Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts

Blade Runner: Final Cut

I don't know that I've been this much anticipating a movie since the Alien re-release a few years ago. Oh man, can't wait!
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    finally! , Is their a dvd in the works?

Thanks
    Last i read, it's a 5 (!) disk set with a new documentary and all previous versions of the movie
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    woah, this is a must have.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    *brain explodes*
    dammit, i really need to order the book. this is awesome!

Thanks
    Damn, it's about time. I heard they might show it in theatres as well. Good times.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

Thanks
    I also know that its gonna do a limited runt on the big screen. YAY!!!

And I hope to god that there will be commentarys on those babies, imagine if there was a harrison ford/ridley scott sit down!
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    imagine if there was a harrison ford/ridley scott sit down
    I understand that there's still some bad blood between those two. I was talking about this to my brother earlier (commentaries) and we couldn't think of any Ford commentaries. He seems like the type of guy who couldn't be bothered to do it

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks

Thanks
    Last edited by viag; July 16th, 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo View Post
    I understand that there's still some bad blood between those two. I was talking about this to my brother earlier (commentaries) and we couldn't think of any Ford commentaries. He seems like the type of guy who couldn't be bothered to do it
    I think that there isn't really any bad blood between them, but i know that ford was real pissed of (as was Scott) with the studios re cut of it. Still, ill be satisfied with a Scott commentary, and hey maybe Syd mead?
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    I'm not sure what the relationship between Scott and Ford was really like, but I've heard many times that they didn't get along, and also that Harrison Ford and Sean Young very much disliked each other. I'm curious what they'll say about all the negative feelings during shooting in the supplementals. According to IMDB's trivia:

"The shooting of the film was supposedly such a strain on the cast and crew that crew members had T-Shirts made saying "WILL ROGERS NEVER MET RIDLEY SCOTT" (a reference to Will Rogers' famous statement that he never met a man he didn't like)."

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Yeah Scott seems to be a fucker when it comes to treatment of his cast and crew. You can see from his interviews on the Alien DVD documentary that he's one of those directors who want to pull off their vision without anybody talking into it. I mean, he personally storyboarded Alien, scene-by-scene.

Oh, and this announcement is THE SHIT! want want want want!

Thanks
    I read about it in Empire, yeah its a must have.

The studio version is dire and the orginal copy should be burnt.........Ford's voice over adds nothing to the film and the driving off into the sunset ending......WHF though it is worth seeing if only for Decker (ford) comparing his ex wife to cold sushi hilarious and for all the wrong reasons

IMO one of Reuger's finest performances (the Hitcher comes close)

the book is very different by the way it is called Do andriods dream of electric sleep?

its one of the few examples where I think the film is better than the book.

SPOILER******

The question to ask though is Decker a replicant?
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits4noman View Post
    SPOILER******

The VHS directors cut copy makes it pretty clear that he is, how else would Edward James Olmos' character know to make an origami unicorn and leave it in front of Decker's door? Although it's been YEARS since my VCR was hooked up to a TV, so I might be misremembering that detail.

I'll definitely be picking this movie up.

After that, I'll need to find a DVD of Split Second. "We need to get bigger guns. Big fucking guns!"
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    the unicorn was (rachel) Sean Young's dream
    Decker saw her files, so would have known these details.
    The unicorn could be a way of reminding Decker
    that Rachel SPOILER**** is a replicant
    but then there is the 6th replicant who is never identifed

it is hinted at in a very subtle way but never spelled out I did not get the possibilty that he might be first time round.

Rigley Scott says yes
    Harrison Ford says no...
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    the book is very different by the way it is called Do andriods dream of electric sleep?
    Although it's actually asking about electric sheep, not electric sleep ( typo, I guess), I found the book was quite boring compared to the movie.

Ridley Scott (or was it Philip K. Dick?) once claimed in an interview that he is a replicant. And due to the unicorn-scene, I guess he really is.

All those... moments will be lost in time, like tears... in the rain.

Goosehumps scene, great acting.

Thanks
    I'm sure I've read Ridely say that the Unicorn is the key clue that Deckard is a replicant (which is why Gaff leaves the paper unicorn for him, as a way of telling him that he's read Deckards files, which Deckard clearly understands by his facial expression when he crumples it). I don't think they ever give any indication that the unicorn has a thing to do with Rachael. They also give his eyes a reflective glow in a scene or two, which is only seen in the replicant's eyes throughout the movie.

As to the book, I personally love both the book and the movie because they're so totally different from each other and both are excellent at what they do. They're about completely different things. I think the first time I read the book I was only kinda into it, but I reread it a year or so ago and it knocked my socks off. I love PKD, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is perhaps my absolute favorite of what I've read.

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    just saw A Scanner Darkly liked the style even though I am not a big fan of retroscoping... like Blade Runner feel I need to watch it again to fully understand it, I saw Blade Runner 3 times before I finally got it (back when my taste in films was more conservative)
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Well, I don't think that is a bad thing, having to watch a film a couple of times to get it. Those films often are a lot better than those you get after the first time you watch them. Donnie Darko, The Shining, K-Pax, Event Horizon, Sphere, all those films I had to watch twice to absorb their power.

Thanks
    That's surely great news. It's one of those films you could watch many many times - it's so complex, with no black and white characters.. and the Vangelis music score!

BTW - are they gonna finally add the 'missing replicant dying' scene?

Thanks
    are they gonna finally add the 'missing replicant dying' scene?
    To the best of my knowledge, that scene doesn't actually exist anyplace outside early drafts of the script. I am curious if they'll patch that mismatched scene which suggests the fifth replicant though.

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Here is the information for the LA and NY screenings:

New York - Clearview Ziegfeld (Oct 05 ->)
    The Clearview Ziegfeld gets the US East Coast cinematic release of the 25th Anniversary Blade Runner Final Cut. Located at: 141 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019. Phone: (212) 777-FILM. Ticket information.

Los Angeles - The Landmark (Oct 05 ->)
    The Landmark gets the US West Coast cinematic release of the 25th Anniversary Blade Runner Final Cut. Located at: 10850 West Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Phone: (310) 470-0492. Ticket information.

Also, since this is an art forum, they're holding a Blade Runner art contest and the winner gets an entertainment system. Worth checking out. http://www.bladerunnercontest.com

And, Ridley Scott said many times Deckard was a replicant. I think the only confusion is because Harrison Ford said he wasn't, because he didn't want to be.
    Last edited by angelamia; October 15th, 2007 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    already have my ticket for tomorrow night in NY!

!!!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,192 Times in 1,728 Posts
    I may be in the minority, but I actually prefer the frisson of (what's the word for bestiality with machines?) androidiality in the original and the weary deadpan mike hammer voice over. The earthy weariness of the Ford's voice was an excellent contrast for the later operatic stuff to play off of. Without it, the movie exudes a too-harmonious coolness for my taste.

The only movie I've seen where the director's cut was a substantial improvement was Apocalypse Now. That may be because I like Bunnies. Dunno.

Although I'm definitely gonna check out Blade Runner: Final Cut III... this time we mean it!
    At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo View Post
    I'm not sure what the relationship between Scott and Ford was really like, but I've heard many times that they didn't get along, and also that Harrison Ford and Sean Young very much disliked each other. I'm curious what they'll say about all the negative feelings during shooting in the supplementals. According to IMDB's trivia:

"The shooting of the film was supposedly such a strain on the cast and crew that crew members had T-Shirts made saying "WILL ROGERS NEVER MET RIDLEY SCOTT" (a reference to Will Rogers' famous statement that he never met a man he didn't like)."
    I clearly remember someone saying that the reason Harrison Ford's narration was so flat was that he did not want to do it. That he just wanted the whole experience to end and end quickly. I keep thinking it was a critic like Gene Siskel. Siskel's reviews oftentimes included bits of discussions he had with the stars of the films he was critiquing. And why I'm thinking it was him. Gotta go check this out now.

---Has it been mentioned this movie tanked at the box office? I didn't originally see it in the theater, but years and years later via VHS. I did see the original re-release in theaters though. What's amazing is how this movie has gained momentum over the years.

Personally, I hate what Scott is doing. I'd rather maintain the mystery of "if Decker is a replicant or not". But heh, whatever pays the bills. And I do plan on getting this new DVD set - so the marketing blitz worked on me!
    Last edited by smugbug; October 15th, 2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: fixing my amazingly grotesque grammar....

Thanks
    Narration or not, i've got Rutger Haur's autograph 8)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ciots View Post
    Narration or not, i've got Rutger Haur's autograph 8)
    haha, nice

if you guys are interested, people are talking about what they think of various cuts over on the main site: http://messageboards.bladerunnerthem...hread.php?t=15
    Last edited by angelamia; October 16th, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    Why, o why, am I such a fuckin' forgetful prick? I totally missed the release of the set and now it's only available for 70+, and not even new from amazon. I hate myself. I'll go totally emo for the next days!

Thx Patricia for reminding me in the Hellboy thread tho, I'd lose track completely would I have remembered this set some time in summer.

Thanks
    ahh man, this flick brings back great memories, definatey good times. I probabley won't get the suitcase but a copy of the final cut is goin on my shelf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast