Amsterdam, Netherlands?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Amsterdam, Netherlands?

Hello!
    I am a designer with some illustration experience, but I really want to sharpen up my 2D skills... learn how to draw portraits and character design with Painter or Photoshop...

Anyone in Amsterdam in a position to teach, or any short courses / workshops available? I am not interested in a full course or in a piece of paper; just want to have someone who can guide me through digital painting!

Cheers!

M.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoantonio View Post
    Hello!
    I am a designer with some illustration experience, but I really want to sharpen up my 2D skills... learn how to draw portraits and character design with Painter or Photoshop...
    Don't go too specific, I really doubt whether you can find a course to fit your needs exactly. Personally, I'd separate the subject from the technique, and find a course on figure drawing or portraiture and, secondary, a course on Painter or Photoshop. The former shouldn't be too hard too find, the latter could be found in online tutorials or books. Something like portraiture is exactly the same in charcoal as in Photoshop, the main difference that a portrait in Photoshop is without charcoal, and a charcoal portrait doesn't need Photoshop.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 794 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You know, using paint in Painter isn't that different from real life. If you learn painting on a canvas first, I guarantee you'll pick up Painter like it was nothing. Find a quick course in oil painting to learn the basics of color and blending, and how to progress through the stages of developing realistic imagery. Then when you're realy for digital, there are some quick tutorials in Painter that can help you learn the user interface.

And as for Amsterdam.. c'mon, there's gotta be tons of ppl willing to teach drawing/painting from life for a quick buck. This country's teeming with hobby artists.

Success!

Members who have read this thread: 2