Thread: Two new

Thanks

Two new

Days go by and I'm slowly forgetting what drawing is, so I forced myself to pick up a pencil and work for a while today. Just the usual stuff.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Ellingsworth Guest
    Awesome man, but I have a question. I recently picked up a pack of pencils that go from super light to dark, should I be mixing these pencils when drawing? or should I stick to one shade and build up tones with it? Because sometimes I see people that have really deep/dark shadows and lighter strokes in other places. Kind of like I see in your's can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    I love you Fellah, but don't be scared...not in that way haha! Nice work man, I kinda forgetting what is drawing too...I have to take a pencil or a brush! But I have this urgue to draw bigger now, and my small sketchbook is not attracting me! need to buy a bigger one...but until then...xD

Nice work, keep updating! keep drawing and never forget about it!

Thanks
    I always look forward to your posts! Great stuff as always!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    yayy always great to see new stuff from you, simon i love the soldier on the left, its a good variation on your otherwise organic sketches. hope youre well!

Thanks
    Dude man dude! Good to see some work from you, keep it up.
    Why is the Rum gone??

My Art

Thanks
    Hello, Simon...You know... I have some thoughts about those two figures... You probably already know everything that i am to say... but just in case if you in doubt if it is noticeable ,,, here...
    I think drawing, shading, volume and personalities part are wonderful... but I have some doubts about anatomy of those two characters...
    in the first one... imagine his vertebrae line... starting from neck going thought center of his rib cage, down in the middle of his stomach and ending in his crotch. If you to connect all those key dots your character has very unnatural twist of the pelvis comparing to torso...
    in the second drawing... you need to draw a line of support from his hole in the center of the neck strictly perpendicular to the floor... his figure should have support on one of the leg and foot...the middle of the foot should cross the line of the support.
    Right now your character doesn't stand solidly on the ground...his center of mass doesn't coincide with line of support. Of course you can say he is jumping... but... it looks tense and awkward...
    And I think it would be better to add more overlapping in his torso and hips.
    If you are willing to look here some additional rambling from me.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~elazutki...s/Attempt2.jpg
    http://home.roadrunner.com/~elazutki.../Atttempt1.jpg

Please ignore it of course if you think it is not essential to your vision.
    Last edited by sve; July 11th, 2007 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks
    Nice stuff very detailed

Thanks
    Mmm, I don't know what to say. Haha. I think sve has some worthy points though.

Thanks
    cool!

Thanks
    Great to see you post some new stuff mate, excellent characters!

Cheers

Thanks
    Very sick!
    My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

Thanks
    Ellingsworth - thanks, mate. Mixing pencils can be a good way to work, but not always needed. I mostly use a medium dark pencil and just try to vary the pressure of the strokes when i draw. I start with a light shading and then i build the dark on top of it. Hope that helps.

Arn J. - haha, thanks, man!! Yeah, drawing big is great! I know how you feel about small sketchbooks! I will try not to forget about drawing again, hehe. Keep drawing yourself!

PixelFarmer - Glad to hear it, mate! Thanks a lot!

dkounios - Thank you, kind sir!

stoph - cheers, mate! The soldier was good fun, i should do more. Hope you are well too!

Maruchan - thanks a bunch, man - i will try!

sve - yeah, i knew there were some flaws in the poses and anatomy, but i was just happy to be drawing, so i didnt mind at the time, hehe (shame on me). You nailed it dead on - good crits, sve!

pogonip - thanks, mate!

aph - sve often have worthy points, hehe. Thanks for not letting me get away with it!

thanos5 - thanks!

Shinryu - thanks, mate - just happy to have new stuff - glad you ike it still!

stalsby - thanks, hehe.

Thanks
    ohhhhhhh here come the beavers,

Give us a hug, kick ass work as usual. Sve brought up some good points indeed, watch it now

Thanks
    Why I'm starting to feel nauseous from this sve. I'm not bringing worthy points very often and I'm not "know it all". Critique is not absolute. Here, about second figure... new pose cordially changes the meaning of the image... and instead of wild, primitive, awkward creature which thoughts I can't read and should keep a distance from him for my own safety he will be looking like a festive jumper... Mood is destroyed. Every action carries consequences.
    Do everything right anatomically ... and what you have in the end...dead on emotion image, too calculated.
    Simon, don't participate in building some phony image,,, I'm not that... I'm always in doubts. You think I will be happy to hear a praise for what is not mine?

Or maybe I'm grumpy because I need to remove prickly twigs from rose's bushes... It will be bloody.

Thanks
    yeap. just lookin`n`enjoin`
    sup man~!

Thanks
    Nice, fellah! I've always enjoyed your pencil work. Your hatching has a really nice finish to it that I think my own can often lack. I think sve makes a good critique about the anatomy and weight of the figures. They both have a bit of that stiff weightlessness to them that can be really difficult to overcome for a lot of people. It's not a huge issue with these, but always good to keep in mind for next time.

I know how feel with the drawing.. I've been damned busy at work lately and haven't felt like drawing at all when I've been getting home. That's no excuse at all, you've helped remind me, so I'm gonna draw when I get home today too. Cheers!

And sve, don't be so hard on yourself, you made some good points! I think one can do everything right anatomically and still have life in the pic.. that's the ideal we can be striving towards.
    Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.