Results 1 to 5 of 5
July 18th, 2007 #1
This is my first try to make a night rain scene.
That's an public station area.There are metro entrance and a railway station and many pubs.
Hope your C&Cs.
Last edited by SeanAni; July 18th, 2007 at 08:06 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJuly 18th, 2007 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
- Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
maybe put some windows in the worm like train, its kinda hard to tell what it is. And chill out on the rain, i think you should tone it down; I think you're hiding the imperfection with it. I think you should tighten up the rendering a little more on this everything seems so soft and kinda all clumps together.
July 18th, 2007 #3
When things get wet, they tend to show a lot more sharp, strong highlights as the water makes them more reflective. You should let the ground show brighter reflections as well. Right now, those elements are not strong enough and because of this, the rain effect is less convincing than it could be.
As the ego shrinks, so the spirit expands.
July 19th, 2007 #4
July 21st, 2007 #5
I like the idea and mood in this pic.
- I agree with Kresh about everything looking too soft. You don't need to blend everything.
- I would give this scene more subtle haze from the lights which would separete the foreground, middleground and background more.
- Play more with simple silhouettes. Those very far details are not very necessary. It's very hard to read form at such distances so simplifying them wouldn't hurt this pic and it would make it more readable.
- There is something strange in foreshortening of those buildings. Closer ones are short while further ones are much longer or have the same distances between windows. It could be intended and is even possible to build such illusion in real life but if you want more depth then changing those proportions would help.
Hope that's useful