Your earliest childhood memory

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Your earliest childhood memory

I thought it would be alright to start an earliest childhood memory thread for fun.
    Anyway, I'll start.

I was 3, and I was at some airport with my parental units. Outside, I saw people boarding a plane and then later watched it take off. So, I processed the idea in my child brain, and looked at my pops and said "daddy, those people are going to heaven."

Please, share~

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Ellingsworth Guest
    Well let's see, I always remember picking up potato chips off this blue tile floor near my washer and dryer. I also had a pink fluffy chair that I would sit on in there and just chill. Yeah, I know. Weird.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Funniest: in church, at an age less than 5. Looking at the front of the church, seeing a guy in a funny hat (must have ben the bishop) and thinking he was god. I then proceeded to pray REALLY hard to him to see if he'd notice and trip up in the middle of his speech...

Earliest; I was two (yes, 2). It was actually my second birthday party. My mom had made me a choo-choo train cake which was presented before me. I noticed something odd about that train, though; it had two chimney's, and they were both glowing very brightly at the top. Naturally I investigated with my pudgy fingers.... there were 2 pics taken of that (I'll upload them if I can find them) one before and one after the little investigation. Let's just say, in the 2nd pic I wasn't so happy...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jason Rainville; August 1st, 2007 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks
    When I was eating a hot dog right after moving when I was 3. Though I retained a warped image of our neighbours in Colorado (they were almost family).

Thanks
    My childhood was a very happy one and I hardly remember any events, just one careless feeling. I remember searching for interesting roots and rocks near our datcha, they were my dolls. Bought in a store doll (made in Germany, which means a very good one in my time)) lived alone far away from me in old fashioned kerosene lamp, in a secret place... I visited her from time to time... she was getting darker and uglier with every year... I liked her romantic life. My age was probably 5.

The entire childhood I was scared of the rug near my bed... there was a picture of scene from a Russian fairy tale: Fox and crane... but at night I saw faces and figures in there and they were animated... I was sick of this rug, but never told anyone.

I remember parties in our house, delightful busy preparation in the morning, fresh cleaned rooms, new different smells, mom bringing long hidden delicatessen... don't ask what it was, you are gonna laugh... Dad selecting LP of popular musics, arrival of guests, sounds, voices, laughs, happy calm feeling. I liked appetizers, starters more of all, not even desert.

I remember running with my brother ... who will first reach raspberry bushes and eat the new berries...

The oldest memory probably is sitting with my brother on the floor in our room, alone in our house, late in the evening and playing with tin soldiers,,, killing enemy's army with heavy metal ball. That's probably 4 year's old or less.

Last edited by sve; July 31st, 2007 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    That question is weird, my sister is trying to adopt a child and she got asked this question in a psychological session. When she told me that I started thinking about it till I found out, that was 2 days ago.

So for the memories. I remember riding to Florida with dad and mom, I was 3-4 no one remember well what year it was. It was a 3 day's ride from Montreal. Obviously I don't remember anything from the road trip. When We arrived at the beach I was in my father's arm, he was walking to the beach so I couldnt see the beach, arrived on spot, he drop's me, this was my very 1st time looking at the ocean, It scared the shit of me and I ran to the car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sve View Post
    don't ask what it was, you are gonna laugh...
    I feel like laughing, please share

Thanks
    Marinated tomatoes and cucumbers from Bulgaria and smoked sausages , kielbasa.

Thanks
    I remember kicking the refrigerator asking my mom when I was going to be 4. I was obviously upset about being young...

That's my earliest. Not very clear, but earliest.

Thanks
    @sve: that was not-so-hilarious. Actually sound very good to eat....
    @Joshua Fountain: HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks
    heh, of course it is good to eat... still favorite Russian food... but it was hard to buy in my earlier years... people were hunting for new interesting food... Those tomatoes were bought and waited for their hour for months you know . Soap was a deficit, nowhere to find in stores, and buttons, and shampoo, meat, chocolate, candy, coffee, tea, cloth, shoes, music notes, books, cars, devices, fabrics, fruit, vegetables... ahah, we were building communism .

Thanks
    I think I was 4 or 5 and I was hanging with my mom and her current boyfriend (ended up being my sister's dad) and there was a bottle of Budweiser on the table. I took a drink of it and felt like Superman. There was a TV near by and the rest is a tragic history.

Thanks
    I really cannot pin my age unfortunately, because my childhood memories get mixed up and jumbled. But one I do remember, for obvious reasons, it was in the first house I can remember we had a floor heater that I would lay on in the morning before mom and dad woke up. It was always freezing in that house. So I'd drag my blanky and my pillow to the heater and lay down on it. Well one day I didn't take my blanky or pillow off and went to go play with my barbie dolls. I do recall I was playing with the palomino horse that some Western Barbie came with, and suddenly I noticed the air was hazy. It was about that time I heard my parent's shouting there was a fire.

So yeah, my earliest memory was me almost burning our house down. :<

Thanks
    You take the cake, heh. nice little story.

Thanks
    No joke, I remember being laid down in a crib at my grandmother's house and seeing these HUGE HUGE roses on the wallpaper.

When I was MUCH older I related this story to my mother whose jaw dropped completely and told me the room I was put down to take a nap in when I was about 18 months old had roses on the wallpaper... haha!

“It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Wowzer! 1 year and half... I heard reminiscences at 2 years old once from one man... omg, omg, omg omg, I believe you though... pld: How is your memory today?

Thanks
    Playing Super Mario Brothers with my dad the day after christmas. 2 years old. No joke.

Oh an a more interesting one. When i was 4. I was at some camp no clue where. Family friends and my dad. A pit bull was playing with some other dogs, and i decided it was a horse. After trying to get on it.... The dog growled and ran after me (thats what my dad said apparently i wasnt paying attention, and the owner jumped from his chair and slugged the dog with a burnt log. Yeah that one is set in my mind pretty well considering memories. Scared the shit out of me.

Last edited by Costau D; August 1st, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

Thanks
    My earliest memories are diaper-related, oddly enough. I can still remember how uncomfortable is was to need a diaper change, and I'm nearly twenty. My earliest memory is just be being in the living room, very young, and suddenly 'doing my business' in my diaper, and then crying, because it was so damn uncomfortable. I also have a memories of me getting a bath in the kitchen sink, and memories of me being shorter than the counter in the bathroom, and memories of running and playing and eating dirt (yes, eating dirt ) in the yard. The diaper one seems the earliest, though.

Thanks
    I was 3 or 4, and some kid was telling me in the kindergarten playground that the white patch over his eye was the reason you don't run with scissors. Important life lessons the hard way.

Erilaz

Books of love:
    RebeccaK bumskee dirty_c Iconophobian Steph Laberis

Thanks
    I remember being in my walker, likely younger than 2. My Mom was talking to some neighbors and had a plastic baggie of Cheerios with her. I remember tugging the leg of her khaki pants and trying to form the words "Can I have Cheerios?" and her sprinkling a handful onto the tray of the walker, then seeing my fat hand scoop them up and eat them as she went back to talking with our neighbor.

I'm one of those weirdos who has many vivid memories of her childhood.

Thanks
    I can't remember what I was doing when I was even 6

At 7 I remember going to umstilvein(pronounced, im not sure of the spelling), a theme park in amsterdam, one of the rides I remember clearly was like a rollercoaster, cept underground, we thought would be ok because there were old people getting on and.. well, old people are reluctant with that sortof stuff right?.. man were we REALLY wrong.

At the end of the ride my gut was left behind at the start and all the elderely passengers were walking off laughing and enjoying themselves.

Thanks
    my earliest memory is when my dad just got a new old truck and we were going somewhere and it didnt have seatbelts and the door latch looked exactly like the thing to roll down the windows and i fell out of the damn truck while driving. we were not going to fast but for a little kid its scary as hell and you dont forget that unless you repress it

not sure how to add my sketchbook as a link but heres wher eits at yo
    Foodogs sketchblog

Thanks
    My early memories are mostly just images. I remember laying in my crib, I remember being in the bath when my mom was pregnant with my little sister (I would've been 2 then), I remember laying on a blanket in the living room with a lot of family members around me (a party of some sort, I think), I remember waking up one morning and seeing my dad had shaved his mustache.

Eric

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    My first ememory would be the time when I took my toy car and rode it down the stairs. That ride ended with me bumping into the kitchen door. I don't think I was hurt by the ride though. My dad opened the kitchen door from the other side to see what the hell happend. I looked at him and said "I wanna do it again!"

Thanks
    I have a memory of before I could walk or talk. My parents were in a corner of the living room with my grandparents. I could hear them 'talking', but I couldn't understand anything, it just sounded like murmuring. I was in the opposite end of the living room, playing with those jumbo sized lego blocks - by 'playing with' I mean 'biting' of course. I was near the open door of the master bedroom, which was pitch black, and as I stared into it I became terrified and began to cry. I crawled around the corner into the hall, then into the kitchen and under the kitchen table, where I tried to pet our cat. My mom came in and ducked under the table to see if I was alright. The end.

I remember having my diaper changed. I remember hating the safety pin, becuse once my mom took her finger out from behind it, it was ice cold.

I also remember sitting in the sun on our porch, in my diaper, munching on a plastic polar bear. I guess I had teeth. I remember looking down at the bear and realizing that I had wrecked it by chewing on it, and began to cry. I still have that bear as a memento of this occasion. Such tiny bite marks.

I was three when my brother was born. Dad put me in the baby seat on the back of the family bike, and told me to hold on to the Cowichan sweater he was bringing to the hopital as a gift for my mom. We rode to the hospital, which was a reasonably long ways away. We lived in Crescent Beach (B.C, Canada) and the hospital was on the other side of White Rock. I remember Dad holding me up to the window of the nursery so I could see Reuben in his bassinet.

I'm glad I remember these things. If I didn't, I'd feel like I've stolen my body away from whoever was in it before. I mean somebody was home, right? But if it I can't remember it, was it me?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    (first post updated with pics)

Yverloc hehe grerat stories. My sister was a biter too, she nearly took the head off of a halloween witch CANDLE for pete's sake.... kids and their biting, I swear

Thanks
    When I was 4 I slept on the bottom bunk and the closet door was cracked open. A little man and a little woman, about 2 or 3 inches tall were sneaking out. Once they realized I was watching them they ran under the bed and hid in my shoe (that was laying on it's side). I was too scare to get the shoe or even look back under the bed a second time.

Thanks
    One of the first memories I vividly remember was being terrified of the basement. (around 3 or 4) I remember standing on the top steps, curious to see what was down there until I heard a sound and ran away screaming. I remember it took me forever to get the courage to go down there and never by my self. The only other memory that I can remember around that time would be my parents huge water bed that I would just roll in for hours.

Sketchbook

Pale Blue Dot

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Thanks
    Hmm much of my childhood is a dark blur to me, much of it has disappeared somewhere back in the recesses of my mind...now and then someone will say something or mention an event from the past and It'll trigger something that brings a memory back to me suddenly. I like it when that happens.

I think the first thing I remember is a spiral shaped brick formation that was situated outside our block of flats in Battersea, London. It was in a small play area for kids and was intended for children to walk up and reach the top which was smaller than it's base. It spiraled up to a point.

Cx

Thanks
    drawing a big hairy green monster (bear?) in my father's New-Caledonia photo album and then getting hit for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.