Thanks

chase's new art thread

My new thread since someone closed the other one im sorry if i offended you or something but i dont like it when people make fun of my pics anyways going to post some of my older ones since my newer ones were posted in the previous therad.
    chase's new art thread
    chase's new art thread
    chase's new art thread
    mods plz dont close this thread!!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    whatever digital tool your using is pretty bad. There is no anti-aliasing. Youd be soooo much better off using pencil and paper.

aside from that, you are trying to make characters by outlining complex sillouettes. This is realy the worse way to approach something in drawing. You need to break the object down into simple shapes. In sonic's case, there are a lot of round cercular shapes that make up most of the object. Then when the 'structure' of all those round shapes are in place, the artist can ink the outline based on it.

you should go google blue pencil drawings for cartoons and comics. They show how you sketch the structure of the character using simplistic shapes, and how the inked outlines come later.

You should go start a thread in the sketchbook section as well, because I dont think there is much constructive critisism your going to get beyond that in this forum.

good luck!

Thanks
    If your interested in improving, then welcome back. If not..
    The mods closed your thread because you were rude, indignant, completely egotistical and unwilling to listen to anything that anyone had to say.
    You will NOT become a "celebrity" here like on deviantart, I'm not even sure how that happened, so again, if what your looking for is praise for your artwork you will not get it here, it is not up to standard for this site.

If you want to learn and get better, then I encourage you to delve deeper into the site and try and get as much criticism and advice as possible. I would decide that now, before you get banned.

Thanks
    wow, im sorry i missed that little adventure last time...

Agreed. Your ego's gotta go man. If you cant take critique, advice, and suggestion there is no point in posting here. Its the critique center for a reason, not the blind praise section. 99% of deviant art artists are unpaid 'hobby' artists. I'd say 75%-80% of the artists here are working professionals.

If your willing to learn here, you'll need to take critisism better. Because when you wave a "100K pageviews" in our face, the majority of us can wave a large salary and large portfolio of published work back in yours.

Thanks
    i like it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arne S. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chasethehedgehog View Post
    mods plz dont close this thread!!!
    Then please don't give them reason to. The people in here really know art, and you should listen to the things they have to say about improvement. If you tell them that they're losers and just want to make fun of you, well... you're asking for it

Thanks
    Listen schmuck.

I am a 15-year-old girl. I'm a hobbyist/freelancer. I came to this site expecting to be torn apart. Instead, I got a lot of praise, helpful information, and, where I needed, sound critique.

I came expecting nothing and instead I got probably a lower critique-to-praise ratio than a lot of the pros on this site. But the critique I did get, that I did need was good, helpful, and it helped me learn. And I thanked people for it.

I'm not some anime-drawing DevArt celebrity, and I haven't diagnosed myself with Asperger syndrome to explain why nobody likes me, but I didn't come here with my nose forty miles in the sky expecting everyone to praise me for being a genius. I haven't even mentioned my age until now.

You don't have to make soulless commercial crap - CA isn't about that. Draw something that you like to draw, but get better as you draw. Whining will not get you less critique, your own improvement will.

Also, although it's not required on DevArt, for God's sake learn to type.

Sorry if that sounded nasty, it's just you need to develop your own freaking style, on your own terms, but with no technical knowledge that will never, ever happen.
    Boom.

:

:Whenever you touch me I go as limp as a noodle!

: Yes, I know the feeling.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dumb_n00b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by codenothing View Post
    wow, im sorry i missed that little adventure last time...

Agreed. Your ego's gotta go man. If you cant take critique, advice, and suggestion there is no point in posting here. Its the critique center for a reason, not the blind praise section. 99&#37; of deviant art artists are unpaid 'hobby' artists. I'd say 75%-80% of the artists here are working professionals.

If your willing to learn here, you'll need to take critisism better. Because when you wave a "100K pageviews" in our face, the majority of us can wave a large salary and large portfolio of published work back in yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKnight View Post
    If your interested in improving, then welcome back. If not..
    The mods closed your thread because you were rude, indignant, completely egotistical and unwilling to listen to anything that anyone had to say.
    You will NOT become a "celebrity" here like on deviantart, I'm not even sure how that happened, so again, if what your looking for is praise for your artwork you will not get it here, it is not up to standard for this site.

If you want to learn and get better, then I encourage you to delve deeper into the site and try and get as much criticism and advice as possible. I would decide that now, before you get banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by dumb_n00b View Post
    Listen schmuck.

I am a 15-year-old girl. I'm a hobbyist/freelancer. I came to this site expecting to be torn apart. Instead, I got a lot of praise, helpful information, and, where I needed, sound critique.

I came expecting nothing and instead I got probably a lower critique-to-praise ratio than a lot of the pros on this site. But the critique I did get, that I did need was good, helpful, and it helped me learn. And I thanked people for it.

I'm not some anime-drawing DevArt celebrity, and I haven't diagnosed myself with Asperger syndrome to explain why nobody likes me, but I didn't come here with my nose forty miles in the sky expecting everyone to praise me for being a genius. I haven't even mentioned my age until now.

You don't have to make soulless commercial crap - CA isn't about that. Draw something that you like to draw, but get better as you draw. Whining will not get you less critique, your own improvement will.

Also, although it's not required on DevArt, for God's sake learn to type.

Sorry if that sounded nasty, it's just you need to develop your own freaking style, on your own terms, but with no technical knowledge that will never, ever happen.
    you guys are just like the spammers anytime i post pics you guys thro a hissyfit and just try to put me down ur all saying that i have a big ego, but i just have confidence inmyself, im not cocky, but howelse would i got that many pageviews!!! maybe 5% of those views were the spammers!!! and just because you get paid to draw doesnt mean ur a better artist it just means your luckier i shouldn't have even poste this 2cd thread becuz i should have known u guys were just gonna call me names again! im done on this websgite even devintart is better than this

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Chase, I'm closing this thread, and your threads will continue to be closed until either (a) you stop posting or (b) you are banned. You have nothing to offer us, and are evidently uninterested in what we might have to offer you.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron