Charles Bargue Drawing Course Book??

View testimonialsView Artwork

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Charles Bargue Drawing Course Book??

Hey,
    For those of you who have heard of the originally in french book titled Charles Bargue Drawing Course, it is an amazing book from the reviews I have read. However, the English version seems to be completely out of print. I originally had an order at budplant.com -- here is the link -- http://budplant.com/product.asp?pn=CHARLEH -- and as of a few days ago they are officially sold out as well. Budplant and The Dahesh Museum were the only places I could find on here that supposedly had them and currently both of those sites are sold out. :/ I was just curious if anyone had a copy they would be willing to sell OR if they knew of a place that offered one. I also tried ecampus.com and they canceled my order a few days after I placed it because they were sold out.
    I really appreciate any advice. I am also considering buying the French version just to have the plates if it comes to it. That one I can get on amazon.com. Thanks!
    Lara ^_^

"The Lord illuminates my darkness. "
    - 2 Samuel 22:29

Sketchbook /Website

Connect with me on Facebook!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hopefully the Dahesh museum will get another printing going in the near future. The book was produced by the museum in conjunction with an exhibition they had on Charles Bargue a couple of years ago. The last English printing had minor binding issues, and was sold at a value price of $45. For just the plates, the French version would be perfectly fine, although the written portions of the book are packed with a lot of good information.

Such as a good section on the sight-size technique, a bit of history about the Drawing Course, a general survey of Bargue's life and body of work, and for each of the three sections a few pages describing how to approach copying the plates that are in that section.

You might try emailing the Dahesh museum about when the next printing will be available (I'm assuming that there will be another printing.. the book has become quite in demand).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I have been waiting for the english version of the book to go into reprint again also and finally it has. It can now be preordered from http://www.daheshmuseum.org/ for $95. They are only printing the hardcover version.

Hope this helps

Members who have read this thread: 5