Action Poses, Anatomy, and the like...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Action Poses, Anatomy, and the like...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Action Poses, Anatomy, and the like...

Hi, I'm a first timer on Conceptart ^^. Euphony convinced me to join CA; he said that everyone's really helpful. I'm apprehensive, but I hope this place will help me improve, ...starting with this picture XD.

My close RL friend wants me to draw her a picture of Cloud and Sephiroth fighting, but that's easier said than done...Here's what I have so far~

thing is, I'm not great with action poses, as you can see...it barely looks like they're fighting. However, the roadblock I have right now is that I also want both of their faces to be showing without having to do a double profile picture D;

tall order right? any suggestions for alternative poses?

Things I need to fix in the picture first:
    Sephiroth's hand
    Cloud's sword

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would go for a more dynamic pose such as this one: http://oldnick.coraider.com/uploaded...go4-705042.jpg

One of the characters may suffer from not getting all the limelight, but it makes for a much more interesting piece. I would suggest doing a gesture drawing first, before adding so much detail, as it would seem as you have to do the whole piece over in order to make it more dynamic. If you post just the sketchy version, we can help critique along the way, as opposed to picking apart a piece that's essentially "finished". Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This, atleast to me looks alot like a friendly "I love you picture" the faces should be more angry and tence, sephiroth should also be turning his eyes in clouds direction. Though I must say I like this piece and the vibes comin from it =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sephiroth looks too tired or something like that, his eyes should be more angry and raised. However cloud looks good i can see that "chaos" in his eyes... i think its bad to draw some known chars coz ur just doing someone ideas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Chareed: I agree, some more gesture drawings would be a good idea, I'll try to do a few more and post them up.

@Abee: XD! Friendly I love you faces! Ok, I'll try to make sephiroth more angry looking

@rullax: I don't think its bad to draw fanart as long as you do it well. Its fun, and its also a request from a close friend of mine

Last edited by PBee; August 20th, 2007 at 01:45 PM.

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Close your eyes and imagine a real sword fight. Feel the emotions of the battle, hear the steel blades clanking against each other! Spend time dreaming of the battle. Then when you get an image you want to portray, try to hold that image in your mind's eye. Hold it,memorize it... then literally trace it off your imagination onto paper.

A fight scene cannot be constructed like moving dolls around on a toy set. You must live in your scene and believe it and draw it as you imagine it.

If you cannot see it in your mind's eye, if you don't believe what you are doing is alive.. nobody else will either.

kev

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Members who have read this thread: 1