wierd...thing.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: wierd...thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

wierd...thing.

(Hi im new to CA btw)

I don't have a Wacom yet (but soon yayh pld: ) so i sketched this with paper and pencil. Booring stuff i know.

Anyways, about the drawing. Apart from the right arm, which is not finished yet, what do you think? Came here for critique and that's what i want

His feet are bad. I need help on those two.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, since you are new here, welcome to CA.

Second, don't worry about the Wacom right now. It is just a tool, and by itself will not turn you into some kind of uber-artist. You still need to learn your chops regardless of whether you are working in digital or traditional media.

Now, as for the drawing itself:
    Right now it is not reading very clearly. What are those things growing out of the fingers? Feathers? Knives?
    What is that growing vertically out of the left shoulder? A wing? - Why is it in such a place as to be obscurring most of the head and face?
    What is the anatomy of the legs based upon? The angles and musculature dont make any sense. The left knee in particular is bent in the wrong direction.

As with all fantasy concepts, this has potential to turn into something interesting. However, you will need to spend some more time thinking about anatomy, function, and clarity of pose to get to that point.

As the ego shrinks, so the spirit expands.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Its an interesting design, but I'd recommend working a little larger- the details are hard to see, scan quality aside. As has already been mentioned, its a little difficult to see what the things on his fingers are in particular.

I'm guessing you're going for a goat legs look, in which case I'd actually exaggerate the degree to which they're bent a little- right now it looks like they could go either way. The fact that he barely has a butt at all looks a little odd, and makes it even harder to read what you were going for with the legs. Are his feet supposed to look like hands?

I'd also sketch some extra drawing just to show what he looks like all round before going for the pose, just because he cant see what his head and such look like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Thx

The anatomy was something far from my mind at that moment i drew the picture

I was more like: lets make some curves here...and there...

It's knifes yes. and wings

Update

Wow i just looked at the two drawings and noticed that i fucked up the legs, again. And yes i was going for goatlegs.

Last edited by Martinmj; July 25th, 2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: wow. Turned out bad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinmj View Post
    Thx
    And yes i was going for goatlegs.
    So, look at a goat leg...

If you are unsure of how to draw something-- or you DO draw something and then think "well, that ain't right!" Google image it.

http://bryrpatch.com/images/2002-01_...sieposeone.JPG

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...7/11700296.JPG

Google them wings, too.

And human anatomy, while your at it.

It's a good start, but really you should be drawing people and animals from life-- focusing on nailing down anatomy and posture-- before taking that knowledge into the ideation of concepts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last one. Think ill pick this up after i've actually learned to draw

Btw it's allowed to tweak the human anatomy when drawing concept fantasy art right?
    (lol not that mine really is)
    The arms are drawn longer fully knowing they conflict with the universal understanding of proper human anatomy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinmj View Post
    Last one. Think ill pick this up after i've actually learned to draw

Btw it's allowed to tweak the human anatomy when drawing concept fantasy art right?
    (lol not that mine really is)
    The arms are drawn longer fully knowing they conflict with the universal understanding of proper human anatomy.
    If you sell the anatomy, the sky's the limit... but selling the anatomy requires an understanding of how bones affect muscles affect skin and every premutation thereof. You can make a knuckle-dragging arm jutting out of the forhead so long as the image makes us believe there is a socket there, and bony landmarks for the connective tissue to tie the muscles to it and such.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.