Thread: My Stuff

Thanks

My Stuff

Hi@all

Here is my first work (done with "fimo"). As you can see, this work is in progress. Sry for only two pics i think the back of the head needs more fullness. And many small scratches must polish away.
    At the moment i have no special concept for this sculpt. Just test a little...
    The edge around the face looks like a mask (don't know, why i've made it)

P.S. Someone know Tutorials especially for human faces (eyes,...etc.)?

hf

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Small Update

Some new Pics of the WIP head with new little details.

critic or cool ideas ever welcome

Thanks
    nice work buddy.
    it looks like evil lyn from he-man.

keep it up

Thanks
    This is very nice for a first piece. If you're able to, you should show us a profile shot also - that will help people who want to give you feedback. It's hard to grok the real shape of the piece with just front and 3/4 view. I do see a few minor things from what you've posted, though. It's also a good idea to post the scale you're working in.

The face is a little flat, which is a common (almost ubiquitous) problem with first works, although yours is only a little flat, and the general structure of the face is fairly solid. The eyes, though a little stylized are darn good for a first piece, also.

I think that the biggest weakness of your piece is that the lips looks sort of "stuck on". The lips generally follow the same curve as the teeth, which has a smaller radius then the rest of the face, meaning that the corners tend to "tuck in" with the barrel of the mouth. Try this: take one finger and place it against your lip as if you were going to shush somebody. Now take a finger from your other hand and touch the corner of your mouth. You should notice that one finger (the shushing finger) is further out than the other one - if you move the shushing finger straight over, it will not touch the other finger. I'm not sure if that's clear, but here's another way to show you: If you take a ruler or pencil or something else that's straight and place it gently against your lips, only a small part of your lips will actually touch it - the bulk of masses that make up your lips do not touch it because your lips are not straight.

Basically, you need to get yourself thinking in three dimensions, and understanding the shapes of the face as they exist in space. Unfortunately, it takes time, so just keep sculpting, and you'll get it - you've got a really good start just keep working on it. Rather than looking for tutorials, your time would be better spend studying the structure and anatomy of the head and face. If you understand the shapes, everything else is just technique, which is easy to pick up.

Thanks
    RE...

After a year of working, testing and learning, i show you my recent work. It's from the last month and only the half size as the older trials. Still made with "Fimo". Not perfect, but getting better...i hope
    As allways tipps and so on are welcome.
    For the second one (the head with the tiara), i search for good looking hairstyle and how to create the hair texture naturally. I want to made it behind the headscarf.

Meanwhile, i have filled a whole box with my sculpture-experiments^