Page 1 of 166 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Ringling College of Art and Design 2008 Hopefuls

This is a thread for anyone who is planning on applying to Ringling for the 2008-2009 school year.

I'm a recent high school graduate from Chandler, Arizona. I will be attending this upcoming school year at a local community college taking care of some liberal arts courses so I have more time for studio classes at Ringling.

I just finished Ringling's precollege program yesterday. An overall great experience. I learned a great deal from both the faculty and teaching assistants. Anyhow, I took some photos of the campus while I was there; you can view them here:http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x44/Jollesslauds/.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollesslauds View Post
    This is a thread for anyone who is planning on applying to Ringling for the 2008-2009 school year.
    hey Jollesslauds, I'm going to apply for the game art and design course in sept. I've never actually been to sarasota... so thanks for uploading the pictures you took

Thanks
    I'm more of a 2009 hopeful while I finish my associates in Fine Arts. Maybe, I'm not set yet. It's the closest but tuition is a complete and utter ouch. But since this is the second time I've debated Ringling I think it may stick.

Oh, and I'm pretty much set on animation although illustration is my backup. I'm more interested in 2d although 3d is the standard.

Last edited by poisonedsodapop; July 25th, 2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added something

Thanks
    asdkjasldjkalskdjlas.
    The 2008 threads have begun!
    I may or may not be a 2008 Ringling hopeful. I'm definitely a 2008 college hopeful.
    Hello!

Thanks
    Hey everyone,

I'm Once, I have also just finished up the Ringling Precollege program and took the animation and figure sculpture electives. I'm a 2008 hopeful for the illustration program. I found out animation doesn't tickle my fancy, but ringling sure does. I'm going into my senior year, crazy senior year, filled to the brim with art courses of course.

Thanks

Red face

Oh wow. The 2008 thread is here already and it's off to a good start.

I'm a 2008 hopeful for RCAD's Computer Animation program. I'm currently living in Woodbridge, Virginia. I graduated in mid 2006 and have been attending college here for the past year or so. I'm more of a "creepy" lurker than an actual poster, myself. I'll be sure to read most of this thread, though I may not post much.

I'll be sure to start a sketchbook of my works here pretty soon.

Thanks
    ya i just finish precollege too it was really fun and i learned alot im going to be a senior this year in high school so i will aplly for the next year soon im pretty sure i will get in.can't wait to go back to ringling everyone is so awesome and enviorment there was awesome too i miss it

Thanks
    I'm about to be a senior, and I'll be applying to Ringling as a safety school. The main attraction for me is the new Game Art + Design major. But their Illustration program looks pretty good too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyism
    The main attraction for me is the new Game Art + Design major. But their Illustration program looks pretty good too.
    Make sure that on your application you mark that you're interested in GAD, not Illustration because there are a limited number of slots and you'll have to turn in your portfolio and application earlier. You can always switch to Illustration later. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by afromadness369x View Post
    ya i just finish precollege too it was really fun and i learned alot im going to be a senior this year in high school so i will aplly for the next year soon im pretty sure i will get in.can't wait to go back to ringling everyone is so awesome and enviorment there was awesome too i miss it
    I miss it as well, I didn't want to leave precollege..it was a very sad day when we had to leave.

Thanks
    I am a hopeful. Ringling is one of the schools I have in my sites along with Sarah Lawrence, SVA and Pratt

Thanks
    I'm hopeful. Actually, I'm wishful. Its just so dam expensive.

$12.5k per semester + fees. That's over 25K a year (over $100,000 for all 4 years). So now I have to decide whether or not to sell my soul to corporate america and drown myself in debt for the rest of my natural life.

(I know I'm being dramatic. I just hate that the only school I want to go to, I can't go to.)

Thanks
    Hey, all. It's nice to see that this thread's off to a good start.

For those of you who are interested, here's a list of cities where National Portfolio Day will be taking place: http://www.npda.org/events.html. Though the site doesn't specify which events Ringling will participate in, they attended most last year.

During precollege, an admissions represenative explained that during National Porfolio Day, faculty from various art colleges will critique prospective students on their work for their application portfolios. It was highly recommended that we attend one near our city.

Page 1 of 166 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3