Art: trouble with ink
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: trouble with ink

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation trouble with ink

hello, i'm currently doing year 12 art and i'm working on a large mixed media portrait (mainly inks and pencil) on illustration board. Unfortenately throughout the making of this picture, i've spilt a few drops of ink here and there (about 2 small ones) which i can't seem to remove, and i was wondering what some people do in a similar situation? every approach i've made to fixing these errors havn't worked
    please help

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do something creative with those "mistakes" unless they are in an obviously wrong place (like in the middle of someone's nose or something) you can take it and run with it.....i turned a splotch of ink into a bird once and it worked fine for the composition.......so see if you can explore that route, if not, you might be able to cover it up with white gouache (opaque watercolor pigment)

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if its a smooth finished surface, try cleaning a tiny area first with either metholated spirits or pure alcohol, becouse some inks are alcohol based. you could also try white gouache as panchosimpson mentioned, however the ink will gradually show through gouach alone, u first need to seal the ink first, Acrylics will do this for you, but becouse its transparent you then need to lay the gouage over it to make it invisable( preferably with an airbrush, so you dont get brush strokes). but all this can be time consuming and the end results are not always perfect, especially upclose. your other 2 choices are to scrap it and start all over again, or becouse as you say its a mixed medium project, is it posible to stick differnent textured papers on top, then it also becomes a play on texture theory. it may not look as pollished, but as a school or college project, and if you get it right then it can sometimes be great for achieving those extra bonus points.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.