Thanks

I Recently Bought a Bunch of Games

Please rate the games I bought recently, or rather my purchase choice, or both. Feel free to make suggestions, but keep in mind that I live in a PAL region and I wouldn't go and buy things that are only released in the US.

The games are:

Devil May Cry- I'm surprised to not be bothered by the graphics at all, and I'm loving it. The music is great.

Devil May Cry 2 - 2-Disc copy that I bought expecting special features, but it's being able to play as Lucia. Should I sell this? The gameplay is annoyingly easy.

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition - Can't wait to rip into this one.

Silent Hill 3 - The scariest game I've ever played. I plan to buy the first two once my funds are better looking.

Resident Evil 4 - AWESOME.

Timesplitters 2 - As good as I remember in 2002-2004.

DMC3 came in a 5 game package which in also included:

Test Drive Unlimited - I already have the PSP version, but this can't hurt much.

Final Fantasy XII - I've decided to give it a chance, even though I hate the series. The combat system will take some getting used to, but I'm sure the art and story will be rewarding.

Onimusha 2 - Gave this five minutes with low expectations. Plan to sell.

Ratchet & Clank 2 - My second copy, and it's Platinum. Plan to sell.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    take it you have a PS 2/3

Onimusha 3 is quite good. Never finished it some of the puzzles are bitches

for shoot em ups Cold winter was very good.

Burn out 2 classic........ while burnout 3 has way better graphics the crashes are just impossible

SSX 3 snowboarding......great soundtrack great 2 player.

God of War.... ok I played it a few times and gave up but its fun...

I have a low attention span with games they must be simple and with lots of blood and violence.

THere was a game... can't remember the name of it set in anicent China You have missions clans fighting you lead armies get to play as the different clans,
    build up the characters, very arcade type reminded of Hero Quest for the Pc and Commodore... name showing my age.

check link below http://www.gamepublic.com/top/ps2/
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits4noman View Post
    take it you have a PS 2/3
    THere was a game... can't remember the name of it set in anicent China You have missions clans fighting you lead armies get to play as the different clans,
    build up the characters, very arcade type reminded of Hero Quest for the Pc and Commodore... name showing my age.
    Dynasty warriors? great game.
    Devil may cry 2 was a crime to the series. 3 Rocks hard. plus its a prequel, so 2 isnt really important.
    For ps2, definitely give Summoner a try. its a 4$ game now, and it might be a bit old, but phenomenal story and some great locations and enemies. Plus awesome music.

Thanks
    Thank ya!

I've almost finished the first DMC, then I'll just go for the third.

Thanks
    Timesplitters 2 is a classic shooter, I was actually playing it with some guys in my dorm earlier tonight. Resident Evil 4 is awesome too. The only other game on that list that I've played is Final Fantasy XII. I haven't gotten far since my brother kind of monopolizes it, but its absolutely fantastic. Great game to look at.

As for suggestions- I'm generally a Nintendo guy. My number one suggestion for a PS2 game would be Odin Sphere if its out over there. That game is beautiful, and fun as well.

Thanks
    Honestly don't waste your time with R4, it's really not at all what it's cracked up to be. If you're hoping for a game similar to the original Resident Evil, you will be very very disapointed. It looks beautiful, but I truly don't know why this game got so much attention as far as game play goes. Because it's really not very fun.

Play and cherish Devil May Cry, all of them.

Time Splitters Is just Goofy fun.

And Rachet Is a pretty fun easy play.

Do your self a favor and go get Shadow of the Colosus, and Odin Sphere.

Thanks
    are you nuts? RE 4 is the shit!
    i think games shouldn't really be recommended on opinion, everyone likes different games. for example driving games, who the shit wants to play that? booring!

Thanks
    My number one suggestion for a PS2 game would be Odin Sphere if its out over there. That game is beautiful, and fun as well.
    What kind of beautiful? I'm into the lighting effects in Shadow of the Colossus, and its greenery. But mainly the lush greenery. Does Odin Sphere have this?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemanchuck View Post
    Honestly don't waste your time with R4, it's really not at all what it's cracked up to be. If you're hoping for a game similar to the original Resident Evil, you will be very very disapointed.
    That's the thing though - I'm not looking for those games. I enjoyed RE4 A LOT.

It looks beautiful, but I truly don't know why this game got so much attention as far as game play goes.
    Because people like it, and because it uses logic that isn't like the logic in other RE games?

*support truck crashes in river*
    Leon: Golly gosh darn, that's not very nice!

Leon: Well, I better just jump out of this window since that door is locked without me checking it! *jumps out*

*checks painting of Saddler*
    Leon: What a sinister looking fellow!

*Salvador revs chainsaw*

Leon: OMG, Becky, look at the chainsaw!

And then, we have the other RE games.

Chris: Why does this shotgun take up the same amount of space as this key in my backpack? I don't understand this!

Jill: Well, I better not go pick that shotgun right out of its glass case, because if I do, it'll trigger those triggers that cause this big hidden spiky ceiling thingy to fall on my head. But if I don't, that door won't open. I better just do this then. *picks it up* *ceiling starts to fall* *jumps through door*

Billy: Wow that was a close one Jill you almost got crushed by that falling spiked ceiling that was much more than possibly triggered by you taking this much needed shotgun.

Jill: *starts going down corridor* Wow, if I do the common sense thing and check around that corner, a zombie will spawn behind me. But if I run right around it, the zombie will jump right at me. Hmm.

Because it's really not very fun.
    In your opinion.

Play and cherish Devil May Cry, all of them.
    I personally just like the first and third.

Time Splitters Is just Goofy fun.
    In your opinion, but I take it a little more seriously.

And Rachet Is a pretty fun easy play.
    True, it is easy. Boringly so for me, but it was good to revisit it with that other copy.

Do your self a favor and go get Shadow of the Colosus, and Odin Sphere.
    I have SotC. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

I second what ciots said.