ninja
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: ninja

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ninja

havent posted in a while, here's a 15 min piece, rip it apart, compliment ur sumthin, jus comment!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You really should study and practice the human form unclothed before attempting to draw cloths on the figure.

Aside from the human anatomy and form issues this drawing looks very flat. You have only provided the viewer a silhouette which doesn't describe where the chin is,where the arm begins, or where the crotch is. You need to include overlapping lines.

The drawing also really flattens out because you have made the character and the back ground the same color. By adding another value the drawing can achieve more depth.

The overall design is kind of boring because it's a stereotypical ninja. By adding some more original elements in his outfit or face the concept will be stronger.

here's a paint over of some of the stuff i mentioned

Go out and by yourself some anatomy books by Bridgman or Hogarth and read them carefully.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like i sed, it was a 15 minute piece, and i guess i shud have explained wut i did, i felt like being a total noob, and skippin a bunch of steps. i blokd in the shape of the figure and a dded the details and was dun. u can rip that apart to!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you decided to "be a noob" and paint with poor method, to create something that looks very unfinished and rushed, why did you put it on the internet for critique? I have nothing against speed painting things while experimenting techniques/etc but if its on this forum it will be critiqued as a full piece of art, so I would agree with the first poster and say you should listen to his advice, it will help you in the long run.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    somebody who KNOWS their anatomy would have it CORRECT no matter how long they spent on the piece.
    even 10 seconds, YES, 10 seconds... try drawing a human form with correct proportions and anatomy in 10 seconds. if you KNOW your anatomy and proportions, its not that difficult. in fact, you cant HELP but draw it correctly. but if you dont know your shit, you can spend an hour on a drawing and it will STILL have bad proportions and anatomy.
    sorry, but your excuse is bullshit.
    study anatomy dude. it will only help you.

Last edited by TheDirtSyndicate; August 16th, 2007 at 10:29 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.