

0 0%
  • robmorfin

0 0%
  • Ian L

0 0%
  • BoksonD.

0 0%
  • Nalot

0 0%
  • chaosrocks

0 0%
  • Gaius

15 27.27%
  • Coleb

0 0%
  • timothee

2 3.64%
  • bumskee

11 20.00%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

EOW#63 Dark Faerie Ghetto
    Where the fae come out to Plae..

Wandering_Monk:
    *no description* -3pts

alti:
    *no description* -3pts

Cloister:
    "When the Mayhrim Armies secured the last woodlands of the Maylonian Empire, the bright faeries where driven into the sea. The dark faeries, whose manners are more compromising, yielded and were taken into slavery. Four hundred years later the Emperor, Nahrack II, granted them their freedom, but only on the promise that they would never set foot outside the yellow Bogs of Ethertaul."

ATAnderson:
    "The Dark Faerie King's castle is situated in a vast barren wastlend, in giant canyons that lead to the bowels of the castle live millions of the kings minions, workers, servants and soldiers alike, all of them drones to the hierarchy."

marak24:
    "The Nore Clan was the weakest of the Seven Faerie Tribes. After the dust settled from the war that split the Faerie kingdom apart, they were forced from the canopies and into the edge of the woods. There, the clan's way of life decayed and rotted."

Justin Oaksford:
    "The dark faeries thrive in the middle of Wardun, the capital of Sekuul, the Dark country. However, nearing the border with L'me Asse, the 'good faerie' region, where the grass is green and the skies are blue, the real estate is cheap. The faeries who just couldn't hack it in the city have to live out there. Once out there, their skin becomes lighter within years, disabling them from re-entering Wardun, or any other major Sekuulian city for that matter. When the Fakurr (inspection squad from Wardun) come out to investigate, they eliminate any faeries seen associating with the Light faeries. In this rare scene we see a dark faerie with a blue cape in open daylight- a member of a rebellion, returning home. It is likely the Fakurrs are waiting inside to ambush him."

manuel_Calavera:
    "It's bit surrealistic but my intention was to go into direction of holocaust and Jewish ghetto in Warsaw which was last stop before extinction camp."

davi:
    "The two Dark Faeries, brothers, are banned from their fairyship, and must venture out into the bright ghetto. They squint as the hellish orange radiance pierces through the very trees that once shaded them. The Dark Faeries, nurtured by the cool, soft, and blue shade, hate nothing more than the sunlight which burns creation into the earth."

supialoctopod:
    *no description* -3pts

oomgawa:
    "I thought it said Dark Faerie GROTTO!"

robmorfin:
    "Hidden in the woods, accessed through a cave infested with killer bats lies the home of the meanest fairies, they all gave away their soul to the Stone God, whose sculpture is located in the middle of their town where they have dark parties every night to present their offerings and kill them."

Ian L:
    "an underground place where the cast out faires had made there homes."

BoksonD.:
    "After the great Faerie Clan wars, the ancestors of the vanquished continue to exist segregated from the "superiors", clipped wings preventing any from attempting to traverse over the Separation Wall, from which hints of the lavish lifestyles of the victors may be seen..."

Nalot:
    "druken fairy inn"

chaosrocks:
    "Barred from the light by the great iron doors and the wizard's wall the inhabitants of the ghetto grew smaller and weaker every year. Soon even the the simplest glamorie was beyond their ability. Although some had wanted the separation from the land of mortals, they didn't realize that that bit of each of them that was mortal gave them the will to live and that by separation to their shadow realm they were bringing the end of their race forever..."

Gaius:
    "The Fae when they are born are neither Dark nor Light. As they grow their true nature begins to assert itself, moulded by the choices they make, lured by the shadows, attracted by the light.

It is not till the Fae reaches Puberty does their path in life become clear. As their skin begins to darken to the deep blue of the night it is then they know they must leave their families and join the Dark Fae.

This is no easy journey for our Fae, for she must travel deep into the old forest and pass the Rat Riders to enter the Dark Faerie Ghetto."

Coleb:
    "I wanted to do a neighborhood in a landfill, but I got stuck trying to turn a high-top converse shoe into a drinking establishment.

So I went with the ye olde medaeval faery plaece."

timothee:
    *no description* -3pts

bumskee
    the misty part of the forest became a hideout for the troubled fairies.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Texahol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went ATA...though I do think bumskee was a very cool entry also. I forgot to mark mine final-and to give a discription-woopsie, ah well a lesson learned

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted Bumskee (ding, ding, ding)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for ata, defenetly had that darkness to it and it looked like a ghetto, also liked bumskee's but couldnt see a ghetto, only a mushroom forest,(pity, it had postential) also liked gaius, but i felt there wasnt enough dark feeling to it. it felt more like the forset was a dark place and the ghetto was the light. which is also a pitty, i think if it had been portrade the other way round it could have been a defenate winner

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cloister- interesting idea. nice colors.

ATAnderson- I really like ur images, but this one looks a bit unfinished imo. Excellent colors and composition. I think that more details would make the picture perfect!

timothee- really original. I like it!

... and my vote goes to ATAnderson!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Thalion! I appreciate the votes Justin, Nalot.
    I didn't think too many people were gonna participate this time around, but alot of cool entries came out of the woodwork. A couple of my favs were ATAnderson, Gaius and Bumskee. I voted for Gaius because I really like the lighting and textures you used in the piece. Good work everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Many nice Entries here. I voted for Gaius as I really liked your composition, particularly that it reads well and there is a lot of interesting activity going on.

ATAnderson - I liked the composition and lighting of this one as well, really great work.

Cloister - Pretty I wanted to vote for this one too - so hard to pick, great job.

timothee - Nice - I really like the style of this one. ONly critique, if I may say so, is I think the sign, and particularly the text, detracts from the image a little, would've tied in better I think if you had hand painted it in the same loose style as the rest of the image.

Bumskee - Your artwork is always nice to look at, nice work man

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by daveneale View Post
    I went ATA...though I do think bumskee was a very cool entry also.
    Same + i liked Gaius too. But there is only 1 vote so...

Cheers

M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for supialoctopod

saw your vid on u tube and had to vote for you

ps how do you make those vids??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i got nothing against supialoctopod or his image, but skunk you voted for him becouse you saw his vid on on utube? no offence, but that is so lame a reason,

Manuel_Calavera is offline And my ashes find a way beyond the fog And return to save the child that I forgot
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BTW how can I find those vids on youtube ? If you make a promotion here at least do it good and give a link or something

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I vote for ATAnderson,

bumskee : i like your idea
    Gaius: your work is really interesting, i like colours

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks very much for all the votes and nice comments folks, this was not the result I expected.
    A very wide range of entries and ideas this round. My favourite finished piece is Gaius's but I felt the ghetto part of the brief was not answered that well. Manuel Calavera got my vote, he deserves more recognition than he recieved. You definately took the most visually unique approach to the ghetto. The acid green colour that is quite often in you work is well suited here and if that's a flame-thrower the guy is carrying then that leaves room for some horrible narrative indeed. Cloisters is very nice aswell, but a little underdefined and removed from the action, still you have created a nice form language. Good work everyone.

ATA

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.