automotive design / Art Center College of Design

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

automotive design / Art Center College of Design

im a senior in high school and am extremely interested in automotive design, both body design and part design. i was wondering if anyone here is in this job field that i could talk to about it, my email is JesusFreak4280@hotmail.com (make the subject somehting that i will know isnt junkmail, i usually skim and delete ) and my AIM sn is Jesusfreak4280

also, i was wondering if anyone went to the Art Center College of Design. they seem to have an awesome auto design course and i would really love to go there. i was excited about it until i read over their admissions requirements, im not so good at art, though i am inproving, though not in alot of fields, just sketching (still pretty elementary looking still though) and photography. BUT i read an article about them in an old magazine that kinda said that there can be exceptions. i would really like to hear from people to get their opinions on this college and what it really takes to get in.

mind you i will get a degree before i go there, probably in mechanical engineering, but taht could change, im only 17.

thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I believe Craig Mullins got some kind of education in car design. His art wouldn't show it, though. You can try e-mailing him or see if he'll respond to a post at Sijun, where he hangs out as spooge demon.

Chip Foose is one of the top car designers today. You can try e-mailing him, but I would guess he's a busy man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went to Art Center for automotive design. I now work in the video game field doing vehicles and the like.
    You have to like to draw, on intense weeks I drew about 150-200 cars a week..not including what you have to do for other classes. Its a lot of drawing but it perfects your skill and makes alot of perspective for automoblies second nature. I wish I still had assignments at work that allowed me to do so many car drawings.
    You can get a job after you finish school, most of the time right away..sometimes it takes a year or so to land a job- it just depends on the economy. What you pay for ACCD is by no means what you will get in salary. I have been paying my school loan off for 6 years now and I am almost done.
    A suggestion for getting into ACCD is to make sure you have lots of sketches. Perhaps 3-4 sketchbooks worth of studies. They dont have to be all different cars, perhaps you spend about 3/4 of a sketchbook trying to design the next Jeep Grand Cherokee where you start off with about 50 different ideas and hone in on one direction.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, thanks for the replies. this does help alot, i think i will go out and buy another sketchbook the one i have now has my beginning stuff in it and id like to start over.

thanks again

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.