VFS or Sheridan?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

VFS or Sheridan?

Hi,

i'm from brazil and i have a question. it's better to do art fundamentals program at vancouver film school or sheridan institute? and what about the animation program?

thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to Sheridan for Art Fundamentals in September (in 7 days, actually) and I've heard nothing but good things about the program and I've seen lots of good art / artists come from it.

I also hear a lot of good things about their animation program as it covers very broad topics/mediums (even though it focuses on animation, you do a lot of story boards, video-game related animation/effects/art etc.) I've also heard good things about the faculty.

Maybe I'm just biased, however, since ive never been to the Vancouver Film School. therefore Sheridan isnt necessarily better than VFS, but it is definitely a good candidate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well if youre interested in studying the Sheridan animation program in the long run then doing the fundamentals program at Sheridan would be a good idea. Its likely more suited for helping you get into animation at the same school, plus youre in the same building as the animation students and faculty to get contacts.
    If youre just interested in a fundamentals program try emailling and/or calling both schools and getting in touch with faculty and students in the programs to see what theyre like. There are quite a few Sheridan students here at the forums, however i dotn know any from vancouver.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you both
    i decided that i will attend sheridan, even because i want to get into animation program, so, i think the best idea is actually going to sheridan

i hope in january i'll be there

hugs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Might as well ask this here rather then make a new thread:

I would have gotten into Sheridan's Illustration were it not for an academic requirement that I lacked (they wouldnt say what it was and I had the reqs posted on their site but enough whining) and so I'm starting up my first year at OCAD's Illustration program. Next year I can either do another year at OCAD or I can transfer to the second year of Sheridan's Illustration. For long-term employability's sake, would the second choice be the better one?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do ya mean "long-term employability"?
    Go to whichever school teaches you what you want to learn and do in the long term. The school name will do absolutely nothing to get you a job in the illustration or other commercial art industries, its the portfolio and networking. Go to whichever one suits you better.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I took art fundimentals at sheridan ( i live in the area), i would not recommend it to anyone.

I would recommend going to animation fundimentals, or straight into animation. what are you looking to do?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    May I suggest that you check out Max the Mutt Animation School in Toronto? Our website is: www.maxthemutt.com. We have several students from Brazil, and if you decide to give us serious consideration I'm sure they would be happy to answer questions for you. Van Olson is our Admissions Director. You can email him at admissions@maxthemutt.com. Our first year curriculum offers serious training in traditional fine art skills, and "sets the table" for the years that follow.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.