Sketchbook: The future awaits _
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question The future awaits _

hi everyone, this is my first post, and I actually directly come to the point I want to ask you, artist out there:

Do I have chances in the art-business, because I didn get much contact with artists and also dont know much about my possibiltys in this business. I am now in 11th grade in germany and Im not sure what to do after my Abitur. So I actually want to capture information if my skills are good enough to have chances to compete as artist today...

.. here are 2 example-"sketches"...

the first one is drawn with photoshop 7 and my logitech mx510 ( i dont have a graphictablet >< )

and the 2nd one is handdrawn

...please be critic and straightforward!

Thankfully, Deen

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What does the 11th grade equal (age wise)?

PLUS, it's not an easy thing to get into, look for places or people that you can work for that let you be creative and keep learning/upgrading your skills.
    It's not like a sport, where youth can be an advantage, you'll be competing with people with many years more experience and who have already established their reliabilty etc.

Not trying to put you off, but don't think it'll be easy.

Now you need to try and get a portfolio together. Make sure that it is aimed at each individual company that you apply for. If they want finished art only - pick your very strongest finished art (be very fussy - 6 good pieces are better than 15 average ones), if it's for a gaming company etc, make sure to show concepts and multiple designs before you get to a more finished piece.

AND have fun! If you don't enjoy it, you won't put in your full effort.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    RE: SEVANS:

11th grade is equal to 18 / 19 years, I am 19 btw.

Yeah that&#180;s a fact which I&#180;m afrai of 0o...
    because I don&#180;t had that much expirience but if I would be shure that I had the requirements I would directly aim that goal and train myself much more
    ( &#180;cause that what I am doing now is more like playing, than practicing :/ )

hmm, about the portfolio: do you mean that I should NOW start preparing myself for the individual work groups in which I should contend later? ( my english isn&#180;t that good, so i didn&#180;t really get that point , sry )

Yeah, ^^ thats true, but it isn&#180;t not a problem for me, because I have fun doing that stuff... elsewise I wouldn&#180;t ask about my chances in that business...
    designer or conceptartist or anithing that has to do with drawing ( and well paid ) would be my dreamjob

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.