Artist's Statement
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Artist's Statement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Artist's Statement

Last edited by leoni; August 1st, 2007 at 04:51 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While its great that you realise secrets about yourself, and seemingly can communicate such things, its best you do the communicating with some of your work rather than words, the sketchbook forum is a place where you can start your thread that acts much like your visual diary or 'gallery'.

Your art will do the most talking, rather than a philosophical paragraph about surrealism and a broken online art gallery.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Surrealism is an art genre, it has nothing to do with how you live. No more than realism, cubism or abstractionism does.

There's nothing wrong with Abstract or Pop art. Certain genres of art are not better than other genres.

I truely doubt anyone cares that you think your work is an example of "true" surrealism, you sound mighty impressed with yourself, it does not follow that the world shares your opinion.

Also if you're going to be making claims like that? Have the work to back them up. Nobody is impressed by self righteous proclaimations of how you're a "true" surrealist, we're only impressed when you put your money where your mouth is and pony up impressive artwork.

Also I read your earlier post, I don't know what you're trying to pull but either post art, get involved in the community or just don't bother with the pseudo intellectual ego trip since it won't win you fans here.

Edit: I went and looked up "Leoni Bellagio" online, all I found was a lot of articles and postings by Leoni talking about his artwork and how great he thinks it is, no examples of his artwork, no blurbs from unbiased sources. I think this post is just spam.

Last edited by subversive-imaginati; July 30th, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I second subversive-imaginati

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I believe in you Leoni...I believe in you. I love you.

- m

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Then what you are thinking for?
    Best mangled English ever.
    Plus, if you're going to go through the trouble of spamming your on-line store, at least have the damned thing set up before you do.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    Best mangled English ever.
    Plus, if you're going to go through the trouble of spamming your on-line store, at least have the damned thing set up before you do.
    Why? I will check back every day until it opens, it is akin to opening a present, you never quite know when it will open...it keeps the suspense. Like when you know you're going to make love, just not when...and then...blue balls.

- m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Was.... was that sarcasm?
    WHY MUST YOU MAKE THIS INTO A HOUSE OF LIES?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancholie View Post
    Was.... was that sarcasm?
    WHY MUST YOU MAKE THIS INTO A HOUSE OF LIES?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I found this guys work. I went through hundreds of self promotional blurb before finally finding:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/559784853dGRRYo

Which purports to be three of Leoni Bellagio's pieces.

If this is your work Leoni then based on it; I would have to say that your accessment of your skills is decidedly over optimistic. The work in the link is decidedly average in some respects and sub-par in others. The dream like evocation that normally accompanies surrealism is missing, the rendering is decidedly lacking, the images are cluttered and overall read more like someone discovered that amazingly they can stick random bits together.

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I, great heir to Dali's Surreal Greatness, once dreamed of free 3D wireframe models arranged on a flat black ground plane with a glowing horizon that comes in the "extras" folder!

And behold... Now, as if by Fate Decreed... the peons of silicon valley have finally stumbled upon just the computer program I require to see my vision through to reality! Let the world tremble before my artistic might!

Last edited by kev ferrara; July 31st, 2007 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This Anti-climax made baby Jesus cry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    I, great heir to Dali's Surreal Greatness, once dreamed of free 3D wireframe models arranged on a flat black ground plane with a glowing horizon that comes in the "extras" folder!

And behold... Now, as if by Fate Decreed... the peons of silicon valley have finally stumbled upon just the computer program I require to see my vision through to reality! Let the world tremble before my artistic might!

Ooh, ooh, did your dream contain teapots, too? We could build a religion on this!

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by subversive-imaginati View Post
    I think I found this guys work. I went through hundreds of self promotional blurb before finally finding:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/559784853dGRRYo
    That's the work of an artist who can't make up his mind.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guys just don't understand! Raytracing isn't a rendering algorithm, raytracing is a way of life! To understand, appreciate and benefit from raytracing, one must embrace its spheres reflecting other spheres, practice its glass refracting spheres (reflecting other spheres), and place it all on the reflective groundplane that is one's life. He's a channel between 1997 and reality!

Eric

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Iíd like to say that this website has disgusting dark art and people that comment here are the same as their art.
    I am a fan of Leoniís art and know people who collect it, too. His art is wonderful Ė complete opposite of the darkness here. I have been to gallery shows and have met many other people who like his art.
    It doesnít look like you people have even seen his art and youíre saying such distasteful things. I never liked gothic black bloody art. Itís sick. Donít bother replying cause Iím not coming back to this bloody thread.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well then...

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sandy25 ....

Wellllllll, so strange that this is your only post on this website. Guess you signed up just to post in favor of Mr. Leoni. Nice of you. Very nice of you.

Strange that you somehow found out about this thread. Being that you are a disinterested observer who just so happens to like Mr. Leoni's art. Strange that you found out just at this very moment about this here lil' discussion.

Maybe it was ESP that brought you here to respond? Something woke you from a dream... "must post on Concept Art". Maybe it was just destiny that you just happened to google Mr. Leoni's name just now, sending you into this foul den of art miscreants.

Maybe it was luck! Or fate! Or Karma!

Or maybe, just maybe, you're into a little of the dark arts yourself!

Either way, sounds like Dali's your Llama too. And babe, that's surreal.

kev

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Oh look, it's a sock puppet. Can I keep it as a pet? I promise I'll look after it and keep it from making messes in the forums. Please moderators? It's just so cute and angry. Look at it's widdle temper tantrum? Who couldn't love that?

Oh Mr Leoni, whatever would we do without you to tell us about how wonderful your raytraced art is and about how dark and disgusting our art is?

Do yourself a favour, stop pretending to be other people and legitimately promote/improve your art. The web keeps records of spectacularly ill considered behaviour like this. Somehow I doubt that your less than exemplary behaviour here is going to enhance your non-existent reputation even with all the pats on the back you wrote for yourself on every single website you could manage.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy25 View Post
    Iíd like to say that this website has disgusting dark art and people that comment here are the same as their art.
    I am a fan of Leoniís art and know people who collect it, too. His art is wonderful Ė complete opposite of the darkness here. I have been to gallery shows and have met many other people who like his art.
    It doesnít look like you people have even seen his art and youíre saying such distasteful things. I never liked gothic black bloody art. Itís sick. Donít bother replying cause Iím not coming back to this bloody thread.
    ...are you saying that we're darksided?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    ...are you saying that we're darksided?
    No, no, he means Dork-sided and he's the god warrior!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy25 View Post
    CRAWLING IN MY SKIN.... *cut*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.