Art: Photography - portraits - emotive, expressive, fashion, etc.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Photography - portraits - emotive, expressive, fashion, etc.

Sharing a few with you; tell me what you think.

The first two are the photos of my friend Milica and the third one is a self-portrait. I randomly chose these ones; they aren't my best shots, but I like them anyways. More to come & for now - enjoy!

EDIT: the fourth one... Milica, again.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by freckledmystery; August 16th, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you are trying to emulate lovely or beauty vs. a darker side.. does that make any sense. I'm create images...I'm really not good at comments/critiques. I quite like the second photo of "you" with outward arm. I think the lighting is good. I am no photographer.. I'm amateur I don't even know why I'm with the likes of all of you. I have a Kodak that has little apatrue (spelling?) It's just the way it was built. Did you do this manually. i have a manual camera but no where to print. I prefer drawing/painting ..I would personally rather do printmaking if I had space..and you can do alot with photo etching into the metal plates with your photo and acid..(more to it) as well as transferring photographs to printmaking paper. Gum arabic and a few other "elements" I'm sorry no one else commented. Hope they do. keep it up. and if you think these are not "elite" enough just keep asking for feedback (but not from me)

Thanks
    Thank you very much; I'm happy you even bothered looking at my photography, means a lot.

Thanks
    Welcome to CA!

I like the mood in your photos and how they interact with the compositions. The one thing that stands out to me is the absence of highlights flattening out your first image. The other images have highlights, but they are not as strong as they could be, even with the mood.

Keep shooting!

Thanks
    nice work, the first one looks very much like an old fashion shot. lets see more

Thanks

Thanks
    purplerose, thank you for your comments. You're right about all of them. Thank you so much!

eazym, thank you. I love creating oldfashioned moods in my photos. Well noticed.

Dr Caligari, thanks. It's my self-portrait.

More to come, definitely. Stay tuned.

Thanks
    I really like these pictures, they are very good in my opinion. I especially like the third one. You should post more than just these 4 random selections. I really like the mood you're setting here and you should keep at it!

Hardware: Canon S3 IS
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0

Thanks
    Fantastic work, particularly in the last one - it just screams urban, and the transition from light to darkness is beautiful. Did you do that in post-processing, and if not what sort of lighting did you use?

Thanks
    hey i dont check this section much, but i thought i would take a look and this is the first thread that cought my eye. There is something about the second shot that really appeals.

i like the self portrait also. It beats all those 45 degree snap-happy myspace self portraits at least Stick it to them.

Thanks
    i quite like the first one. i dont mind the fact that it doesnt have the highlights as much, it gives it a different feel.
    i'm not so crazy about the second and third, they just seem to me like things i've seen many times before. good, but nothing new.
    i think i'd like the last a little better if the arm wasnt out... but see thats just personal opinion and could go either way, i'm not even fully decided on it myself! great shot though!

Thanks
    r-idz, I appreciate your comments so much indeed and I quite agree with you! really. it's amazing how you've said what i think - the arm bugs me as well. thank you so much.

Form, I am so glad you decided to check my thread out of all the others. means a lot. thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.