Neurofunk

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Neurofunk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Neurofunk

Hey there,

I stumbled across Neurofunk this week by looking through a mixtape a friend gave me 2 years ago by German duo phace. I was kinda bored by the usual jungle feeling that DnB has on all those parties and thought that the refreshing, futuristic and dark feeling of Neurofunk was really cool. Anyone else tuning in to this, be it in the club or at home/in your car/while making out/whatsoever?

From what I found out, Noisia seems to be second to none. But I'm amenable to everything else. Die dolphins, die!

Jabo

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah dude I love stuff that I've seen called "Neurofunk" I'm not sure if they're "Neurofunk" exactly, but you should check out Future Prophecies if you haven't already, they're slammin. I'm pretty sure they recently released an album called "Warlords Rising" Also for the sort of sound that Noisia has you should check out stuff from the No U Turn label, Ed Rush, Optical, Nico, Konflict...also just dig around on the internet for mixes.

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there Cthogua,

glad you replied. The ones you mention are a little hard to find on youtube or the like, but I found a really decent mock-up with Matrix scenes set to their tune "Magnetic":

Couldn't find much by the others you mentioned. That's a major problem for me. I don't know where to get the music (legally). I don't own a vinyl player and audio CDs are hard to find in that kind of field. Any ideas? Good sites selling DNB tunes?

BTW, check out Therapy Sessions Vol. 3 by Noisia if you haven't already. 60 mins really decent music, I heard it three times on repeat. Lovely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah that can be an unfortunate thing about good nasty, evil DnB. Its not exactly the most popular thing on earth so it can be alittle difficult to find through popular channels. One good place to check, though you can't save 'em is Pandora.com its a internet radio thing where you enter in some names of artists and it picks stuff out thats similar and plays it for ya. Drop some of the names I mentioned before and you should get some decent stuff. Another group to check out is Black Sun Empire...they're one of my favorites. They did a track with Noisia called Hideous thats like giant robotic tentacles levels of badass. Their website is here You can listen to samples of tons of stuff (Hideous is on the Cruel and Unusual album) unfortunatly its just that...like a two minute sample

As far a purchasing CDs/Mp3s your best bet is looking online I suppose, though I haven't looked in a while. I used to spin DnB records, but I sold my tables and mixer in an unfortunate poor period after graduating from college. Kept my records though, I'd like to eventually get back into it.

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.