Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 71
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands, Europe
    Posts
    1,598
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 163 Times in 87 Posts
    @ TheDonut; yes, but more because of more detail.. I was thinking.. The main problem you have with her at the moment is that she doesn't look very tough.. Try making her eyes a bit bigger (wider), and narrowing them a bit vertically so she looks a little daring or something. Right now you can see most of the iris, that gives her a sort of frightened, sad look. You could also try to have her mouth have a little more expression. I'll try a paintover tomorrow if I have time, to show you what I mean Keep a mirror at hand and see which expressions could work. But also, as you need to do a turn around, don't spend tůo much time on the face ^^ it has to look right, but not over detailed, because in the full version you won't see all the details.

    Ah well.. Gonna sleep now..

    Love
    Marleen

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angus147258 View Post
    Here's it all finished with background and color.
    Teen Challenge #33: Turn around for a Bounty Hunter.
    Jake
    Don't forget the back and side views

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoŽ View Post
    @ TheDonut; yes, but more because of more detail.. I was thinking.. The main problem you have with her at the moment is that she doesn't look very tough.. Try making her eyes a bit bigger (wider), and narrowing them a bit vertically so she looks a little daring or something. Right now you can see most of the iris, that gives her a sort of frightened, sad look. You could also try to have her mouth have a little more expression. I'll try a paintover tomorrow if I have time, to show you what I mean Keep a mirror at hand and see which expressions could work. But also, as you need to do a turn around, don't spend tůo much time on the face ^^ it has to look right, but not over detailed, because in the full version you won't see all the details.

    Ah well.. Gonna sleep now..

    Love
    Marleen
    You're right - I'm tinkering with the expressions at the moment. I don't want to go all GRRR-kind-of-tough with her because that's not the character I have in my head.. I'm going to go for more of a quiet determination kind of thing.

    I'm working on the side and back views as I go along, they're well underway, don't worry

    Thanks for the comments, appreciate it

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Don't forget the back and side views
    I never said the whole project was finished...

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    1,437
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 89 Times in 34 Posts
    angus: cool shit bra, you using loomis for the pose ref?

    Ok going to start working on mine tommorow.
    Going to kick all your asses!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Whats Loomis?
    I've started the backside and will soon do the side as well.
    Jake

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Here's the WIP of the back side. I decided to go with a sword opposed to a gun. Any one can kill with a gun but you have to be pretty damn bad ass to hack someone up with a sword!
    Teen Challenge #33: Turn around for a Bounty Hunter.
    Jake

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands, Europe
    Posts
    1,598
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 163 Times in 87 Posts
    @ TheDonut (again ): I did a little paintover on the expression mostly. She probably looks a little too mad now for your taste, but well ^^ I hope it can help you in some way. I made the eyes a little wider, narrowed the face a little from the left, and made the chin a bit less pointy. Also I put the eyebrows a bit lower. Ah well, you can probably see it for yourself

    Name:  011.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  57.2 KB

    I don't think I'll be joining in, since super secret activities from the girly forum are taking most of my drawing time at the moment ^^

    Love
    Marleen

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    london,england
    Posts
    761
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    I don't think I'll be joining in, since super secret activities from the girly forum are taking most of my drawing time at the moment

    aarrgggh..secret?..*whiny* sound funnnnnn..


    DAMN YOU PENIS!!! DAMN YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU.


    ...guess i better say something usefull huh?....well...you all suck.

    but angus give that cape some creases and definition it will look cool,

    *whistles*

    (i didnt find that usefull..you?)

    Last edited by life on the sofa; August 15th, 2007 at 08:17 PM.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush
    Dont think I'm in this one... just doesn't really interest me
    same. Waiting eagerly for the next :o

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by life on the sofa View Post
    but angus give that cape some creases and definition it will look cool,
    It's a WIP dude. I haven't gotten to the cape.
    Jake

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    london,england
    Posts
    761
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angus147258 View Post
    It's a WIP dude. I haven't gotten to the cape.
    Jake
    yeah thats fine it hadnt presumed it was finished or anything and i worded what i said wrong upon re reading..i said "it WILL look cool" it does already i meant that the picture will be even better

    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoŽ View Post
    @ TheDonut (again ): I did a little paintover on the expression mostly. She probably looks a little too mad now for your taste, but well ^^ I hope it can help you in some way. I made the eyes a little wider, narrowed the face a little from the left, and made the chin a bit less pointy. Also I put the eyebrows a bit lower. Ah well, you can probably see it for yourself

    Name:  011.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  57.2 KB
    She doesn't necessarily look mad. I think that the expression that is being used now is more sad, troubled, depressed, etc. To make her look a bit more angry try lowering the brow but keeping the ends up to make it in sort of a wave shape. Also narrow the eyes and even raise the corners of her mouth as if she's snarling.
    The way you have the brow compressed is from both sides. Anger would be only the inside corner.
    Jake

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook