Thanks

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I thought it was brilliant! The acting was much better than its predecessing films, and the effects and sets were great! The actress playing Dolores Umbridge had her charcter to a 'T'
    I just can't wait for the 7th book now,
    What are your views?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I agree.
    Dolores Umbridge was perfect.
    The thestrals were very cool. I loved the fight scenes with the apparation smoke effects.
    I thought they did a good job overall.

Thanks
    In the age of crappy sequel movies, these Harry Potter films get better and better I think....never read the books though.
    You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

Thanks
    I really enjoyed this movie. Perhaps because i wasn't comparing it to the book all the time, because last time i read said book was when it first came out whenever that was. Though i did remember several differences however I realise that the whole book has to be condensed into a a few hours some how.

Could have done with some quidditch because quidditch is just awesome, however the thestrals were AWESOME as was them all practising the partonus charm...actually I think most of the scenes with magic in it were very good. The acting was better than the previous films and over all it was a very pleasant way to spend my afternoon. (ignoring the fact the guy next to me felt it was needed to give a running commentary on what was happening in the film - moron.)

Thanks
    its good to see the series evolve get progressively darker and essentially grow up with the fans...

it is strange I am not a fan, do not read the books, managed to see the 2 films and the 4th one with the under water etc while babysitting with my ex her nephews while we were still going out.

They are ok, the effects look cool and there is a strong irish presence (as opposed the Hollywood Oirish)

maybe if it is on tv I might take a sneak peak...
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    i haven't seen this yet, but I might wait for the DVD.

I loved the first 2 movies (the ones everyone else seemed to hate), and I really, really didn't like the Goblet of Fire. It felt like that whole movie was made for prebusent teenage girls. Likes Bratz the movie, but with wands. Totally stupid. It didn't have the innonence and wonder that the first 2 movies had.

The OOTPH looks like another teen drama movie set in Hogwarts. I'm going to pass it up until it comes out on DVd.

Thanks
    I haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping to in a week or so. It looks like the films are getting better and better, and the kids' acting is improving with each instalment (I found the first two HP films too awkward to enjoy). The Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favourite - they got it just right imho, and The Goblet of Fire just didn't compare - but OotP looks very promising so far.

I've heard some complaints that Snape, Lupin and Sirius are underused, which seems a pity. I'm excited to see how Dolores Umbridge and Luna Lovegood are pulled off, after seeing lots of rave reviews. Should be fun.

Thanks
    They really went into a new direction with this one. It didn't even look like the last four movies. I liked it. And actually I think they did a better job of cutting/editing less important details from the book and keeping the important scenes, the ones an audience would want to see.

And thank heavens they did something about that stringy mustache thing Lupin had in the third movie. He looks so much better now. :p

EddTQ is offline You don't need pants for the victory dance
    Thanks
    I thought the magic effects this time were Mad!

I wasn't a big fan of harry potter but my friend works at the local cinema and got me into the staff screening for free so i watched it haha
    - i'd seen a few of the films so i kinda knew-ish what was going on.

I really did love it though! - mainly the character Luna, what a great character! The acting wasn't cheesey either which i was expecting..
    I'm reading the books now.. dammit, it got me hooked.

Thanks
    Ever since that new director took over the 3rd movie on, I've really loved the cinematography. Like when the camera always went through that clock, or through broken windows, and there are some neat takes.

I think people often unfairly cut the movie down for leaving certain things out. I mean, what movie has EVER played every scene that was featured in a book? Critics have no right to base their rating of the movie on how loyal it was to the book- they should just pretend that there is no book at all.

It does help that Rowling knows that what she writes will eventually be a movie, so she can write it to fit (like painting a picture with colors to match a pre-bought frame).

And yeah, Luna was great.

Thanks
    ho ho, rowling surely mustn't write to fit a movie.!
    I think a movie like this doesn't exceed the book. It's a lot more fun to see all characters develop and it's just too bad that it's not possible to put that all within a movie.
    all in all, it still was an amazing film and I really liked it. Luna acted great indeed, but I thought she was too handsome

Thanks
    I liked it. It did often feel a bit too quick in some areas, but I've read the book beforehand so I'm biased there.

Also, everyone in the cinema went "Awwww!" when the baby thestral came on screen. Hee hee.
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    I thought the movie was so-so. The story wasn't to great, each movie keeps building up to this amazing confrontation with voldemort, and whenever there is one it ends abrubtly. I mean hes supposed to be the most evil wizard to ever exist, yet right when hes gonna kill harry the ministry shows up and all of a sudden hes a pussy. But it deff was entertaining, they really do a good job of making these movies fun to watch.

Thanks
    but voldermort had his reasons for doing so, and there are other cirumstances as shown in the books.
    I finished the 7th book yesterday, and i was thinking about all the stuff that they missed out of the 5th film that is recurrent in the 7th book, that would be really important to the story they would have to include by the time they got to the 7th, so im guessing theyre either cut some more important bits out, or try and make the story that was cut out previously very obvious, but i guess thats a bit hard now

Thanks
    i'm about to go see it in imax 3D.
    i'm stoked!

****saw it...

..i thought the movie was actually pretty good. ....much better than the rest of the movies, much darker, and i thought a large percentage of the characters were actually handled pretty well...not so patronizing as the last movies...but..holy fucking balls, seeing the last part of the movie at the ministry of magic in 3D...fucking. wow. intense. sooooo good.
    Last edited by rustikof; July 24th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks
    I saw it on Sunday and was very impressed. It's a lot better than I thought it would be - probably my favourite HP film so far, followed by PoA. I know a lot of people don't like it because it cut the book down so much, but as far as I care OotP was one of the poorer books and needed a lot of pruning anyway. My only complaints are the slightly patchy pacing, not enough Snape and Lupin, and that Helena Bonham-Carter was given a microscopic role (though in-keeping with the plot, so I can't really moan). Right from the start the cinematography struck me as very different from the past films - I liked it a lot, as well as the overall darker mood. The battle in the Ministry was amazing.

Thanks
    This movie and the last one are my faves. And all that magic in the end was awesome. The movie franchise just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks
    They should have made the Dept. of Mysteries closer to the book, with the spinning room, that was the best bit in the book.

Thanks
    okay.,.. just went and saw it.

This suprised me, as it was easily one of the best Potter movies I've seen, despite it being my 2nd to the least faviorte Potter book.

They knew exactly what to cut from the book, the acting was the best thus far. I enjoyed the fact that Harry, Ron, and Hermione didn't actually speak a whole lot. I think Harry only spoke like 10 words in the first 10 minutes of the movie. Which I like. There also some breath-taking scenes of Hogwarts and the way the camera panned around it. In addition, I'm SO glad the director didn't play up the Harry-Cho love story and drown us with it's teenage prebuscent nonsense only the middle school girls would like. The love story was told to us through quiet, emotional shots of them looking at each other from afar. It didn't drag on. Perfect. And the scenes where Potter's mind is being read by Snape were well done, especially the one brief moment we were able to see Snape's memories and how he was bullied as a kid. The movie didn't linger or make a big fuss about it. It handled the emotional impact of it perfectly by that still shot of Snape looking deeply dejected, while Potter slowly walks out of Snape's office, quietly and sympathetically. And yeah, Umbridge and Lovegood were spot-on!

Anyway, it was suprsingly good, and the art direction had it's stunning moments and the magic duels were simply awesome.