Art: My first female figure [NUDITY]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My first female figure [NUDITY]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face My first female figure [NUDITY]

She's only five inches tall, won't bake/keep her it's mainly a test run for future sculptures. Practice basically...

Still learning but comments welcome...

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Thanks!
    Ronnie

my gallery
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

dumb_n00b is offline Gee, I love my pancreas! Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naked people don't have cleavage.

Other than that, good job.

Boom.

:

:Whenever you touch me I go as limp as a noodle!

: Yes, I know the feeling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That lady got really huge hands.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwing View Post
    That lady got really huge hands.
    Yikes, she has man hands!

Seriously, the pose is a little stiff and some of the anatomy could use work, but not bad for a quick first attempt at it. Maybe do another quick one in the same pose and focus on the posture, ie when you stand like that you transfer your weight to the staight leg, which tilts your hips, causing a slight bend at the waist as the body compensates to keep the shoulders parallel with the ground. That will give it more of a feminine feel. Also, a bra would be advised

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Yikes, she has man hands!
    Actually, she sort of looks like an R. Crumb cartoon to me

You know, I never know when someone posts a "this is my first sculpture" image just how serious they are about wanting feedback. On one hand, there is a lot of room for improvement, and many things that can be commented upon... on the other, you never want to beat somebody down when they're just starting for fear of scaring them away. Sculpting is hard and there is a lot to learn, but you need to own up to that fact now.

That being said, I think that you really should consider spending time studying anatomy and proportions. Your figure is very squat (looks to be about 6 heads tall, while real adults are usually 7 to 7.5 heads tall - many artists make them even taller).

The most glaring anatomical issues are in the face, breasts, hands, and feet, which (not coincidentally) also happen to be the most difficult parts of the anatomy to sculpt.

You should look for opportunities to draw and sculpt from life. It will help you tremendously. Also, crack open an anatomy book and learn about how the human body is put together. Draw different parts of the skeletons and how the muscles attach. Force yourself to learn how the body is built in three dimensions.

Work from reference. Seriously. If you try to work from memory or imagination when you're just starting, you are just going to learn bad habits that will be hard to break later. The hard part about sculpting is learning to observe. If you understand the shape of something you can sculpt it; everything else is just technique and relatively easy to conquer. But you must spend time observing, and you must learn to observe by drawing or sculpting what you observe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That looks a little unconvertible for that pose. Maybe change to the contrapostoe. The hands are cool big

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello ronniet,

basically you might find some help with anatomy here:

www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm with jlamarche ^_^ What they said.

I actually like the way you've made the hair dynamic- too often I see new sculptors create hair like medusa's snakes draped down over the shoulders. It still needs some texture work to make it look more like hair, but you're heading in the right direction!

I'd also like to repeat that with the breasts- you're heading in the right direction in that you haven't made them a couple soccer balls attached to the chest. Just bear in mind, as mentioned, breasts don't get cleavage unless they're inside a bra- cleavage forms from the breasts being pushed together, which just doesn't happen naturally when naked.

For help with the hands, pop the ball of your palm on your chin and stretch your fingers up your face. They should fall somewhere around the browline. That should help a little in the way of proportions. ^_^

The verdict? Good try! Your first sculpt is already a jump above most newbies to sculpture. Keep practicing and you'll get there. ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have you seen a naked woman before?? speaking as a woman, and seeing myself naked queit a lot, allow me to help you out..
    1st, you have the hands way to big. a ladies hands are some what smaller than a mans, fingers are more slender and longer. they are smother and delicate.
    2nd, arms now you can look at your own arms. Are they uniform in size from the shoulder to the wrist? No they are not. unless your figure is muscular it's somewhat uniform from shoulder to elbow. but when you go elbow to wrist, it tapers down, yes?
    3rs the boobs they are on the chest of the woman not the abs. bring them up some. it looks like you took to balls and smoothed them out. make a tear shape (even in size)
    4th, your legs are made like your arms. they are uniform in size. your thigh's don't look that bad really, your lower legs looks short.
    5th your feet, keep in mind your feet is the same length as the distance from your elbow to your wrist.
    6th the face is nice looking, but the eyes look off, and uneven
    7th,. navel needs to be lower

you really need to cincentrate on the human body a lot. that is one thing any artist could tell you to aways study. please do get a book, i have both Anatomy for the Artist by Jeno Barcsay it's in a big yellow book cost about 18.00 US and An Atlas of Anatomy for Artist by Fritz Schider (has pictures from Muybridge/Rubens/and others)
    if you can find something from Muybridge that would be awesome not sure if he stuff is still being printed still or not. but he was done numerous study's on humans and animals in action. his most famous being the proving that all 4 hoofs of a horse do in fact leave the ground when they run. Goggle him, you'll see.
    good luck, and keep trying, you'll get. just takes a lot of practice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you should realy keep some good reference at hand when doing this it would help alot!

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude you did good from where did you get the references because i need some. help me on that please thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.