Intuos vs. Graphire feedback

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intuos vs. Graphire feedback

Hello. So I'm finally getting off my ass and switching from forum lurker to poster. Yay me.

So the way things are, I've owned an Intuos for several years now, and I've been completely happy with it. The problem is that I'm starting college in the fall, cross-country, and I'm looking to purchase a smaller-sized tablet (6x8 preference) to take with me. I've been focusing on my drawing skills lately away from the computer, but I do want to pick up the pen and do digital work and paintings now and again to keep in fresh and for practice's sake.

So my question revolves around whether or not I really need an Intuos, or if the Graphire of the same size is capable of performing well for all the same needs. I've compared the tablets based on Wacom's listed details, and of course the Intuos seems better, but I'd really prefer some user feedback for this one. For people using Graphire, or who have used Graphire, do you feel particularly limited by it at all, or do you find it can easily do what you want (in terms of painting and drawing)?

Yes, it's a matter of price range. I can afford both, but I'd prefer the cheaper assuming it can do what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As for my experience Intuos provide a better feeling when drawing than a intuos. But of course, you can end up with around the same result with a intuos.

Is really a question of ''feeling'', I just feel the Intuos is much much smoother than the Intuos. And If I was in your pants, I'd get the Intuos or try to bring the one you already have.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Intuos pwns Graphire, no contest

I'll never go back to that

---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It all depends if you use the express keys and the tilt function. The price difference is huge I'm not sure the performance difference is that huge, especially if you keep your intuos and just want the secondary tablet to lug around. Maybe you could try to find someone with an intuos to give it a try?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.