Academy of Art University GOOD OR BAD??????

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Academy of Art University GOOD OR BAD??????

(This question is open to everyone)
    I recently got some information from a animation art professor about AAU. His opinion was that the school is nothing more than a "for profit school" looking to reap the dollars of unknowing artist students. He also added the students who go there are viewed as bottom of the barrel and subject to a career off unemployment and etc. He also stated that AAU is very expensive and that UCLA, USC, CALARTS, RINGLING, PARSON and NYC would be cheaper. I think those options are actually more than AAU! Well I dont agree his opinions mainly because I think it is all about what you as a person make of it. So how do all of you who have dealt with the AAU feel about it as a whole. Is this opinion true or it is just hot air. For those of you who are animation students or students of other programs at AAU are you truly happy with the school do you feel as if your getting a lesser education. I'd like to hear some real opinions from all of you who visit conceptart because your not full of crap!!! So please share with me your honest opinions about the Academy of Art University GOOD OR BAD???!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First, you shouldn't take one person's opinion as the truth. Many people feel very differently about expensive art schools, and with good reason. It all depends on which side of the barrel of the gun they're on. During my college search, a professor at a state school told me that they had a better program than Ringling because they had a more "artistic approach." After mentally chewing this over, I reasoned, "Well, if that's true, then why does Ringling have WAY more graduates in the field?" You have to use your common sense. If there are a good number graduates in the industry from AAU in recent times, chances are that they're doing something right.

I haven't heard a whole lot about AAU because I've never really considered it as an option, but I've never really heard anything negative. Their program was rated number 2 in the nation by 3D World Magazine, and there are animators who either currently or recently have worked for Pixar who teach there. Your best bet is to visit and keep trying to get into contact with current students.

I give it a GOOD rating (I still love Ringling more...but I'm a bit biased ).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im really tired of seeing this thread over and over again. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you "thesinfulsaint" I really appreciate your comments and truth.

As for "Sweetobilivion314" you know, you can alway keep your hand off the keyboard if you dont have anything worth typing. That comment was pretty rude. First of all people come here to ask questions and if it is seen over again so what help them out you clown. I've read some of your other posts here and I thought you were a person of substance but I guess your just another clown at the circus. Well have fun being negative

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There's a seven page thread called "Academy of Art University" right on the first page of the forum listing. No search function required, just your eyes.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by A. JAX View Post
    Thank you "thesinfulsaint" I really appreciate your comments and truth.

As for "Sweetobilivion314" you know, you can alway keep your hand off the keyboard if you dont have anything worth typing. That comment was pretty rude. First of all people come here to ask questions and if it is seen over again so what help them out you clown. I've read some of your other posts here and I thought you were a person of substance but I guess your just another clown at the circus. Well have fun being negative
    I appreciate your jumping to conclusions and claiming me "just another clown at the circus" from one response to a question I've seen about 25 times and answered about 20.
    Maybe it is you who are being rude by not taking a minute to use the search feature for the answer to your questions and wasting the bandwidth of this site and the members time.

Members who have read this thread: 1