Following

bedroom scene

hay guys bit of help im stuck.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks like youve got some anatomy problems there i wont get all of them, but lets see what i can peg. first her right arm is to short, and her hand would naturally want to go on or under the pillow, not skew to the side. her legs dont work for me either its like the tops got cut off, this is in part because she's sinking into the bed a bit, but that doesn't account for all of it.

other things are items like the outlining, don't outline your chars like that let shading do that for you. Especially on her butt. It looks as though you just copy+pasted her in this.

then you have the pose in general, ive found around here that pose is generally frowned on because it says you didn't want to draw the difficult bits (hands, feet, and face)

Her entire body seems scrunched to begin with, did you use a reference for this? If you didnt I'd suggest that you do, it could really help you. Thats all i can get in for now. i've only got one hand to type with at the moment and it's beginning to get tired. Hope this gives you some idea of where you need to improve.

I think the problem with pen&ink is that there is no Ctrl+z command.

writers and artists have a lot in common -- we both draw from life, we both paint pictures, and we'll both spend to many sleepless nights on our work.

My (new) sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=100982

My (old) Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88773

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The window in the background looks like a computer drew it, too. The things most wrong with the figure are the line of the inner buttock extending too far and the ear appearing from the wrong angle.

Last edited by dashinvaine; August 20th, 2007 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd pay attention to lighting, too. According to the window there, it's light outside (or, underwater), so there should be at least one light source coming in the window. If she's got a light on, or something, that's a second source. The way her body is lit up, and especially the way the back wall is lit, makes it unclear where the light sources are.

yeah!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.