Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Sloppy's Korean Sketch progress

Hi, this is my first post to this forum. I used to draw for a living, but after I quit being an inbetweener/cleanup artist at Disneytoons in Sydney to do my Master Degree in Animation. I didn't get the work I liked during and after that time so I decided that a year off somewhere far with speedy internet connection doing a non artsy job teaching english would be nice.

Not being that good of an artist and freelancing does bring out the annoying and tight with cash customers. Not everyone, some are nice and kept.

So you don't get better without practiceing. I still don't have a scanner so I took pretty photos of my sketchbook. I figured this would be a good place to keep an on-line progress thing, and the quality of work on these boards? OMG. If some of it rubs off I would be stoked.

So here's the sketchbook and also some random Korean stuff as I'm using the sketchbook to learn that too. Any crits and comments would be helpful. I want to be employable in around a year.
    Last edited by sloppybunny; July 30th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    did some sketching today. The stuff that hasn't been photographed are Alias sketchbook drawings. I want to try and post here everyday or so. We'll see how that is possible

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    앗, 한국분이시다..

lovely sketches, solid, and definitely shows your animation background. CA is awsome place to learn.. hope you post often and also you can click "edit" and change the spelling. cheers, min
    Last edited by bumskee; July 30th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks
    great sketches man - solid shapes and nice and loose. just keep on pumping it out. love the street sketches you did.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies guys Here are todays sketches. Some color, some pen and some pencil. Sorry about the quality. I'm waiting for a paycheck to come so I can buy a scanner. I'm learning though. Pen shows a lot better on photo then pencil for example Who knew?

Thanks
    Busy day with the kids today. This is all I could do . Anyways I'll dedicate myself for another month of just sketching as much as possible. Then I'll start doing some more finished and polished stuff.
    my sketches, and rants.

naomiandpoggie.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    smurf! is nice, it needs to be coloured that would look sweet.
    did you find a nice life drawing place?
    but u would have heaps to sketch right? i mean korea is like 24/7... unlike sydney where things just die at night.

Thanks
    When I get a scanner I might color it Still haven't found a place to do it, but I found a couple of guys that are keen to start a sketchclub at Pusanweb. You're not kidding about the 24 hour thing. Public Transport is dead, but the Taxi here is insanely cheap. If you think Sydney is dead now, Back when I started to party in 1998 I think there were only 2 7-11s in the city for 24hour hijinks and maybe some clubs would have latenights in the cross and Oxford Street. It's actually a lot better now

The alcohol here is very cheap

For now my best bet for lifedrawing is to hide in the bushes and draw some unsuspecting models at the busstop
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    Here we have todays sketches. It's been a lousy day for sketches. Here's a work in progress. I'm so not a painter, and some thumb doodles to what will be a story board, and then it'll be an animatic intro to an old abandoned former uni project that involves a dancing bear.
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    Busy day today at work with the kids, and being friday I'm going out on the piss. I want to hold onto the daily thing so I put these together quickly. I also bought this weird PDA stylus sized pencil today, and I quickly doodled an F1 grid girl with it. I know, I need a scanner
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    Todays sketches.
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    Here are todays sketches. I met a girl who's a design student and she promised to take me to a lifedrawing session soon.
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    I had dentist and work issues, so I got a day behind I used some references from the photo thread
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply lirce. Very few sketches from life here actually. Some from photos I've taken like the Seoul city drawinngs. The Asian man at the begining is from life though. I was bored at orientation, and I find all people very interesting to look at so I drew a caricature of him, while he was talking. Also some of the city sapes to my cartoon characters are the buildings visible from my balcony. The lady you like is from a panasonic camera ad. If I see a photo in a magazine I buy it and draw the picture

Anyway here are todays sketches
    my sketches, and rants.

Thanks
    Bought a new sketchbook during a break, and sat down at a cafe (Dunkin Donuts, Koreans don't drink much coffe) to draw in it. Also chrissened it by putting in the Korean Alphabet. I have about a third of it memorised I found out I also drew some lady faces. I'm excited because I'm going out drawing this weekend with an artstudent, and she'll place me in a Korean lifedrawing sketchclub by the end of August. Woo Hoo. I'm usually scared drawing strangers
    my sketches, and rants.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast