Intuos Driver Problem...

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Intuos Driver Problem...

I've got th latest Intuos3 X64 driver installed.
    Weird thing is, it doesn't load up with Windows, it seems to hang for about one or two minutes after Windows starts.

Now this isn't really a problem in itself, however, while it hangs, it holds up a handful of other program that need to start running.
    Examples are: MSN won't sign on, internet tray icon doesn't show up, and some other applications won't even start until the driver has loaded.

I'm on Windows XP64 SP1. I've also tried on SP2, and I'm now on a fresh install of Windows, and it still doesn't solve the problem, so I'm thinking it's a driver flaw.
    The Graphire3 driver didn't have this issue.

Anybody else get this problem?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't promise they have the answers, but I think your chances might be improved over here...

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/fo...VE=&FORUM_ID=8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Checked the link....but nothing really useful....and yes my drivers take a while to load... and I'm not running a firewall.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just tried excluding the service from being virus scanned. Doesn't make a difference.
    I also tried making a shortcut from the Tablet.exe file to start manually, but it doesn't work. =\

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well although you didn't find the solution at the wacom support forums, you most likely will recieve help if you post your problem there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are a few threads on the Wacom support forums that report various problems with the newest driver (6.04). You may just want to roll back to an earlier one, but definitely post in the support forum so they at least are aware that there's a problem.

The Boulder takes issue with that comment.

Sketchbookedness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm using 6.04-4 with an Intuos3, XP64 SP2 and have zero problems.... I also have MSN messenger, Yahoo and AIM loading at startup as well as iTunes - what other processes are you running?

“It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have the same problem as well, as you described, on multiple machines all running XP SP2. The driver does load, but it waits a few minutes after booting before doing so. It does this on my 2 home desktops (a dell and a HP) as well as my work laptop (a HP laptop with an AMD). It happens whether or not the tablet is connected.

It hasn't been too annoying of an issue yet so honestly I haven't looked into a fix. I would do as the other suggested and try different drivers or post on the Wacom site and let us know if you find a fix...

Last edited by phoric; July 23rd, 2007 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is already a thread on the Wacom forum about this problem, and Wacom staff have replied, saying to enter the Tablet.exe process into firewall and virus scanners as an exception for scanning.
    I tried it, doesn't help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know, if you just install NoScript in your Firefox browser then you don't need to worry about installing any firewall or anti virus anywhere to screw up how your system runs.

Also, don't click on random links you can't indentify, either.

“It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecaster View Post
    You know, if you just install NoScript in your Firefox browser then you don't need to worry about installing any firewall or anti virus anywhere to screw up how your system runs.

Also, don't click on random links you can't indentify, either.
    This is not true. This will protect somewhat against browser-based exploits, while a firewall and antivirus protects against worms, virii, and other security threats that transmit via the network, e-mail, and TCP/IP, and has nothing to do with your browser.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.