Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 642 Posts
    Ikuru: This is really a "light" suggestion, but I guess that is anti-shadow. With the sun straight behind and low like that the edges of the pyramids and steps that are toward the sun will look better defined by a light edge rather than a dark one. It's sort of like the halo on a figure with back lighting.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks attorney, Im not sure I get what your saying but, some kind of highlight in the edges right and a bit of "halo" light around. is that it, anyhow I droped this one for now.. and made a kick ass chow instead.. But ill be back...
    thanks again.

Thanks

Thanks
    did you flip canvas?
    SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Final: (sorry if its too late!)
    EOW#64 Forward base camp of a winter campaign

The forward basecamp served as a portable station sampling the environmental conditions and estimating military responses to threats in the area.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsign View Post
    did you flip canvas?
    Good point. Guilty of not checking as I went along.
    thanks for the advise!

Thanks
    Hi everyone! Forward base camp of a winter campaign FINAL.

This is a base camp being built for diferent purpouses. Provides the troops with appropiate shelter for the winter, supports them crossing the river and in the latter siege of the position and provides a good defensive outpost if retreat is needed.
    During the construcction considerable number of troops would be keeping the river line avoiding danger of being surprised by enemy.
    Last edited by Zutaiola; September 9th, 2007 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    I like the idea of having the buildings hook into the clouds, Nalot. It's an interesting idea.
    Thank you.
    "Hello darkness my old friend, Ive come to speak with you again" -Simon and Garfunkle

Thanks
    for purely selfish reasons I am going to leave this open for 24 more hours
    Last edited by chaosrocks; September 9th, 2007 at 04:24 PM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    sweet, i needed more time...thx
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    K 8 hours from now!

rmeber---

1. outside host
    2. Mark final

simple
    chaos
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

Thanks
    The Mark Of Imaga

By the end of the second nuclear winter, the air was so cold that snow could not fall. Like the eye of a tornado, the world was silent and immobile.

With all but a few remote regions blanketed by electromagnetic radiation in the first nuclear winter, the social and political geography of the world splintered and was set adrift. Fossil fuels were consumed excessively in old, conventional, innefficient devices to keep the major population centers warm. Within ten years, fuels were depleted and the world so damaged that it was unanymously agreed upon that there was not even a faint glimmer of hope remaining. The second nuclear winter was a result of the global implosion of spirituality - the last vestiges of humanity that clung on for survival had run out of consolation in their prayers and meditation, and those who refused to take their own lives began projecting their frustrations onto the remnants of their world. Cities were rocked as warheads and power plants were set alight by the fires of martyrdom.

The Mark of Imaga was the final bomb to go off in the second nuclear winter. Launched from a base deep in Alaska, the bomb sailed up into the stratosphere, catching the light from the cold sun like a dove. Eventually its engines burned out, and it hung like a forlorn tear amongst the clouds, finally turning in a slow cartwheel and tumbling down. It landed in what used to be california, setting off a chain reaction of explosions that rocked the san andreas fault line. The resulting cacophony of global disasters put an end to what was left of life on earth. It was all over in a matter of days. Like the eye of the tornado, the world was once again silent. Silent as it was at the beginning of time.

Silent now, at the end.

Thanks
    poll building now
    will close thread when Im done..you got about 10 minutes
    chaos

Sketch book

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    The Mark Of Imaga

By the end of the second nuclear winter, the air was so cold that snow could not fall. Like the eye of a tornado, the world was silent and immobile.

With all but a few remote regions blanketed by electromagnetic radiation in the first nuclear winter, the social and political geography of the world splintered and was set adrift. Fossil fuels were consumed excessively in old, conventional, innefficient devices to keep the major population centers warm. Within ten years, fuels were depleted and the world so damaged that it was unanymously agreed upon that there was not even a faint glimmer of hope remaining. The second nuclear winter was a result of the global implosion of spirituality - the last vestiges of humanity that clung on for survival had run out of consolation in their prayers and meditation, and those who refused to take their own lives began projecting their frustrations onto the remnants of their world. Cities were rocked as warheads and power plants were set alight by the fires of martyrdom.

The Mark of Imaga was the final bomb to go off in the second nuclear winter. Launched from a base deep in Alaska, the bomb sailed up into the stratosphere, catching the light from the cold sun like a dove. Eventually its engines burned out, and it hung like a forlorn tear amongst the clouds, finally turning in a slow cartwheel and tumbling down. It landed in what used to be california, setting off a chain reaction of explosions that rocked the san andreas fault line. The resulting cacophony of global disasters put an end to what was left of life on earth. It was all over in a matter of days. Like the eye of the tornado, the world was once again silent. Silent as it was at the beginning of time.

Silent now, at the end.

FUCK.

dude go write a book or something! ...that is the best concept ive ever seen/read very visual!..NIIICEE..

ohh and the picture aint bad either
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    Note: just updated mine 10 seconds ago...
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast