hmmm help.

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: hmmm help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hmmm help.

So Im trying to simulate a thick style with painter. Like Jon Foster's stuff I like how meaty it is and full of texture. I just dont like when i have to blend and the image gets blurry. Is there a brush that will mix the colors on the image? Like if i was painting over some yellow with blue, would the edges and some of the areas where the brush doesnt hit as much mix with the yellow and make green? The main thing is I want to have texture from the paint building up and not from a paper texture. Also how do you get colors to blend nicely on the image with out having to go in and build up gradients through small strokes in between colors.

I hope that makes sense, hard to explain.

thanks nic'

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kinda difficult to understand...but if you're using foster as an example try using the "variable oil pastel" brush - with hue only variability (@about 5%). That'll pick up a lot of the previous color -- it'll give you a green from blue over yellow; use light pressure at first...
    Or use thecaptured bristle brush to get some nice texture and brush-strokes. another thing to try for blends is working on a fresh layer so you can adjust the layer opacity, and get a "blend" that way (like doing transparent glazes).

I've also use the liquid ink "graphic bristle" to get some cool things going - when you change colors you'll get some interesting blends and bleeds - stay loose and fast -- you can always clean it up later with an eraser --then play with the layer opacity 'til you get something you like.

This was done just using the brushes and layer techniques above--is this the right direction?
    hmmm help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats what i was looking for, thanks alot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.