Thanks

Super Mario Figure

It’s been a while since I have posted anything around here, hell in the past couple of months I think I have only visited these forums a hand full of times. Stupid life has to go and mess things up and get in the way of the important things like online forums and, poking small balls of putty with oddly shaped sticks until they vaguely resemble things that make people want to stop visiting your house.

Anyway, I spent the few days working on this Mario sculpture. No real reason other then I realized the only Mario fan based collectables I have are from old McDonald’s crappy-meals.

Still have to sharpen some thing up, make a base, and paint him up real nice.

Any critiques or comments presented will be submitted to a committee for review. If found to warrant further deliberation they with will be put before another committee, after hence to be maliciously scrutinized by myself, and action will be taken accordingly. Thank you

Super Mario Figure

Super Mario Figure

Super Mario Figure

Super Mario Figure

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    He looks good. Am I right that he has just kicked a soccer ball? If so, it would be cool if you made a soccer ball and put it on a stick... so it would be out and above his extended foot.

Three and a half inches is a good size for him. Maybe you could make some other Super Mario characters to play along with him when you're done with this one.

Thanks
    great sculpt! I would say the only thing thats bothering me is the knee's. It looks kinda broken! awesome work tho!

I agree with the other guy, you should have a bunch of the other characters play with him haha

Thanks
    Definately a solid little sculpt. Wario I'm assuming from the evil eyes and mustache? The only thing that kind of bugs me are the ruffles/cuffs/bracelets? I'm sure they're probably based on the image from the game, but for some reason they just seem a little blocky/unrefined compared to the generally realistic style of the rest of the model.

I agree a about the knee too. I think it should be straight for a kick pose like that. No, wait..after googling some images to prove my point, it seems I'm wrong...the knee is usually bent in a kick like that. Wierd!
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Thanks for you comments guys.

I feel stupid. I forgot to post the artwork I am working off and the sculpt doesnt work unless seen in the proper context. I have done a bit more work on him so I will update soon.

Super Mario Figure

Thanks
    Thats pretty cool. Cant wait to see it painted.

anthony pittarelli

Thanks
    you should have sculpet a ball for him too

Thanks
    Make a worried Koopa peeking up from the inside of his shell!

Thanks
    Ever heard of studio Y creations? They are a company that is looking for sculptures right now. They are based in the s.e. of Calgary. Check out there website.

Thanks
    Now here's a Mario I don't want to meet in a dark alley! Really nice stuff, lots of action in the pose! makes me want to cover my lower extremeties. The pose works standing up but will really stand out once you have him in the air. How are going to manage that, without breaking the design?

Thanks
    I was actually fired from studio Y about a year ago. It was a great place to work and had a great group of people to work with but uhhh....... I kinda had a problem arriving on time and I don't think my sense of humor was appreciated by everyone. I was also was having some health and family issues at the time but eh, whats done is done.

I kinda forgot I even made this thing. It has been sitting on a shelf half painted for like nine months. I should really get around to finishing it off. As for the pose he is going to be in mid air. I am going to try and finish it off in the next little bit and post an update. I have a bunch of other crap I should post as well I just haven't been around the forum as much as I would like to be lately.