Some various works, any feedback?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Some various works, any feedback?

Diagrax is offline Is deadly with chopsticks Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some various works, any feedback?

To be blunt, I'm unsatisfied with my work, and need some extra eyes and helpfulness to improve upon myself. It seems that no matter how much I practice, I seem to lack some... OOMPH.

But as these aren't completed works, I don't feel like I can toss them into critique center just yet and would like advice along the way to completion, please.

I'm 18, I've been doing art all my life, and I practice at least a minimum of five hours a day. I've been mostly self taught, and it's just aggravating. This place is like a haven, and any tips and constructiveness will be a great, great help.

/edit/ Decided to use just these two since they're the most frustrating. /edit/

A concept request I'm working on for an RPG for a friend, and halfway done, but not sure what to do around the face area and how to texture the clothes after I finish shading them.

A concept I did for a game company, still twiddling with it at my own leisure since I didn't finish the background, hightlighting, etc.

Really, and comments on what I need to do with my painting technique, opactiy, sketching, will be reaaally appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Diagrax; July 30th, 2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Embarassing gramattical error. :3
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *headdesks*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the oomph in the woman's picture will come from some dark shadows. Right now everything is too light

The doggie thing at the bottom would definately benefit from some kind of background. A gray animal on a gray background lacks that touch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm, you're right, there's not enough contrast in the pictures. There's also something about the eyes that throw me off that I can't pinpoint. And a darker more contrasting background would probably help too, thanks.

Anything else any of you can point out?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.