Setting up graphics tablet for painting question. please help!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Setting up graphics tablet for painting question. please help!

Hi!

Am new here, and I just got a wacom 6x8 graphics tablet (grapphire). I have a background in art and graphic design, so I'm extremely familiar with photoshop and other graphics programs. But I have been fiddling around with it for a few weeks now. All the plain lineart that I've done so far has lines that have no definition to them. (the best way I can describe it is, when drawing a straight line, the line is the consistent width from start to finish, instead of tapering off where the line begins and ends because of pressure sensitivity-- the way I've seen it in a lot of tutorials here). I've tried mimicking the settings on some tutorials to see if it makes a difference on how my sketchlines look. They just look bulky and unnatractive no matter what I try.

Are there any particular starting out tips or specific settings I should set my pen to so I get more realistic sketch lines? Or is there a thread I missed that anyone might direct my attention to? Please reply!

Hi! I'm Julia, btw.

thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

4ntimatter is offline if a ghost went into the fog would he be mist? Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah mate I know what you mean.

For size jitter:
    click the brush tab and tick and highlight the "shape dynamics" tab and set the size jitter to pen pressure, leave at (0%)

also do this.

Opacity jitter:
    Then again tick and highlight the "other dynamics" and set opacity jitter to "pen pressure" and leave at (0%)

And just mess around with those settings. I'm only new to it myself.

Hope this helps Liana

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    drawing in PS is like drawing on a whiteboard.. friction is virtually non existent. make sure you loosen your wrist and let the lines flow a little. as for technical settings sounds like 4ntimatter hit it spot on. Sounds like shape dynamic issue, (this will let your pressure control the width of your lines)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up thanks!

yeah, that worked! thanks guys! more my settings I hope to post art up soon!

4ntimatter is offline if a ghost went into the fog would he be mist? Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking forward to seeing some of your art Liana.

Members who have read this thread: 1