Thread: Simpson's Movie

Thanks

Thumbs up Simpson's Movie

I don't think anyone else has started a thread about this yet, so I will. I went to go see the Simpson's movie earlier today.
    I have been a big fan of the Simpson's as far back as I can remember and I have been saddened by the huge drop in quality that the show has suffered from over the last three or four years.
    Today I rejoice, for the movie was actually very good. In fact I laughed my ass off!
    I am now once again proud to call myself a fan of the Simpsons.
    Does anyone else feel the same way? Or am I just an idiot?
    Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    the simpsons had that classic period not sure when because they keep showing episodes out of sequences on my local tv station
    then it lost it, I jumped ship to family guy (but it does not quite have the emotional arch with the characters and some of the main characters seem to more plot devices at times that fleshed out characters ie, Meg and Chris.

The movie for the first half was gold lost the laughter count a bit in the middle but by the end was back with avengance.

my only bug Mr. Burns was way under used, I would he would have been a bigger player in the story once the dome was introduced.
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    I agree Tom...I felt that the first part of the movie was damn hilarious...but then for some reason I wasn't laughing as much. but near the end, it kinda sparked back.

I thought it was amazing. they did the things they couldn't do on TV and it was great. I was very very happy with it. I'd recommend it!

Thanks
    I loved this movie. It just felt like a really good episode. They did'nt go way off the wall and try to make it more epic than Simpsons was meant to be, but they were liberated enough to develop some characters more than a 22 minute episode. I was pleased.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits4noman View Post
    my only bug Mr. Burns was way under used, I would he would have been a bigger player in the story once the dome was introduced.
    I agree, I was also kind of surprised that Kang and Kodos didn't show up at all.
    Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    Spiderpig Spiderpig ! lol ! I love the part where he shine his middlefinger and got stucked in the hole and people scratched his head !
    Riefdy's Sketchbook

Aila's Sketchbook

"I believe in passion & obsession." Hazieq Riefdy

Thanks
    Saw it yesterday. I was a bit dissapointed. Good movie, but dissapointed a bit. I think the show Family Guy has finally consumed me.

BANNED_For_POOPY_PANTS Guest
    I LOVED IT!!!!

+1 what TomWaits4NoMan said about Mr. Burns.. although spider pig compensated rather nicely .

the auto-crime capital of North America-Surrey, BC
    Thanks
    My cousin told me it was like the new Simpson's episodes.
    Stupid blatant "humor" that tries to be like Family Guy but fails. So I don't really give a damn.

Thanks
    Burns didn't need to be the main protagonist in this. There was actually somebody more evil than him in the movie. Again, it's about how the family comes together and solves a problem and is funny in the process.

I loved it.