IDW 038 Walking Chair - Voting

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Walking Chair!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lyconeus

0 0%
  • TRUZART

0 0%
  • ViDa

15 55.56%
  • ATAnderson

2 7.41%
  • D-Holme

1 3.70%
  • collinsully

9 33.33%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Icon IDW 038 Walking Chair - Voting

IDW 038 Topic: Walking Chair

Deadline for voting: Friday, 20th July 2007

No voting for your own entries!

Original thread: IDW 038: Walking Chair

Last edited by yoitisi; July 12th, 2007 at 08:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Lyconeus

I designed this as a successor to the Segway. Now you can experience the great outdoors without getting any of it on you or getting off your cozy chair.

Artist: TRUZART

Artist: ViDa

The chair of the queen herself. This luxurious piec of furniture often gave king nightmares, because of its price, it had a brain, and often wandered around at night, singing poetry.

Artist: ATAnderson

The Baron always loved the seasonal racing, being an ex-pilot himself he prefered to be down in the action by the track side. You could always spot him in near the finish line with his bodyguards.

Artist: D-Holme

Gehender Schlachtstuhl.

Gehender Schlachtstuhl – a walking marvel of our age. The Arch-fiend Napoleon VI once again threatens the liberty of Europe, many forces are arrayed against him in defence of their home lands. Shown here un-mounted is a Schlachtstuhl belonging to a trooper of the Prussian Twelfth-Core, the heraldic device indicates this chair belongs to Dragoon-Lieutenant Franz Heidelmann.
    Take note the many dexterous limbs controlled by its steam power difference-engine actuator, this multitude means the chair had no issue crossing the broken ground of a modern battle field.
    It is armed with a Rheinmetal Sturm-gattling musket and a rifled-Balcher gun, for close action the chair boasts an armature charged blitz-lance and a reserve sword-bayonet on the Blacher-gun.

Artist: collinsully

Tag-a-lux LAZ-3

Presenting the Tag-a-lux LAZ-3! The aristocratic chair of the future! No more chair hunting for the lucky owner of this model... just let your ass fall, and the LAZ-3 is there to catch you in comfort! Brought to you by the fine people at EZS Industries. Footrest model sold seperately.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Notes:

Act.Appalled: Again, it was still a WIP so I decided not to include it in the poll. Next time make sure you post the finished piece on time

TRUZART: I decided to take yours to the poll, but next time if you forget to put up a description I won't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote goes to vida, nice color and design...really like this soft painting style of yours...

Yeah well I did a fast one for this poll but missed the deadline... I hope it's ok if i post it here (the old one was closed already)... was just for experimenting a little bit with painter....

It is a walking bone throne for a skeleton warchief silly stuff....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    collinsully nailed it for my vote.
    Vida was a close second

Great work guys

ATA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Vida for design and render reasons. Nice fluid and elegant design + nice colors.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lyconeus: An interesting concept and the image is a good rendition of it. Perhaps it has gone too far toward a vehicle and lost it’s ‘chair’-ish elements (although I am perhaps too, guilty of that) – it would be hard to say ‘chair’ when first looking at it.
    Truzart: Looks like an interesting concept, it could have done with perhaps a little more definition to see truly what is happening with the design. Likely as a result the ‘chair’ aspect is not very clear.
    ViDa: A nice image the rendition is very simple but effective. Looks grand enough for its purpose.
    ATAnderson: A functional design, cleanly represented. I like the simplicity of the background the helps show the design off to its best without distracting the eye. The orthographics are a nice ‘technical’ touch.
    Collinsully: A quirky design with plenty of personality. I like the cleanness of the design and the neutral colours throughout.

Whitewolf: even without making it to the poll looks interesting, perhaps not ‘industrial’ enough, but it could be argued what meets the criteria – to me the design should contain distinct mechanical elements. However the rendition looks to be going in an interesting direction it would be good to see it finished.

---------------------------
    Comments on my own piece – tried to work on the comments form last weeks entry (my thanks to those who took the time then). Worked to bring out a more defined rendition and incorporate more ‘artistic’ elements then before. I am pleased with how it come out, working from a lot of the tutorials available here and it is helping me to see how digital process can be used to bring about an image. Would like to be working from hand-drawn sketches but I don’t have access to a scanner at the moment.

MY SKETCHBOOK Updated 05/08/08 - Critique and comments encouraged

Industrial Design Weekly Enviroment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to vote for collinsully! Very original idea, yet also a creepy chair to have. I wouldn't want one, as I'd feel constantly watched by this machine! What if he malfunctions and squeezes my ass?!
    Very clean, crisp and clear execution!

D-Holme: Nice steampunk idea! If those legs weren't such a tangled mess and the thing was polished, you might have gotten my vote. I am a Warhammer fan after all. Playing with those fantasy figurines as a teenager in large combats with my friends - that was fun!

ATAnderson: Man, that is more like a walking bed! Good entry, not all that polished though. A little unclear as to how one would model this thing.

ViDa: Sweet entry, you aren't ahead in the poll for nothing

Tuzart: Have you played the PC game "Descent" by any chance. Game from the late 1990s - the spaceship type machine you control there is very reminiscent of yours, or vice versa.

Lyconeus: I don't know why your chair is walking around on brown grass, but be that as it may, you should really use your colour selector and make the colours from the environment reflect on your metal. Right now your machine doesn't seem to fit into the environment. And also - you went very mecha - there isn't so much left of a chair here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.