Domination
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Domination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Domination

"I am Domination! I am your blood red ruler, your crimson king!"

This is my creation Domination. This is what I imagined would look like if a symbiote ever go a hold of Deadpool. xD

I'll be coloring this later, but any input you guys can give me on anatomy and such will be greatly appreciated

Domination (c) Me

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aylap; August 1st, 2007 at 03:54 AM.
    Ayla...being mispronounced since 1990

Please. Help a charity case. Crit hard on my sketchbook.

My Deviantart
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to admit that my first reaction is thinking he looks a lot like venom. That may just be the natural look of a spider super hero/villain, but the face certainly seems similar. Maybe colour would help differentiate the two. What are the things going over the bands on his costume? Are they veins or tendons? If they are, why are they going over? Are they web?(this again would probably be helped by colour)

His thigh looks too thick, even for a muscle guy - try thinning it down a little. The foreshortening on the finger on the hand to our left is off - try to hold your hand like that for reference next time, but that is tricky. The elbow on the right is also a little odd - it would make it look more natural if you let his forearm go back in the same direction (or forward if he's readying a punch) just not hanging straight down. Also, I can't imagine when the division between muscles would be as much as the division between upper and lower arms, even though here you have something that looks like that near the elbow to our right. I'd recommend down sizing that hand a little because it's a little too large, and it'll emphasize the foreshortening on the one on the left. You did quite a good job with foreshortening in general, though it seems like the back leg just kind of vanishes. The tongue looks flat, so maybe try adding some line weight, especially to the part in his mouth to give it more of a rounded feel. I think you did the teeth and the rest of the face quite well, though an indication of a nose might help you out.

Overall very good job on such a complex pose - I just recommend looking at foreshortening a little and probably some images of body builders.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by aylap View Post
    Black Widow (c) Me
    Uhh... Are you trying to copyright that name? The pics decent and all, but are you aware that marvel has a "black widow"?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Marvel_Comics)
    Just to point that out to you. Otherwise, if your going for originality in how it looks, it just kinda looks like venom. All symbiotes don't have to look the same, but can have similar attributes. I.E. black all over, with pieces of armor jutting out, no mouth (in the case of deadpool) but even more evil looking eyes, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For some reason I feel that this was . If not, it seems refrenced, which in itself isn't bad, just give credit to the original artist. Note: Im not trying to start a flame war, just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Celarania: Thanks, I've been trying to up my foreshortening skills. Yeah, a lot of things will be differintiated by color, once I can get good at shading in Photoshop. And I did get a lot of my influence for the design from Venom, but I also did get designs from other symbiotes to get a good look down. I layed all the flats I want in different layers, but I'm trying to do good on the shading for once lol. Oh, the things going over the wrist bands and stuff is the actual symbiote. Anyway, thanks for the critque!

ChaoticKnight: Yes, I finally found that out after I had named him, but I really didn't want to change the name because I actually got his name from a song, "The Black Widow" by Alice Cooper. I happened to be thinking of a new character I wanted to create, and that song popped on and I instantly knew what I wanted to do (dunno exactly how that happened, but whatever lol), though I might rename him later. Yes, I know it looks like Venom, but he was my main influence. I looked at other symbiotes too, trying to get a feel for what they were like, and added in my own influence to try and differentiate him, but let it be known that he was definitely a symbiote creature, by giving him some different characteristics along with very similar ones. Thanks for the critique.

Goog: I'm sorry, but saying you think I traced this is kind of a slap in the face to me >.> I know you're not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't think I have traced anything since I was three years old xD. I've really worked hard to get where I am (and still working of course), but I'm completely self-taught, and really love what I do. And I did get some references, but I think the only thing I used a reference for was the muscles on the more forward leg and the face, and I don't even know who they were drawn by (they were on Google Images, so I don't know who really did them).

EDIT: I changed his name to Domination, by the way :3

Last edited by aylap; August 1st, 2007 at 03:53 AM.
    Ayla...being mispronounced since 1990

Please. Help a charity case. Crit hard on my sketchbook.

My Deviantart

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.