in need of desperate help

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

in need of desperate help

Last edited by TheGlassPrison; November 17th, 2008 at 11:42 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    read every thread in this section of the forum

Thanks
    Thanked 11,138 Times in 2,685 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You can choose what you want to do but often times what you really want to do will reveal itself to you later. The key is to make a choice and go in a direction you think you will enjoy. Then work your ass off to do it.

I started studying animation (two and a half years I studies traditionally). It was not until my third year that I realized I really wanted to study illustration. It was not until my sixth that I realized I wanted to do concept design. Had I not started working my ass off at drawing and animation I would have never found those things.

So choose something you enjoy and then go bust your ass. I knew it was what I wanted to do when I was literally planning my whole life around it and paying to do it. It became real clear where my passions were after the hard work was in progress.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank u so much for all the advice =]
    its just i have the fear of going to an art school in 2 years and staying there and being surrounded by ppl who exceed me and im still trying to decide wut i wanna do.....i hope ur right....i will come to find wut feels right in time if i work hard at it =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FDR said, "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." I think he was right. We are all afraid. You just have to give whatever you're doing your best shot. There is no way to know what you will become until you take the journey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My experience is this:
    I'm about to begin my second year of college, and what a journey it has been.
    I have struggled for countless years on what to do with my life. Today I have a clearer picture. I enjoy countless things, and right now I'm not even sure If I will pick art...It's not self-doubt,I have countless loves, its just the road of life. See you can pick a major or a career and sometimes people don't go through with it, some go for it and find its not what they want; point is that whatever you choose to do or if you change directions you will end up where you are meant to be. We all have a purpose, we may not know what it is yet, but as long as you keep moving forward, not quitting,keep making choices, raising your standards,and living beyond what you are capable of you will find a sense of idendity and you will meet your destiny.

So go out into the world,be not afraid, and live.

I'm becoming more of a renissance man every day.
    Yea i'm that awesome.
    The lord is my light and salvation-so why should I be afraid?-Psalm 27:1
    Jesus said,"Stop your doubting and believe!"-John 20:27
    God has said,"I will never, never fail you nor forsake you."-Hebrews 13:5

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The journey of being an artist never ends. What subject I draw today I might not do five years from now. For all I know I might scrap all of what I'm interested now and become a ceramacist, but it's all about having the bravery and commitment to taking that first step.

You're at the Big Buffet of Life right now and while I'm sure all of the tables look good, one has to take that first lunge to see if the food is good there. If it isn't, then move on with that knowledge gained. If the first stab is good then keep going with it until it tires out.

But again- each of these journeys is started by taking that first tentative step. The only way you're going to know which is right/ wrong for you is to take that leap of faith in youself.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx again for everything guys.....
    as for my journey to find my answers....i took a step....=]
    I went to pasadena city college and had someone view my portfolio to suggest me teachers or specific classes.....it went well.....and the person told me to take foundation classes rather than step into something that signifies a major....he did tell me he sees my passion trough the art work which made me very happy and he said that he could see me one day transferin to pasadena art center or laguna beach.....so i am feelin a little better about this whole thing....and i am ready to learn as much as i can and see how much i can improve.....i just cant wait till i start my classes in a month or so....

thank u again for everything guys.....im really happy i ran into this website and i will keep checkin and postin some artwork later on to hear wut some of u might have to say....cuz i never take it to the heart with the criticism...=]
    enjoy ur day

Vahe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Glass! If you are interested in getting started on those basics, check out the "Concept Art 101" link in my sig.

Cheers!

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank u man....ill definitely check it out...and love the idea for ur sketch book =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey TheGlassPrison Can you show some artwork of yours? I'm thinking about Pasadena City College too.

Thx!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.