Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks

Cow C.O.W. - Ideas For The 100th Round Of COW!!!

Yeah, soon it will be time for the 100th round of COW...100 weeks of creatures made by members of conceptart.org...

I am thinking about an idea what and how the 100th round could look like. I want to make it something special...i have no clue yet, but as COW always was a part of the community i think it is a good idea to share your thoughts and ideas on this topic.

Post your suggestions about how the 100th round could look like.

I am looking for ideas, suggestions and brainstorming...not only about a special topic, more about maybe a new approach.

Like the rounds we had, which were different from the usual "creature name/description" topics...

For example we already had:
    - detailed description of a creature, which could be used for a game
    - connecting the weekly activities to a general campaign, creating a new world
    - freestyle (round without a topic)
    etc...

So just shoot away and let's discuss about the 100th round of COW
    Last edited by Fozzybar; August 15th, 2007 at 06:16 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    boy it`s the 100th already?... time oozes by when you`re having fun.

been enjoying this activity for so long now... I can`t really think of anything fresh to suggest.

I think it`d be cool perhaps to have some sort of a "Pipeline" round (guess it`d be a LONG one...) where a creature is designed, then modeled in 3D, then animated. me thinks it could be highly rewarding to see one`s creature come to life, going through all the stages, from idea to sketch to final design to 3D modeling to rigging to a short animation, portraying movement and behavior.

anyways - keep up the insane work Fozzster, you dude rock.

Pat.
    We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    I have wondered about this for a while. My intial thoughts were why not go the other way, instead of thinking up something really smart and intricate, make it real simple, like: -Predator or Giant, something that relies on the imagination to make it great.

I also really like the idea of linked challenges, to create a new world and civilisations. Could be from a short story, where there are 2 villgages or tribes (EOW & CHOW) at war. 1 tribe's army is cavalry based, using creatures while the other relies on tool making and weaponry (IDW)
    During the battle some massive Citizen Kabuto style thing turns up.

3CH is approaching 50 rounds and seems to be on the brink of extinction. the 50th round could be to depict a scene using the elements created in the other activities.

Ok that's enough for now, back to work before I get too carried away.

ATA

Thanks
    How 'bout doing a Fozzybar-Creature as a homage for you doing this for 2 years now!

Thanks
    a giant creature with hundred heads?
    a COW LMS would be friking awsome! that is two man battles that narrow up to the two best beasts killing eachother of in the sunset.
    fozzy creature sounds good, take one of the muppets and turn it in to a bloody monster.

maybe combine character from the chow with a cow?

maybe a beast but it has to be a full poster, in scarry movie style, half nude chicks and logos and all?

killer art is coming up.

BANNED_For_POOPY_PANTS Guest
    A few suggestions:

1. MORTAL ENEMIES = Two creatures this time around; each one has to be the bane of the other's existence.
    2. MONSTER FAMILY = Dad, mom, kids, pet, etc.
    3. ULTIMATE EVIL = The most nefarious creature. Ever.
    4. BIOMECHANICAL SAVIOR = Life's last and only hope.
    5. LIFE ON TITAN = In less than 100 years, NASA could discover life in Saturn's largest sattelite.. what would it look like?
    6. IF MALEFACENT (sp?) AND THE WHITE RABBIT HAD SEX = What would Maleacent (Sleeping Beauty) and the White Rabbit's (Alice in Wonderland) offspring look like?

Thanks
    or simply take the most popular cow themes ever (choose three of them) and then run each of them one week each, they all have to be done in diferent media. first, ink bw lineart. then watercolor then oil/gouache

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts

hi

How about selfportrait creature?

Thanks
    A few ideas:

-Create a Fozzybar (and it cant be red or a bear)
    -Avatar wars. We did this a while back in the DSG over at cgtalk and it was a lot of fun. We chose the avatar of a person and made something out of it. And people often replied with a sketch. But I would say pick an avatar and make a creature of it.
    -Design a new creature mascotte (and no character this time )

Edit: I also like the selfportrait creature idea. But we need some sort of theme, to get away from the humanoid design.

Thanks
    "Massive Black" Creature. (obviously, the creature couldn't be all black, but rather it should be massive and 'mostly' black)

I also like the idea of Avatar Wars from Supervlieg..

Thanks
    throw away the rule book and let people do what ever creature they want..(only rule no humanoids cos they usualy boring and more laien so itmust be a conceivable creature) and which ever one is the best will win at poll.

or do a colaberation with CHOW, EOW and IOW...soo a topic is selected and CHOW have to do a rider or master for the creature, EOW have to do the setting/habitat of the creature, the IOW could do ....maybe a device to keep the creature under control orr something that is mounted on the creature as weaponry etc etc......still leaves the question of the topic though ?
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Supervlieg View Post
    A few ideas:

-Create a Fozzybar (and it cant be red or a bear)

Edit: I also like the selfportrait creature idea. But we need some sort of theme, to get away from the humanoid design.
    I like these ideas, only I think the creature could be red, or have red in it, but not be a bear

How about Fozz shooting out a list of animals [ ie; lion, zebra, blood-hound, moray eel ] & everyone has to combine parts from the creatures given to make a new creature?

Or how about "It ate the First [ two ] COW Mascots" haha

Oh & some suggestions posted a few months ago;

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemonkey View Post
    mattbyng's suggestion of Inspiration Bug made me think the following:

Fozzy or the winner picks a real world animal, a specific species, and we have to draw a very different creature inspired by it. For example, say the Monarch butterfly is the point of inspiration. We have to draw creatures that use the same black and orange patterns, but don't have wings. A white shark? Something with a dorsal fin and big chompy mouth, but doesn't swim. That sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangmort View Post
    I think that's brilliant! It'd real open up and get some creative juices flowing.

Oh, that gives me an idea as well. How about Fozzy picks a real life creature, and we have to draw what the creature would have "evolved" into a million years from now. [ think time machine; humans turned into Eloi & Morlock ] or even like that show on Discovery...

Imagine what something like a sloth or coyote would look like in a million years or more...~
    Try always to [ i m p r o v e. ]

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    I saw some people suggested a collaboration between the different weekly activities. I can't speak for the other weekly activities of course, but for IDW I think it would be fun to do (I saw the last time it happened is already a while ago). Just say the word Fozzy

However, as a special for COWs 100th anniversary I'd say do something else, as it isn't really COW specific. The idea of naming an existing animal and projecting characteristics of it on a new animal sounds cool to me.

Thanks
    how about "100?"

the creature can be anything that has 100 of something.
    100 eyes, 100 arms, 100 ears, 100 mouths, so forth and so on.
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    How about:
    The Worst Pet
    A little boy buys an adorable pet from the store. When he gets home he placed the pets cage near a window facing a developing power plant. This new energy form had not been tested and the town members were not warned. None was effected except for that poor caged animal who had no choice but to bask in the toxic rays for hours and hours. What he became was not so cute and friendly...

I like the idea of a collaboration between IDW and COW. Something bio-mech and giger-esque!

Jake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    What if we combine the ideas with beast and character. It can be anything like an orc, trolloc, giant, skeleton warrior, devil, etc...
    You have to design it's gear like weapons and armor.
    Much like the COW mascot hehehe
    Jake

Thanks
    something i thought up today, just throwing in...

Everyone has 1 week to draw 100 creatures....like little thumbnails, not too much detail but still worked out, so that the main features are visible...of course everyone should go for a large diversity...if we have 100 entries that would make 100th round of COW with 10.000 creatures, muhahahahaha......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar View Post

Everyone has 1 week to draw 100 creatures....like little thumbnails, not too much detail but still worked out, so that the main features are visible...of course everyone should go for a large diversity...if we have 100 entries that would make 100th round of COW with 10.000 creatures, muhahahahaha......
    sounds pretty good. Id like to try that weather you pick this or not.

I was thinking we could have cow painting live on tv and make Gene Simmons host it.

Thanks
    100 creatures. Wow. That would be something. Tough, but its doable. Sounds like a round Chuck,mate would dominate thoroughly.

If you paced yourself with twenty warm up thumbs a day during that week, you could do it.

I'm game for the thumbs round.

two suggestions though: 100 critters is a lot. I would perhaps allow two bends in the rule for variety's sake... bipeds (I'll avoid the word humanoid) and letting some of the thumbs focus and not be the whole body...head and shoulders, for instance. I just think it will make it more interesting than looking at 100 quadrapeds or 100 sea snakes. Let us mix it up, but stick to creatures.

The more I think about this idea the more I like it.
    Last edited by Michael Jaecks; August 14th, 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranx View Post
    100 tons!
    LOL. I actually predicted you would say that!
    Anyway, what about 100 asses. LOL. No, actually... I have nothing good. But Fozzybar's idea sounds pretty solid .

Thanks
    God's pet

Thanks

HAHA! This would be so much fucking fun! But MAYBE could we have slightly longer then a week???? Like...100days no I'm kidding. But maybe like a week & a half or summit, particularly for those of us who have jobs & you know, have to breathe

Oh And it HAS to be 100 or it can't get taken to the poll!!! Eh? It's not a real entry if it doesn't have all 100 & maybe some samples of the thumbs so we know how good quality each has to be?

Good shit Fozz. Go for it!~
    Try always to [ i m p r o v e. ]

Thanks
    Hello!! This is my first post!! I have been following COW from the start and the talent here is absolutely amazing to say the least!! Please do the 100 creatures for COW 100!! How about 100 100 watt creatures or 100 swimming fin striders or a creature that takes the form of a hundred creatures ( centimegalomorph). 100 zoological oddities. 100 winged exploders. to name a few. Get ready for a challenge!

Thanks

OMFG insane idea fozz.
    But I'm all up for it!

Thanks

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!
    We have a winner!

BANNED_For_POOPY_PANTS Guest
    As a member of CA I'm totally down for Fozzybar's idea.

As a fan of concept art and many of the artists who participate in COW, I'll be really dissapointed that for the 100th COW tournament I'll end up scrolling through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds.. and hundreds.. and hundreds of rushed thumb sketches by artists who normally blow me away with one picture.

Thanks
    now the 100 thumbs Idea is just the start. they all have to be posted on a small sheet the first week with a specific size, 1200*700 or something like that.
    then the next week will be refining week where the 20 best submissions (chosen by the overlord fozz) will go on to refining the 10 best of the hundred, then there will be a public voting and the 10 people of the twenty will go on to the FINAL round where they have to refine ONE of the ten creatures.

Hope I make sense there

Thanks
    First let me response to some comments so far:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck,mate.
    I think it`d be cool perhaps to have some sort of a "Pipeline" round (guess it`d be a LONG one...) where a creature is designed, then modeled in 3D, then animated. me thinks it could be highly rewarding to see one`s creature come to life, going through all the stages, from idea to sketch to final design to 3D modeling to rigging to a short animation, portraying movement and behavior.
    anyways - keep up the insane work Fozzster, you dude rock.
    thanks man, actually all of us rock.....all members who participated and supported in COW....it is a great result of a working community

About your suggestion...that sounds fun, but i can't imagine how the realization could work...we would need different artists to make this work don't we? Like artists who draw the creature, 3D-artists for modelling and artists doing the animation...sounds like a big organization and less participation at the end...but it is something i will keep in mind, because the general idea is worth a try one day

---

Quote Originally Posted by ATAnderson
    I also really like the idea of linked challenges, to create a new world and civilisations. Could be from a short story, where there are 2 villgages or tribes (EOW & CHOW) at war. 1 tribe's army is cavalry based, using creatures while the other relies on tool making and weaponry (IDW)
    During the battle some massive Citizen Kabuto style thing turns up.
    We already had this with the linked activites back then, it was not exactly the same, but the task would be pretty much the same. But this is another idea, i want to realize one day, especially in combination with a tournament like challenge...fightclub of the creatures

---

Quote Originally Posted by White WOlf
    How 'bout doing a Fozzybar-Creature as a homage for you doing this for 2 years now!
    Hehe, i don't know how many times this was suggested in the ideas thread. But seriously i am not doing this for self-adulation and i appreciate your thoughts, as much as COW is my baby i don't want to destroy the initial idea with a muppet topic
    Still money transfers are allowed and i also accept credit cards
    btw your old avatar was much better

---

Quote Originally Posted by ikuru
    a COW LMS would be friking awsome! that is two man battles that narrow up to the two best beasts killing eachother of in the sunset.
    Yeah, that's what i mentioned above with the creature fightclub thingie...it is definitely something to keep in mind

fozzy creature sounds good, take one of the muppets and turn it in to a bloody monster.
    again?

maybe combine character from the chow with a cow?
    Meep! error! This is about COW only...at least for the 100th round it should be...

maybe a beast but it has to be a full poster, in scarry movie style, half nude chicks and logos and all?
    Come on, you just want to have nude chicks built in somehow...but a poster idea gets on the to-do-list in no time...checked...

---

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanS
    1. MORTAL ENEMIES = Two creatures this time around; each one has to be the bane of the other's existence.
    2. MONSTER FAMILY = Dad, mom, kids, pet, etc.
    I like this 2 ideas, maybe not for the 100th round, because they don't have a relation to an anniversary, but they have a nice twist for coming rounds...

---

Quote Originally Posted by Supervlieg
    hehe, you guys want to change it eh? I will fight for the Dixon classic

---

Quote Originally Posted by Colrouphobic
    "Massive Black" Creature. (obviously, the creature couldn't be all black, but rather it should be massive and 'mostly' black)
    We already had this subject in a round...

---

[QUOTE=lifeonthesofa]a freestyle round for the 100th round is too less of a celebration i think, also we had a few times freestyle rounds (or at least 1 time)...same goes for the collab thingie, it also includes the other activities and i don't want to involve them in the COW anniversary...

---

Quote Originally Posted by Sangmort
    Oh, that gives me an idea as well. How about Fozzy picks a real life creature, and we have to draw what the creature would have "evolved" into a million years from now. [ think time machine; humans turned into Eloi & Morlock ] or even like that show on Discovery...
    Imagine what something like a sloth or coyote would look like in a million years or more...~
    I like this idea, because it is very interesting for creature lovers to imagine how evolution will change certain animals in thousands of years...but my biggest sorrow with that topic is, that there could be too less of a change of the initial creature and the diversity of the entries will be very small, thus difficult to judge...but still it is something to try out...again there is no relation to the anniversary...

---

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranx
    100 tons!
    ...in your a**....

---

Quote Originally Posted by panda
    how about "100?"
    the creature can be anything that has 100 of something.
    100 eyes, 100 arms, 100 ears, 100 mouths, so forth and so on.
    sounds logic...could get messy

---

Thanks
    About the 100 creatures idea:

I think 100 creatures is not too much for 1 week...if you do 14 thumbnails each day you're in! 14 thumbnails is not that much work...

I would suggest to categorize the thumbnails though, to avoid repeating designs and boredom, like:

- 10 insects
    - 10 flying creatures
    - 10 amphibians
    - 10 predators
    etc etc etc

Maybe there will be 20 categories and everyone makes 5 of each or members are allowed to choose 10 of 20 and make 10 of each etc...

Just to give you some guideline during the process...

ikuru
    What i like about your suggestion with the refining is that we would have a winner creature of thousands of starting creatures, like a marathon where only 1 winner out of 1000s who started comes at first throught the finish line...

But actually it will take a long time and work to do this (judging and different stages)...and at the end it is only a copy of the progress everyone does: sketching, choosing, rendering...it reminds me of the activity MikeCorriero and emily g once made, if you know that...

Keep it coming!

In parallel to the working out of the "100 creatures" idea, post new ideas, maybe we will find something cool...there are many days until the 100th round, so we are still in the brainstorming phase

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast