Bad days
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad days

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bad days

Today i had to go and get my blood taken (throat and tonsil issues spanning 3 months, doc wont take it seriously), and i was quite happy with my lack of nerves, which was a side effect of me being extremely worried about my girlfriends safety ( shes meant to be in greece, not heard from her in over a week ).

Anyway, the woman steals my blood, and i sigh thinking its all over. Then as i stand up she says "ooops" and waves more bottles at me.. She had taken the wrong samples, or not enough ( too faint to ask), so in goes the needle into my other arm!

I rationalised it by calling myself a selfish bastard, reminding myself that people gave PINTS of blood regularly.

Anyway, i went off to subway for a recovery meal, spicy italian with mayo! yum! I go to sit down and a kid sitting near me pukes everywhere, then just gets up and walks off!

I just got up and walked home.

( Im enjoying all the story telling on this forum, and id like to hear some more bad days. )

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohhh man. i have a good one for you. but its gonna take me a few posts to get it all in here.

maybe a quick summary:

- get up late for class, find out my cars been broken into, stereo stolen, cd's and backpack gone, windshield is shattered..

- no friends to pick me up so i wait for the bus.. for over an hour. missed 2 classes already. turns out the buses were cancelled due to some safety violation.. i start walkin.

- i get to lab, dont have my work cuz the back pack is gone, get a big fat 0 for the assignment, which means im failing the class.

- go to lunch, realize i dont have my wallet.. cuz it was in the backpack

- meet up with a friend to get a ride home, thinking about how im gonna fix the car. turns out the car is being towed at my apartments because the apartments dont want 'abandoned vehicles' on their lots.

- i explain to the guy what happened, we start arguing, i lose my cool, the cops show up..

- i explain, they leave my car, take a report and help me move it to another spot.

- during this time, my roomate had come and gone, locking the door with my keys on my desk.

- i walk to my friends place to stay the night. he advises me to drink until everything is erased. i do as he says..

- i spend the next 2 days puking and crying like a little girl.. missed more classes, car gets towed anyway cuz i had agreed to get it fixed in 2 days.

- JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not exactly a bad day, but a bad blood drawing experience...

A few summers ago I got really sick - I was in the hospital for a solid week. During that time the doctors checked my blood about three times a day because I was losing platelets and red blood cells (I was anemic enough to be putting on sweatshirts in 85 degree weather because I felt cold). Well, needless to say I got a lot of blood drawn that week - all the veins in my arms were collapsing, so it took them a couple of tries (I think like five) until they got some from my foot. I was not a happy person at all and now I'm a little afraid of needles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think I'm going to be able to top JAG, but I'm still going to post.
    A while ago I had to return some books to my college library, it's about twenty minutes away so I had to put some gas in my car before I could go. While I was at the gas station I got a call from my grandma, she needed to get her lawn mowed. Her house is on the way so I figured "what the hell, I'll be nice."
    I stop back at the house to get the weed wacker, then I'm on my way.
    About half way there I get rear ended, when I turn around the person that hit me is already going off of an off-ramp...the bastard. My car still works but now the rear bumper is literally smashed up under my car. I made it to grandma's were I worked for about an hour. It must have been about ninety out and my allergies were really acting up, I couldn't go more than a few seconds without sneezing. When I finally finished I got back in the car and was ready to leave when one of Granny's neighbors came walking up to my car with a pissed off look on his face. I rolled down the window and he bitched about some grass clippings I left on his driveway, and he demanded that I clean them up.
    Normally I would have told him to fuck off, but my grandma is 81 years old, and I didn't want to risk this prick giving her a hard time about it. So I got a broom and cleaned up the grass clippings...I still hate that bastard. I finally left and was once again on my way to the University library, it can be complicated to get back on the freeway from my granny's house, I ended up going the wrong way down a street and narrowly missed several head on collisions. After reorienting myself I finally managed to get back on the freeway and on my way to the library.
    When I got to campus I was surprised to find that there were no meters open, normally I would have just gone to a structure, but that can cost up $5, and I was only going to be there for about ten minutes. I ended up driving around for about ten minutes to find a place to park, finally I found one beautiful open parking meter. I put in enough quarters to get about an hour of time on the meter, I didn't want to take chances.
    I went and took my books back to the library, and was surprised to find out that they were a couple days late. At this point I was too tired to argue and just gave up the $4.
    I left the library and went straight back to my car, remember when I said that I parked there to save some money? Turns out that in my excitment after finding a virgin parking space I had parked in a handycap spot, the stickers and signs were everywhere-how could I have missed them? Anyways, in Detroit this is a $100 ticket.
    I was pissed, even more pissed after I heard some people laughing at my misfortune from a nearby roof top. I swallowed my rage and got into the car, then I couldn't find my sun glasses...turns out I had sat on them and broke them. I almost had a heart attack.
    I got back on the road and ended up in a traffic jam, it took me about an hour to get home. When I finally got there I went in my room and went to bed, it was only five o'clock.

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No way! what a coincidence. I recently had a 3/4 month throat and tonsils issue of my own that I had to get blood taken on, and I nearly passed out heading out of the doctors office... I felt like such a wuss
    Glad we finally got it figured out though, turns out I had Mono of all things. I had to get blood taken twice since they didn't check for mono the first time, and we had to go an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor where I got blood taken again. This lady was good though, she got it done in no time and I was so relieved to get out there .

-----SKETCHBOOK-----

---Old Sketchbook---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the worst bad day I had was when I was born...that was a cold, heartless afternoon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember driving and knocking two cyclists off their bike, they kicked my bike and I drove off...it was awesome too when the cops gave me a call later that night...I was shitting little green pellets.

Then, one of my firearm books was misdirected to the wrong house, it was a sniper manual from the United States Marine Corp, and criminal investigations came to my place of work and interrogated me for an hour.

Awesome!

- m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember when you hit those cyclists hehe.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had days so bad I could remember them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few years ago I went to a walk-in clinic to get a few quick shots for school (tetanus and flu), but the shots gave me two grand mal seizures and I ended up being taken away in an ambulence and spending the rest of the day in hospital. Yeah...that was a pretty sucky day but I've always been terrified of needles and now I have a legal reason to never have to be vaccinated ever again.

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Oaksford View Post
    I remember when you hit those cyclists hehe.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had days so bad I could remember them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On my 18th birthday, I was stuck in bed, sick with a really bad flu. This was also the day that my rejection letter from Cal Arts came in the mail. It wasn't just a bad day, it served as a catalyst set off some of the worst, most confusing, meandering years of my life - seriously, it was as if I was a completely different person after that day.

EMO!

And oh yeah, with a thread title like this, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be campy:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Caskin - Thankfully my test included mono, but i wont know the results for another few days.

The main symptom is a bad throat and a malformed tonsil on one side. Really scary stuff, i hope they find out what it is.

JAG - you win :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same day I got my rejection letter for an art school in Paris i was driving my moms Honda s2000, I thought my life was over and then kachunk! I just drove her new aluminum rims straight in to the curb and scratched the shit out of them. total cost to get them repaired: 1500 dollars.

But the worst day/night was trying to get my ex-girlfriend back, man those events that took place that evening were so unbelievable.. talk about the worst morning-after of my life... I shudder just thinkin about it...

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone try to beat me. I won't talk about it but

when i was 21 I did:
    Got bumped my my GF in the morning
    And
    Lost my job during the afternoon
    And I got drunk in the evening
    Next day was nicer.
    I got back with my GF
    and got a new job!

HAHA!

Coinpurse is offline fishing for boots... Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yes, I have one of these once or twice a week
    Theres one bad day I'll never forget which happened a couple of years back, when I was working as a forklift driver in a warehouse.

-In the middle of a nasty storm, thundering in the area knocks off the power to my house.

-I wake up 3 hours later than I should have because of a reset alarm due to the storm.

-Rush out of bed and haul ass to work without eating or taking my meds or anything (Getting out of a bad cold)

-Get to work and its pooring outside, parking lot is packed, I get the crappiest parking space. Now I run in the pooring rain all the way to the dock

-I take a nasty fall halfway there and sprain my foot, still stuck in the rain (Im sick from the two days before)

-get to the dock, boss starts cursing and yelling blah blah, was hopeing for a suspension but the fucker only wrote me up for being late and not calling.

-My forklift is on the other end of the dock, no gas and trashed up from the jackass that used it the night before (After an hour of searching for it)

-The night starts accompanied by several shoe trailers (boxes upon loose boxes) and doors that I can't even get open because the driver parked the trailer to close to the dock.

~After a series of smaller annoying events

-break time comes, im starving with no money and the closest late night mcdonalds is about 15 miles away considering I used to work the graveyard shift.

-I take the drive regardless, still sick with no meds and come back late from break, my boss doesnt say anything (+ for me)

-the night goes on, 10 minutes before I leave I end up dropped over a whole pallet full of paint, the 20-30 buckets hit the floor and paint goes all over the place. I stay for about half an hour to an hour longer than my original 12 hour days to clean up the shit.

-I curse out my boss and walk out, only to find halfway down the road that I forgot to clock out and turn in the manefest I was working on.

-I drive back to turn the printout in and clock out only to confront my boss again.

-I get into a minor car accident on the way home at 6:00am. Tired driver took the red and hit me from the side, I guess he didnt see me coming I don't really remember.

That was probably the worst day of my life, only a few days before someone close to me had passed away so I was already in a bad mood. I ended up getting really sick after that and took a week off. I've had days where I worked 36 hours straight with no sleep during a hurricane, power knocked out all over the place and me driving an hour to my house on the highway with no lights but my own (huge tree blocking the road that leads to my house, my truck gets stuck halfway down the woods in a detour.)

Stay in school kids!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh dear, those are really awful stories

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM! View Post
    Stay in school kids!
    Euhmm.. right. I had some really bad days during the first three years of secondary school they kinda messed me up and made me depressed the 4rth year when school days started getting better.

soo... Not wanting to recall bad days from school, I'll do one from a few weeks ago:
    I had my first day of work and got yelled at for making beginners mistakes and I almost cried (apparently the supervisor woman who yelled at me always treats people like that when she gets stressed but luckily she went on vacation after my second day of work there so I didn't need to learn to deal with it). After working 11 hours (7 am till 7 pm), I went to do grocery shopping. The supermarket had just rearranged the places of virtually every product so it took me ages to get all the things on my shopping list in my cart.. I pay, leave, put the shopping cart next to my bicycle and start to put the stuff in my bycicle bags. At some point the right bag became heavier than the left one and the bycicle fell over, knocking three other bycicles over as well. So I put my bike back up, and the other three as well. At that moment my shopping cart decides to go ride down the slightly sloping pavement and it rides against, or stops just before a parked car (I'm not sure because I didn't see it happen) the person who was sitting in the car comes out and starts yelling at me for causing damage (there was the tiniest little scratch which was probably there already). So I go red, start saying sorry and stuff. In the end I give her my phonenumber and she lets me go.

I get home, cook for myself and my boyfriends's roommate (bf was still at work), I clean, do the dishes (roommate sits and watches TV ), and take a shower. I post my day on a dutch forum where I used to go and cause a fight because this guy gets really mad at me because he says I treated the woman in the car badly. I thought such a tiny scratch couldn't possibly cost much to repair, but the guy on the forum replies that this would cost €500 or more.. So I got really down because if I woúld have to pay for that, it would mean my entire payment from my summer job working 10 hours a day would be gone to some stupid tiny scratch on a car that I might not even caused.

Oh and the guy told me that my crits on drawings posted on that forum were way too harsh and that I was stupid and that if her drawings weren't art then why did she get into art school? (I never said her drawings weren't art, I said I loved them and gave some crits), and he said that I didn't get into art school so I shouldn't be saying anything (pff, I didn't get into art school because I didn't even try yet because I have to finish secondary school first??)
    So I thought 'let's just take it all with a grain of salt' because I didn't know the guy, but then a lot of 'friends' who were also on that forum started to agree with him so I left the forum.

At that time I was really tired and really sad, so I cried, drank lots of water and went to bed at around 10 PM, I got about 7,5 hours of sleep and got up with too little sleep and a headache the next morning at 6 AM, to get to work and cry again because the supervisor tells me she thought that I was acting very pissed off the day before. (gee.. ME acting pissed off?)

Thank god the woman from the car didn't call back... ^^ I'm still very glad I did the summerjob hihi It filled up my savings account again.

Love
    Marleen
    EDIT; I hope the post doesn't sound too complaining hihi usually I'm a happy girl ^^

Last edited by NoŽ; August 3rd, 2007 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh, sorry to hear about all that Noe.. but ill tell you from experience paint scratches dont cost more than $10 to fix.. i dunno about 500 euros, thats ridiculous.

oh well its over and you got off lucky - JAG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - get up late for class, find out my cars been broken into, stereo stolen, cd's and backpack gone, windshield is shattered..

- no friends to pick me up so i wait for the bus.. for over an hour. missed 2 classes already. turns out the buses were cancelled due to some safety violation.. i start walkin.

- i get to lab, dont have my work cuz the back pack is gone, get a big fat 0 for the assignment, which means im failing the class.

- meet up with a friend to get a ride home, thinking about how im gonna fix the car. turns out the car is being towed at my apartments because the apartments dont want 'abandoned vehicles' on their lots.

- i explain to the guy what happened, we start arguing, i lose my cool, the cops show up..

- i explain, they leave my car, take a report and help me move it to another spot.

- during this time, my roomate had come and gone, locking the door with my keys on my desk.

- i walk to my friends place to stay the night. he advises me to drink until everything is erased. i do as he says..

- i spend the next 2 days puking and crying like a little girl.. missed more classes, car gets towed anyway cuz i had agreed to get it fixed in 2 days.

- JAG

WOW.....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My worst day wasn't nearly as bad as some in here, but here goes;

I was working for the parks and recreation department. Had to load up the john deere lawn tractor in the trailer and drive to a few poarks along the north shore to cut grass.

Nearly ran over a menenite (DON'T ride your cotton-pickin bike on the white line) and just about crashed head on into a transport. Nearly took out at least 3 lives before break time, not a good start.

So I get to the first place and get the tractor stuck. Lots of swearing got it loose though. All day, EACH and every time I wanted to load or unload the tractor I had to screw around with the straps which got stuck. Old things should have been replaced. by the end of the day my hands were bruised, bloody and swolen from fussing over them.

get to the last park of the day and blow a tire on the thing. Great. Brand new john deere, my boss' baby. So I load up, happy that I can call it a day. But it won't go up. On our trailer we have two steel step ramps that swing down so we can drive something onto it. The flat tire in the back was slipping on it, and I wasn't able to load it. Ended up calling a guy from work to help, but then told him it was alright once I put a block of wood under it. He wasn't too happy that I wasted some of his precious time. Ended up back at base, screwed around with the tie-straps one more time and ended the horrible day an hour late. Bleh...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't think of my worst day EVER, but I do have a rather recent story. :>

Me and my friend decided we'd go to see the Simpson's movie. I hadn't been out in ages so it could be fun. I get a ride to his house where we'd walk the rest of the way to the theatre. I'd walked that far before and it was doable, but that day it was REALLY hot. I believe into the thirties. So we're approaching the plaza that the theatre's in and I'm starting to feel faint. Y'know, light headed, seeing spots, it's happened before but nothing serious has ever come of it. I decide we should stop at Kelsey's (a sit-down restaurant type chain, they're around) and get a glass of water. By the time we come around the front I CAN'T SEE. I sit down for a few seconds and take a breather then I get up, my vision's back, and I puke. I got a bunch of it in the can outside the place and just as we're going inside, I heave all over the front of me! OH BOY! Fortunately it was around 2pm so the place was pretty much deserted. I go to the washroom, clean-up, and puke some more. Then I eat a bunch of mints before my parents pick me up.

It didn't end that badly though. I went home and showered and saw the next showing of the Simpson's movie with my friend and he said the whole thing was exciting.

Really though, I should probably get that checked out. :o

>>>CLICK HERE AND CLAIM YOUR FREE* IPOD<<<

*there is no ipod, actually. sorry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not the worst day ever, but similar story to other peoples blood taking fainting experiences, was giving blood in college, the nurse guy was really nice, we were looking at my blood ( was actually a really nice scarlet red), and joking saying how he should take it to a paint colour sampler, coz he wanted a colour similar to that to paint his living room , next thing i knew i woke up with about 6 nurses round me fanning me etc, turns out i passed out and fitted, which isnt the most fun thing, wasnt the blood or anything, apparently my blood pressure is just really low, so stops the oxygen getting to my brain. I went to the doctors, they took my blood pressure when i was sitting, and again when i stood up, which dropped quite a lot, at first she looked a bit concerned, like hmmm thats odd, then decided against actually doing anything, and asked my mum, so what would you like me to do? Umm your the doctor love, and she then just put it down to ah yeah fainting is common with young girls...
    Except its happened before, i fell down the stairs, not badly or anything, took a couple of steps, collapsed and fitted, and another time but i realy cant remember it, just woke up on the floor. so im not convinced im entirely healthy,
    and not exactly the worst day ever, could have been a lot worse considering i didnt have to go to hospital or anything.
    got to give it to you guys, youve been dealt some crap!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG. View Post
    ohhh man. i have a good one for you. but its gonna take me a few posts to get it all in here.

maybe a quick summary:

- JAG

I was waiting for the part when you step in dog poo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh no dog poo.. but puking for 36 conescutive hours is no walk in the park man.. where there is dog poo - JAG

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG. View Post
    heh no dog poo.. but puking for 36 conescutive hours is no walk in the park man.. where there is dog poo - JAG
    36, woooooah and here I thought my 10 was pretty heroic. Maybe I should be getting something larger than the kiddie-sized glasses of whiskey...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haha jens, i feel your pain. Thats why i like to travel alone.

Coinpurse is offline fishing for boots... Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    ...The guy starts yelling "if i gotta die today, i'll die today, if it has to happen today, it happens". After he's calm, we walk a long long long time and we suddeny arrive at the LISBON BRIDGE... wtf

LOL I feel for you Jens, That blows beyond proportion. And wtf, was that guy on acid or something?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    defintely man.. i lived with 3 girls for 6 months. couldnt go ANYWHERE with them and have a peaceful evening. cant imaging what its like traveling with those banshees.. thankfully your survived and learned your lesson - JAG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm usually trying to supress those kind of days, but what I've learned is that all bad things usually fall on one single day. I can spend weeks without mistakes or accidents, but then there's this one day that's totally screwed up from start to finish.

Waking up too late from a nightmare, usually with a cramp in your calf, dropping the whole medical locker on the search for the redeeming magnesium pills, breaking your toes on the way to pick up your mobile phone, rushing to work (getting flashed on the way), noticing you left the company keys at home. It follows the obligatory chopping of your fingertips with a cutting machine at work, running into people on the way to the emergency locker, spraying blood all over your and your colleagues' projects. Then you drive home and have to refuel, not realizing you have no money with you because you forgot your purse at home as well. Talking the attendant into letting you go to the bank to get cash, there you find out that there's been a debit that you have no clue about... And when you come home into your safe place, your cat has shat on your carpet. If you don't step into it, your day has been almost fine.

That's why I always tell people "Have a nice day". I wouldn't curse my worst enemy with such a day.

EDIT: Hah, Jens. Not talking about vacation, but being with just girls is a bad idea. I did it for years and some day I realized it's not worth the effort I put into it. I spend an approximate sum of 300 years waiting for them dressing up, putting on make-up, trying out their shoe catalogue, and generelly waiting for them whenever there was no time to wait for something, listening to their barbie-fights and arguments, and whenever I turned around to meet a guy's honest and simple mind, there was no one there to talk to... I'm done with this kind of spare time consumption.

Last edited by Jabo; August 6th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres a bad day for you guys...my photoshop kept crashing all day yesterday. And this screen is of a file i didnt get to save.

Last edited by pagedown; August 7th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
    my sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=103239

My website: coming soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont get it... does this mean im having a bad day??? - JAG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.