favourite brushes/custom brushes

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

favourite brushes/custom brushes

hi, i realise there was a brush sharing thread here along while ago but ..well it has more or less disappeared and most new members dont know about it i thought it would be good to start a new thread for people to post their favourite brushes with examples etc and share info on brush settings and creating brushes etc...

i have several custom brushes i like that people may want to download..(I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME HOW I WOULD APPRECIATE IT AND POST THE FILES )
    you might not like them but post your own custom brushes of favourite default brushes and peices you have used them in as an example or just a few strokes of them

(if there is already a new rthread for this lemme know i will just shut this and let it die off )

here are some i have created for different effects

this will probrably flop, get no replys and die but hey..i tried..i hope other ppl can help other ppl here

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to life on the sofa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for starting this thread. How did you make the first yellow ones... I like the natural feel you gave to them. Maybe as a suggestion for this thread for those people who want to show off their brushes should post a pic or list of settings used in the Brush Palette Config, and the original "Brush Tip Shape" beside it. And about saving Brushes, I THINK if just save the brushes as an ABR file (in the options of the Brush Palette), and post it here, we shouldn't have no problems in sharing brushes. Try it so I can test it out.

Last edited by GriNGo; August 13th, 2007 at 05:37 PM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGoLoCo View Post
    Thanks for the post? How did you make the first yellow ones... I like the natural feel you gave to them. Maybe as a suggestion for this thread for those people who want to show off their brushes should post a pic or list of settings used in the Brush Palette Config, and the original "Brush Tip Shape" beside it. And about saving Brushes, I THINK if just save the brushes as an ABR file (in the options of the Brush Palette), and post it here, we shouldn't have no problems in sharing brushes. Try it so I can test it out.
    Indeed. Everyone can save their custom brushes by having them open in the brush palette and then saving the custom brush set. Just be sure to not have any other extra brushes in the pack (especially the original Photoshop brushes) because it tends to confuse people. I have hundreds of brushes that I will have to post up one day soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGoLoCo View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. How did you make the first yellow ones... I like the natural feel you gave to them.

well the strange shape you can see on the top left of that picture is a stamp of the brush--that is the brush tip to get to sort of light misty part around it i like to smudgr parts of the tip that are at the side of the tip so if you see the stroke on the brush tip leading off upwards towards the left i smudged it slightly backwards and so it leaves thats effect.

not 100% SURE about "natural" lol but basicly for those strokes there i just put fade on at about "1037" and it leaves that nice effect at the tail of the stroke.

lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    I'd love to see some cool custom brushes-I'll post some of mine if I get time-been rockin the brush making a fair amount recently and it'd be sweet to see some others just to get fresh ideas. Rocking thread

Thanks
    i still havent been able to find out how to make brushes downloadable here lol..i will look into it and ask around.

for now ill just post another picture.

this is a brush i created primarily for doing bushes/trees/undergrowth etc etc.
    and the picture is a several second example of how i use it lol not a great example but does the job i normaly use it with better colours and on a smaller scale, like a tree in a background for the edges, the colours in this one are horrible but i just clicked on the first two greens randlomly

ALSO APOLOGIES FOR THE FEEBLE ATTEMPT AT MAKING IT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOSHOP BRUSH TUMBNAIL LOL

Last edited by life on the sofa; August 29th, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
    lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    thought I'd add some images to make it more fun

For the grass I went out to some fields, collected some grass, scanned one bit in, cut it out, made the brush, set the spacing a little apart, and I think I used a bit of shape dynamics for size to be set to pen pressure.

this one was pretty much all done with a square photoshop standard (I cant remember off-hand where it is exactly....but that square of paint on the right is what it looks like)and all I changed was the opacity jitter to pen pressure in other dynamics (something i discovered recently in another thread somewheres around here-but thats super usefull-if you've not tryed it I suggest you doI

Thanks
    Beautifull Kid Quijote Art, Great, Love it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daveneale View Post
    thought I'd add some images to make it more fun

For the grass I went out to some fields, collected some grass, scanned one bit in, cut it out, made the brush, set the spacing a little apart, and I think I used a bit of shape dynamics for size to be set to pen pressure.

this one was pretty much all done with a square photoshop standard (I cant remember off-hand where it is exactly....but that square of paint on the right is what it looks like)and all I changed was the opacity jitter to pen pressure in other dynamics (something i discovered recently in another thread somewheres around here-but thats super usefull-if you've not tryed it I suggest you doI
    any chance on sharing the grass brush?

Thanks
    absolutely love the second one Dav!

i hope this thread stays alive for a while. Im trying to figure out how to get that scratchy palette knife look in photoshop, and cant seem to get it right.

Thanks
    KAY so. I started a poll asking a thread like this to open. and it already is. Somene said we could zip our brushes so I zipped mine. Along with examples

The BG is the paper mache brush...it gives it a canson feel I think. well Tell me if it works and how ya'll like em.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ped454 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    this is one i did using a cutom comb brush i created, very similar the the default texture comb but with aome noticable differences when using it, its alot smoother and the storke sorta has a flick at the end to give it a kinda look like a ribbons in the wind (which was the effect i wa going for)

for those of you who havent seen it, the original brush sharing thread (nov-dec'06) some brushes available there

would be good if some ppl would post this thread in their signatures or something to get more people aware, not many ppl use this forum.

(im still not sure how i upload brush sets )

this is a stufy of another painting, done using the brush you see in yellow on my first post. THIS IS A DIRECT COPY FROM REFRENCE OF ANOTHER PERSONS PAINTING. painted by me but 100% from refrence painting.

this was just a play with that brush after icreated it, and i was also just trying to ease myself back into colour selection in PS after nt having used it in a while.

Last edited by life on the sofa; September 14th, 2007 at 09:37 PM.
    lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    Hi,

These are the brushes I'm going to share today. Just mention my name if you use 'em in any piece you display/distribute. lats

ps: the fun neg./pos. space one isn't included cause its too large even after zipping. srry. lats

Attached Files Attached Files

16. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to ped454 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    thx for the brush

Thanks
    I am guessing these are only for PS, and not Painter...

Chris

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    so far as i know ..:/

sorry. PM ped454 and ask. or even just try uploading them in painter and if they wont then there is your answer.

lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    or, hive minD im not sure how it works in painter..but maybe i or some other ppl could send you the stamp of the brush and you can just define it as a brush on painter and apply the setting you are comfortable with

lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    let's try to make this thread Photoshop only, since it's in this section.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    it is

lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    I thought I'd link this thread too:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82641

I REALLY think they should make Brush threads Sticky in both Photoshop and Painter forums. It's a great resource.

Thanks
    Another suggestion for this thread: In addition to posting the brushes for download, if possible simple post the brush tip shape at its actual resolution. I use PS7, so most downloadable brushes I find in these kind of threads don't work for me. With the brush tip ship posted, I can just save the image and make the brush myself from there.

Thanks
    i still havent been able to upload a brush set onto here..but i doubt it will be suitable for anyones PS version because im just working with the photoshop elements4.0 that was pre installed on my laptop so. old version. very old.

arshes nei-
    yep i linked that same thread up a few posts got some good brushes

moai-

i did show the bursh tip on some of the ones i did but i know they are crap and not suitable for saving and making brushes from. i will up load them soon.
    i create them at very high resoloutions though because im too stupid and lazy to make canvas a decent size..i just make the brush smaller when i paint with it.

will upload some tips tomorrow

(glad its now a sticky along with clos3d's thread. who made them stickies?..)

lense flare this bitch

:

26. The Following User Says Thank You to life on the sofa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    this one was just to test saving it for web works as a higer res.

i think it has?

well will upload more right now, that i can.

lense flare this bitch

:

Thanks
    life on the sofa: How did you make the first brush oO amazing brush if you can share it =D

-------------------

First post in this board and I will introduce my self :

I'm 14 years old and I'm from France and I love the digital painting =D hmmm thats all i'm not very good for that ><

And I'm sorry for my english :/

See you soon =D

Thanks

Industrial brushes

Here are some brushes I made. Enjoy. If you use please let me see what you have done.

Brushes

minieffects

Thanks
    Kind of a noob question.....not quite sure how to word it, thus not quite sure how to search for it....

How would one go about affecting the 'angle' of the brush in photoshop?

Notice how the triangle 'lines' in this piece seem to follow the path? So all the triangles aren't all facing the same direction, they are following one another in different angles....

It obviously looks pretty 'Illustrator' to me, but is there some way to do that in Photoshop?

Thanks
    Dimi

I start to think, and then I sink,
    into the paper, like I was ink.

Thanks
    what you do is set your DIRECTION under Brush dynamics .. then you also have to play with the roundness settings.. they can be based off pressure and direction and such most likly it is just roundness and set randomly at mayeb 30%

hope this helps.. roundnesss helps to break up repitition when a shape like a tirangle has to follow a set path..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettison View Post
    Kind of a noob question.....not quite sure how to word it, thus not quite sure how to search for it....

Notice how the triangle 'lines' in this piece seem to follow the path? So all the triangles aren't all facing the same direction, they are following one another in different angles....

It obviously looks pretty 'Illustrator' to me, but is there some way to do that in Photoshop?

Thanks
    Dimi
    That can also be done in zbrush which android also uses.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    just define a custom brush in photoshop that is triangle shaped. then in the brush properties change the spacing on the brush tip in brush tip shape so that the triangles don't overlap. Then change the angle of the brush tip by rotating the circle in the brush tip shape section until the triangles point into one another. Then under shape dynamics turn on angle jitter and set it to direction. your triangles should now follow whatever path you draw.

(this is assuming you have a tablet of course)

see my gallery of some of my work, old and new

or you can view my sketchbook

Looking for a mentor to help with anything and everything.

Foreshortening still remains an elusive mystery.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettison View Post

Thanks
    Dimi

The Large Portion of shapes are created with a tools called "Pattern Chalk" that is exclusive to Corel Painter. Pattern Chalk combined with a vast library of shapes he has collected. As ArtZealot mentioned as well that Zbrush is a good potion on the process as well.
    These effect can be imitated in photoshop to a certain degree, but for the most part... never close enough as far as Ive always heard.
    His Demo's in the download section have explinations, demonstrations about these tools and how he sets them up. Quite original and impressive.

Last edited by Daniel Andrews; July 11th, 2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: edit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8