Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuff

Thanks
    Hey, Anthis, you're back! Good to see an update.

What can I say, it's all lookin' good. Loving those bridgeman studies. Gotta get myself one of those books... And although I'm not one to talk; start updating more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey anthis, what up's? i really liked those figure studies you are doing!

thumbs up!

Thanks
    That Dragon has some potential, man. Work on the pose and design more. Later!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 721 Posts
    thesadpencil; Yeah I can't seem to get that under control.. thanks for the reminder!
    Hai!^^; I'm with you. We should push each other more. ;P
    sony; Sony! Don't know, messy times. Yea still doing loads of figures. I'd advice the spartan camp - keeps you on the job.
    Dizon; Still got too much to practice, perhaps I should focus on speedpaints. You've got a point with the design. The concept-thing is missing lately. Cheers!

Speedpaints studies bridgman blabla and a CoW entry. Going entirely too slow-moving on.

Anthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuffAnthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuff
    Anthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuffAnthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuff
    Anthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuff

Take a look at my Website!

Thanks
    cool fish studies! haha

You can probably go much darker for more contrast on your drawings of the japanese woman. I'm sure her hair is much more darker. It's probably good to focus on the value of each element in your image. ( ex. Hair mass is darkest, face is lighter, clothing is middle value)

On you're jungle/forest speedie, some of the trees could have been pushed more into the BG. The edges could've been softer.

Nice Rhino like creatures! I like your creature designs. Nice ideas.

Thanks for commenting on my SB. I'll try to update soon.
    Last edited by Dizon; October 20th, 2008 at 07:58 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dizon; Thanks on the value tip. Even when drawing I'm still trying to figure it out, same goes for lineweight. I guess it should come with experience. You're right about those edges, I noticed just now. Cheers!

More Studies, Speedpaints, Bridgman stuff. Its about the 60th time for me to join the spartan camp (under community activities!) so I included those too (the little poses). Tried out coloured pencils, trying to get a better sense of colour. Fish are all from reference (book).
    I've been drawing many heads lately, during lunch breaks and from ref. Progression is very slow though.

Anthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuffAnthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuffAnthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuff

Thanks
    nice going, watch your eye line; especially they need much work, they are miss placed in most cases, those fishes are cool nice rendering!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bridgman studies, Daily sketch group.

Sony; Appreciated! Thanks a bunch for the crit.

Thanks
    Cool updates. Those fish studies are amazing. Especially the bottom salmon. It really looks like it's come fresh out of the water.

Seems to me like the biggest problem with your heads are the eyes, and putting them far enough into the skull (if that made sense). Don't be afraid of the lines and shadows in there.

Happy new year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome paints, man. Love the ideas you have here.

I really like the 2 guys in the cave painting. It works so well especially when viewed from a distance. Here's my crit on it.

Later!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey
    I like those head studies. Good work. I am trying to draw them as weel, but without succes. Could you help me with that? Do you have any suggestions? Keep drawing.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fregy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hai; Thanks for the advice. Heads are still real tough for me. I just cant get them to look 'right', there's always something off. The fish were a colour practice at first, trying to understand colours better since I've got a colour deficiency. So I had to use loads of ref too.
    Dizon; Thanks! Very useful paintover. Stupid of me to leave the stuff on the left in, I usually spot that ;s. I'm not so good at overlaying textures, I'll see if I can dig up a guide somewhere.
    Fregy; Cheers! I have been drawing loads and loads of heads lately, although I think I'm far from good. I'd advice using books from either Loomis or Bridgman for learning, and try to draw from real life. (i.e. taking a moleskine somewhere public and start drawing)

!!!!!TABLET!!!!!

I've finally bought myself a tablet (intuos3 6x8 ). I'm practising hard, but I certainly have a long way to go. I'm loving it though, and I'm hoping to get much better. I'm not yet comfortable with it, and I don't quite know how to use the pen pressure best. This is so much better than using a mouse though.

Loomis studies, speedpaints, and a CoW entry. I'll upload more regularly because I'm losing track of things.

Anthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuffAnthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuffAnthis' Sketchplace! studiescreaturescharactersspeeds and stuff
    Last edited by Anthis; January 23rd, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks
    You are improving in every aspect, your latest head studies are very much better, the placement of eyes are bit off even now, i would suggest you to flip your sketch and study the direction, it might help.

Last sketch is simply awesome, its composition is nice, i think you can add a small character in the foreground, to make it interactive. just a suggestion!

niCE UpdatE tho!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 51