Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my pics

Thanks

my pics

Hey guys, im new here so i thought i'd post some of my pics. Some are from deviantart, but that place is dangerious lol =^_^= the first 2 are pretty new but the last one is pretty old i think you can tell the difference but there all kawaii anyway so it doesnt matter =^_^=
    my pics
    Shot at 2007-07-29
    my pics
    Shot at 2007-07-29
    my pics
    Shot at 2007-07-29
    also if you are from deviantart and want to spam get a life i have enough of you already.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to chasethehedgehog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Uhm. Well, let's see if I cant say this with a little tact. I understand that you're new here. So first what I want you to do is to look at other peoples' work in the Finally Finished forum. Once you do it will be altogether obvious that this needs to be posted in the In Progress or Sketches section. Finally Finished is reserved for really polished work on a slightly more professional level. Someone will move this for you to the appropriate place I imagine.

Ellingsworth Guest
    Sonic smokes crack?

If this wasn't meant as a joke then I will suggest staying away from digital and start doing work in traditional pencil, also pick up some anatomy books and look on the forums for the Loomis drawing books.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellingsworth View Post
    Sonic smokes crack?
    thats shadow not sonic

Ellingsworth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chasethehedgehog View Post
    thats shadow not sonic
    lol, welcome to Concept art, wasn't sure if this was a joke or not, usually people do this to get a laugh out of people, just stick around and read up on some anatomy books, draw from life, maybe even start a sketchbook, eventually you will improve.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    I assure you, this place is absolutely nothing like deviantart. But I don't think you're going to find whatever you're looking for here, either.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi, there. I might start with rounding your shapes through shading. Try looking at a baseball and drawing the values on it. Notice how the closer the round shape gets to you, the lighter the value becomes. Plus, study the Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow game covers. If you don't have them, you can google them.

*cough*troll*cough*

Sorry, I haven't been feeling my best recently.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Disciple View Post
    Hi, there. I might start with rounding your shapes through shading. Try looking at a baseball and drawing the values on it. Notice how the closer the round shape gets to you, the lighter the value becomes. Plus, study the Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow game covers. If you don't have them, you can google them.

*cough*troll*cough*

Sorry, I haven't been feeling my best recently.
    thanks for the advice blue disiple, but IM NOT A TROLL!!! I have over 100,000 pageviews on deviantart im one of the top artists!!

Thanks
    thanks for the advice blue disiple, but IM NOT A TROLL!!! I have over 100,000 pageviews on deviantart im one of the top artists!!
    There's a difference between page views and being a top artist. Sometimes the best artists will be pretty unknown when they start, especially if they don't do fanart.
    The best advice I can give is start working on modeling - drawing shapes to make up the face and body and working from there. That'll help you get your proportions right and then you'll be better able to place features and details. Also I'd recommend using a pencil and paper first - they're much easier to work with than a computer, particularly if you're using a mouse.
    You can find tutorials on this online, or in any art book - I suggest The Art of Animal Drawing.

Thanks
    You said originally that DeviantArt is dangerous, which it sure is, because people don't often get better at Da.com. Its just a place where you put work up, and whether its good or not people praise it and call it awesome, blah blah blah.
    (100,000 page views counts your own views on your own page, btw.)

If you want a real critique I'll be happy to give you one.
    I understand that you're probably using ms paint, judging by the first pic, so it's difficult to say "add more value" when the program your using isn't made for that.
    That being said, pencil or traditional mediums are much better for conveying art than a free program built into every PC in America. Try some colored pencil or watercolor pics, or even just graphite. Also, FYI, the best sonic artists out there (the professionals doing the comics and tv series, etc) have a big time working knowledge of anatomy and fine art skills before they even started drawing the sonic characters. Sonic and his friends are anthropomorphic, meaning that even though they're based on animals, theyre also based on human anatomy and characteristics. If your serious about creating art then start a sketchbook here and start drawing from life and anatomical studies.
    If your looking for praise and a pat on the back for the work you've shown here, youre in the wrong place.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    If that isn't the saddest, funniest thing I've heard I don't know what is. Also further 'proof' of a joke, but keeping my ear open in deviantart I think I've heard of you.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,192 Times in 1,728 Posts
    If I may ask, chasethehedgehog... How old are you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    If that isn't the saddest, funniest thing I've heard I don't know what is. Also further 'proof' of a joke, but keeping my ear open in deviantart I think I've heard of you.

http://chasethehedgehog.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    I looooove Deviant art. Without it, I would never read awesomely awesome quotes such as this. Keep rocking chase!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKnight View Post
    Booyah.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarania View Post
    There's a difference between page views and being a top artist. Sometimes the best artists will be pretty unknown when they start, especially if they don't do fanart.
    i know that but I HAVE so many pageviews cuz im a good artist

Thanks
    I love that the gun is labelled.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The best advice I can give you right now is to kill your ego. That was one of the first things I read coming here and it's true - ego and attachment will be the biggest hurdles to improvement. Keep in mind that concept ar is different than deviantart.

Thanks
    No, you have many pageviews because.... well have you ever seen people slow down to look at a car wreck on the highway? Sorry bud. Listen to the advice you're given here and that can change though.

Thanks
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humility

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    No, you have many pageviews because.... well have you ever seen people slow down to look at a car wreck on the highway? Sorry bud. Listen to the advice you're given here and that can change though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKnight View Post
    i know that im not the best on deviantart but im definetly up there!!! and dont be loser who has nothing better to do but to shout names at other artists!!!

I never said i was the best but im a good artist!!!

Ellingsworth Guest
    My God, this wasn't a joke...holy crap.

Thanks
    I never said i was the best but im a good artist!!!
    What do you base that on? What do you see when you look at your art? I see squiggly lines, lack of form and no sense of anatomy, composition etc.

See what I just did there? I backed up my claim with well reasoned points, instead of calling names or using exclamation points. Tell me WHY you think you're a good artist, WHY you don't see sloppy children's work.

and please tell us, PLEASE how old are you? This is very important. I could be yelling at a 9-year-old and not know it...

Thanks
    i am not 9 year old!!! im 16 for your information!!

Thanks
    i am not 9 year old!!! im 16 for your information!!
    Now we're getting somewhere. Now all you have to do is answer my other questions...

Ellingsworth Guest
    Agreed.

Really though, if you drop the damn "DeviantArt ego" admit that you know nothing and start over fresh you might actually be able to produce some better work, like the advice in the thread earlier, put down the damn MS Paint and pick up a pencil, study from life, photos, anything. Just no more digital.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellingsworth View Post
    Agreed.

Really though, if you drop the damn "DeviantArt ego" admit that you know nothing and start over fresh you might actually be able to produce some better work, like the advice in the thread earlier, put down the damn MS Paint and pick up a pencil, study from life, photos, anything. Just no more digital.
    wow you must be a real loser irl if you nothing better to do than yell names at other artists. get a life

PWNED =^_^=

Thanks
    wow you must be a real loser irl if you nothing better to do than yell names at other artists. get a life

PWNED =^_^=

....PWNED?

People With Nervous Eating Disorders?

Thanks

PWNED =^_^=
    Wow and you have nothing better to do than try and put down people who are giving you good advice on a forum that can be the greatest of help to you if you only put your tremendous ego and ignorance aside and accept the help that is available to you. But maybe you just want to keep yourself, and everyone around you, miserable. in which case the mods won't let you stay here long.

Ellingsworth Guest

PWNED =^_^=
    I apologize for trying to help, you didn't deserve it. *Sigh*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast