Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bad days

Thanks

Bad days

Today i had to go and get my blood taken (throat and tonsil issues spanning 3 months, doc wont take it seriously), and i was quite happy with my lack of nerves, which was a side effect of me being extremely worried about my girlfriends safety ( shes meant to be in greece, not heard from her in over a week ).

Anyway, the woman steals my blood, and i sigh thinking its all over. Then as i stand up she says "ooops" and waves more bottles at me.. She had taken the wrong samples, or not enough ( too faint to ask), so in goes the needle into my other arm!

I rationalised it by calling myself a selfish bastard, reminding myself that people gave PINTS of blood regularly.

Anyway, i went off to subway for a recovery meal, spicy italian with mayo! yum! I go to sit down and a kid sitting near me pukes everywhere, then just gets up and walks off!

I just got up and walked home.

( Im enjoying all the story telling on this forum, and id like to hear some more bad days. )
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ohhh man. i have a good one for you. but its gonna take me a few posts to get it all in here.

maybe a quick summary:

- get up late for class, find out my cars been broken into, stereo stolen, cd's and backpack gone, windshield is shattered..

- no friends to pick me up so i wait for the bus.. for over an hour. missed 2 classes already. turns out the buses were cancelled due to some safety violation.. i start walkin.

- i get to lab, dont have my work cuz the back pack is gone, get a big fat 0 for the assignment, which means im failing the class.

- go to lunch, realize i dont have my wallet.. cuz it was in the backpack

- meet up with a friend to get a ride home, thinking about how im gonna fix the car. turns out the car is being towed at my apartments because the apartments dont want 'abandoned vehicles' on their lots.

- i explain to the guy what happened, we start arguing, i lose my cool, the cops show up..

- i explain, they leave my car, take a report and help me move it to another spot.

- during this time, my roomate had come and gone, locking the door with my keys on my desk.

- i walk to my friends place to stay the night. he advises me to drink until everything is erased. i do as he says..

- i spend the next 2 days puking and crying like a little girl.. missed more classes, car gets towed anyway cuz i had agreed to get it fixed in 2 days.

- JAG
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Not exactly a bad day, but a bad blood drawing experience...

A few summers ago I got really sick - I was in the hospital for a solid week. During that time the doctors checked my blood about three times a day because I was losing platelets and red blood cells (I was anemic enough to be putting on sweatshirts in 85 degree weather because I felt cold). Well, needless to say I got a lot of blood drawn that week - all the veins in my arms were collapsing, so it took them a couple of tries (I think like five) until they got some from my foot. I was not a happy person at all and now I'm a little afraid of needles.

Thanks
    I don't think I'm going to be able to top JAG, but I'm still going to post.
    A while ago I had to return some books to my college library, it's about twenty minutes away so I had to put some gas in my car before I could go. While I was at the gas station I got a call from my grandma, she needed to get her lawn mowed. Her house is on the way so I figured "what the hell, I'll be nice."
    I stop back at the house to get the weed wacker, then I'm on my way.
    About half way there I get rear ended, when I turn around the person that hit me is already going off of an off-ramp...the bastard. My car still works but now the rear bumper is literally smashed up under my car. I made it to grandma's were I worked for about an hour. It must have been about ninety out and my allergies were really acting up, I couldn't go more than a few seconds without sneezing. When I finally finished I got back in the car and was ready to leave when one of Granny's neighbors came walking up to my car with a pissed off look on his face. I rolled down the window and he bitched about some grass clippings I left on his driveway, and he demanded that I clean them up.
    Normally I would have told him to fuck off, but my grandma is 81 years old, and I didn't want to risk this prick giving her a hard time about it. So I got a broom and cleaned up the grass clippings...I still hate that bastard. I finally left and was once again on my way to the University library, it can be complicated to get back on the freeway from my granny's house, I ended up going the wrong way down a street and narrowly missed several head on collisions. After reorienting myself I finally managed to get back on the freeway and on my way to the library.
    When I got to campus I was surprised to find that there were no meters open, normally I would have just gone to a structure, but that can cost up $5, and I was only going to be there for about ten minutes. I ended up driving around for about ten minutes to find a place to park, finally I found one beautiful open parking meter. I put in enough quarters to get about an hour of time on the meter, I didn't want to take chances.
    I went and took my books back to the library, and was surprised to find out that they were a couple days late. At this point I was too tired to argue and just gave up the $4.
    I left the library and went straight back to my car, remember when I said that I parked there to save some money? Turns out that in my excitment after finding a virgin parking space I had parked in a handycap spot, the stickers and signs were everywhere-how could I have missed them? Anyways, in Detroit this is a $100 ticket.
    I was pissed, even more pissed after I heard some people laughing at my misfortune from a nearby roof top. I swallowed my rage and got into the car, then I couldn't find my sun glasses...turns out I had sat on them and broke them. I almost had a heart attack.
    I got back on the road and ended up in a traffic jam, it took me about an hour to get home. When I finally got there I went in my room and went to bed, it was only five o'clock.
    Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    No way! what a coincidence. I recently had a 3/4 month throat and tonsils issue of my own that I had to get blood taken on, and I nearly passed out heading out of the doctors office... I felt like such a wuss
    Glad we finally got it figured out though, turns out I had Mono of all things. I had to get blood taken twice since they didn't check for mono the first time, and we had to go an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor where I got blood taken again. This lady was good though, she got it done in no time and I was so relieved to get out there .

-----SKETCHBOOK-----

---Old Sketchbook---

Thanks
    I think the worst bad day I had was when I was born...that was a cold, heartless afternoon

Thanks
    I remember driving and knocking two cyclists off their bike, they kicked my bike and I drove off...it was awesome too when the cops gave me a call later that night...I was shitting little green pellets.

Then, one of my firearm books was misdirected to the wrong house, it was a sniper manual from the United States Marine Corp, and criminal investigations came to my place of work and interrogated me for an hour.

Awesome!

- m

Thanks
    I remember when you hit those cyclists hehe.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had days so bad I could remember them.

Thanks
    A few years ago I went to a walk-in clinic to get a few quick shots for school (tetanus and flu), but the shots gave me two grand mal seizures and I ended up being taken away in an ambulence and spending the rest of the day in hospital. Yeah...that was a pretty sucky day but I've always been terrified of needles and now I have a legal reason to never have to be vaccinated ever again.

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Oaksford View Post
    I remember when you hit those cyclists hehe.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had days so bad I could remember them.

Thanks
    On my 18th birthday, I was stuck in bed, sick with a really bad flu. This was also the day that my rejection letter from Cal Arts came in the mail. It wasn't just a bad day, it served as a catalyst set off some of the worst, most confusing, meandering years of my life - seriously, it was as if I was a completely different person after that day.

EMO!

And oh yeah, with a thread title like this, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be campy:

Thanks
    Caskin - Thankfully my test included mono, but i wont know the results for another few days.

The main symptom is a bad throat and a malformed tonsil on one side. Really scary stuff, i hope they find out what it is.

JAG - you win :p

Thanks
    Same day I got my rejection letter for an art school in Paris i was driving my moms Honda s2000, I thought my life was over and then kachunk! I just drove her new aluminum rims straight in to the curb and scratched the shit out of them. total cost to get them repaired: 1500 dollars.

But the worst day/night was trying to get my ex-girlfriend back, man those events that took place that evening were so unbelievable.. talk about the worst morning-after of my life... I shudder just thinkin about it...
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast