The Hunter
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The Hunter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb The Hunter

this is just a little idea that popped in my head last night before bed and i thought i might sketch it down and finish it latter. any ideas, comments, suggestions?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting concept

Mk, so I have some crits. Plz don't take this wrong; I'm just telling you what I'm seeing in this picture.

Things to work on:
    -- values (why are the little ridges on the horns the darkest thing in the picture? pump up those darks! Plus, you need more contrast btwn the main figure and the background; it looked like he was s'posed to be carrying the big skull on his shoulders at first glance...)
    -- anatomy (his left arm's a bit short, and his left hand needs a little work... and you might need to make it clearer that his legs/feet didn't make the pic; right now it looks like his robe is dragging the ground -- in which case, his legs are really short)
    -- detailing (a better way to draw fur -- instead of up & down jags, do mainly the 'up' strokes, suggesting the jagged appearance )
    -- using refs (did you use a reference for that skull on his head?)

Again, I'm not trying to bash your pic; just trying to help

Cheers

Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with AmontilladoAg.

I would also add that you consider your composition and ways you can improve it. In making a good, readable illustration, you must consider the clarity of your silhouettes. In the case of this drawing, notice that the silhouettes are not clear and need refinement. Dont allow the head of the figure to line up at a tangent with the shape in the background, and as well don't let the staff come to close to the edge of the picture plane. Keep everything important in plain view.

I look forward to seeing it finished.

Phil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no refs if you mean looking at something but it was meant to be a tribute to the band demon hunter. Thanks for your help greatly appreciated! I'm just trying to learn and improve right now, being a sophomore in high school i am just now starting proper training in art.

the band logo:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.