C+C to death

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: C+C to death

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C+C to death

I just finished this picture after three days of work. This is for another site, but I figure I might as well , get it rippied apart by you guys. This entire idea was to recreate a scene from an anime. The anime Bleach. The battle between Kenpachi Zaraki and Ichigo Kurosaki. I wasn't very good at background so I decided to illustrate the energy ( good idea or bad?), I want to know. I used a mannequin to get the poses, got the idea, and started to sketch, from there I went to use a fine tip brush pen and make the mark , then I inked everything.
    C+C to death
    Rip it apart, anything nicely said must be with something that well, rips it apart.

Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Evxyza92 View Post
    Rip it apart, anything nicely said must be with something that well, rips it apart.
    Okee dokee.

The entire picture looks flat, you would've probably been better off if you had left it with just the line work for the time being. The "energy background" is way too confusing to even discern, and not enough time was spent with detailing the energy so that we know what it is. It looks like a bunch of random pen strokes in different colors. The anatomy is off, using mannequins is tough because mannequins are rigid and not relaxed or fluid in their poses. Placement of characters is also confusing because they aren't standing on anything that shows exactly where they are. The markers, or pens, whatever you used, really jumbles the pic up too much. Try again with just the line work and ask for crits. Then it won't be too late to change most of the difficulties. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how in hell this can have taken three days. The drawing is bad, the anatomy is all over the shop, the composition is weak the colouring is a garish, scruffy mess. What were you thinking? It's a dog's dinner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dashinvaine View Post
    I don't know how in hell this can have taken three days. The drawing is bad, the anatomy is all over the shop, the composition is weak the colouring is a garish, scruffy mess. What were you thinking? It's a dog's dinner.
    No, but honestly... tell us what you really think

Evzxyxyz... whatever, look... it's good that you are putting your stuff out there to be seen and critiqued, and an honest appraisal of this work would probably be "refrigerator art". But don't let such dismissals discourage you. I've been where you are right now- I've shown pieces to school recruiters and had them send me packing telling me to bring back something "real" next time. It stings, and it is the mark of an aspiring artist to aim to come back with womething that fits the criteria of "real."

With that preamble out of the way, you need to step back your art. You need a foundation built on actual drawing from life and figure study.

We would honestly rather see boring drawings of shaded fruit and house-hold items, drawings of your mom sitting reading, or your dad doing whatever, drawn from life than the type of picture you just posted. You will grow faster if you practice practical drawing exercises now rather than waste time trying to emulate style without a comprehensive foundation in craft.

Your piece is not good-- there is little we can say to elevate this piece due to your lack of craftmanship, and especially the unoriginal subject matter-- but we can see that you may have passion and drive, and applying that towards exercises that will improve your skill is what will make you great.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.