Hexadragon, crits much wanted!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hexadragon, crits much wanted!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Hexadragon, crits much wanted!

To those who don't know what a Hexadragon is, it is a creature designed by Russ Gonsalves (Ksilebo), and it is a type of dragon. It is seen everywhere on DeviantArt, he has done at least hundreds of commissions already. The basic idea is a dragon with six legs/arms, two toes on every leg (no thumb), and six eyes. Other than that, you can release your creativity on them and add whatever you like.

This time though, it had to be a two headed hexadragon, and my goal on this one is to make it look as realistic as possible (scales and lighting and all). I only have a very basic and rather chaotic sketch so far.

The basic idea is this; The left head is blind but has a hightened sense of smell. The right head though has no sense of smell at all, but has the three pairs of eyes every hexadragon is equipped with. The information of both brains is sent to a third brain, which is the bulge on his back, right behind the spikes. The commissioner very much liked the idea but I am troubled with it's anatomy and pose. Help is much appreciated!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cant say much so far because theres not enough on here to give you a proper critique. however, i dont think this is the best pose to give any dragon - it looks like it would be standing on its front legs. i like how you have a very vivid description of how the dragon is. it would be very cool if you can figure out a way to show all of that in one picture.

ULTIMATE SKETCH GROUP
    Angelo | Gredgie | Matty

Website - Look at me
    Email - Hire me
    Facebook - Be my friend, pleaseeeee
    Nocturnal Concept Emissions - Surprise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah yes, I forgot to add that the dragon is not standing on it's front legs but actually hanging from it's hindlegs. The environment will be darker and rainforest-like. Where the blind head is sniffing will be tracks of a prey animal (probably a deer-like footprint).

Thanks .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have barely started and it's already killing me =/. I really need redlines for the positions of the hands/claws and the arm muscles. Please please help!

Any other suggestions are also welcome, of course.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Lhune!

What I find the most problematic is the way it's hanging. It just seems that it's hanging because there was no other action it could do. Y'know, when you were a beginning artist and you made your legs uneven and put rocks underneath them to cover up the problem.

But that's just me..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hullo Dragonictoni,

I guess that is because it originally started as a stalking-like position on the ground. I liked the head and shoulders very much but not the position, so I made it hanging. I have a pencil sketch of a hanging hexadragon somewhere, so the idea was stuck in my head anyway. Now I still like the shoulders, but it's lower left arm (right for the viewer) is really bugging me, as are it's hindlegs. I don't know how to place them =/.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think what you could do is take out the legs and make it so he's kinda crawling?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.