CHOW#80 - FINAL BURNER - GuestHost: Jubjubjedi Topic: Intergalactic Troubadour

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Choose your CHOWracter!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW#80 - FINAL BURNER - GuestHost: Jubjubjedi Topic: Intergalactic Troubadour

4 4.82%
  • CHOW#80 - FINAL BURNER - GuestHost: Jubjubjedi Topic: Intergalactic Troubadour

3 3.61%

3 3.61%

4 4.82%

0 0%

5 6.02%

47 56.63%

0 0%

17 20.48%

5 6.02%

1 1.20%

0 0%

12 14.46%

28 33.73%

8 9.64%

13 15.66%

2 2.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

These are the finals! SHOW CHOWracter!
    Like CHOW? Support This Site. Buy your T-Shirt

PLEASE POST ONLY YOUR FINAL ENTRIES HERE!

+ All other posts wil be delleted.
    + This thread will include the final poll. Here is where you will do the voting.
    + The order in wich the finals are posted here will be the order in the poll. (the first to post here - will be the first entry on the poll considering that the entry is acepted)
    + Do not post placeholders.
    + Please comment only after the poll has been set up and the voting has started. Thank you.
    Thank you.

]--------------------------

Intergalactic Bohemian Troubadour

POLL RULES
    (for the new people)
    NOT ALL ENTRIES ARE TAKEN TO THE POLL.
    (the selection is based on technical quality criteria)
    ENTRIES NOT POLLED WILL RECEIVE C&C
    (i really try to do this every time)
    IT IS A DIFFICULT PROCESS - MISTAKES CAN BE MADE
    I am trying to set this as a professional demand. I act as the client...
    Oblio is always looking for feedback - If Oblio is wrong - tell him so.
    THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE. GIVE FEEDBACK
    See if the entry you are voting for has mathced the topic requirements. Take time and give feedback - you will learn a lot
    !!! DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF !!!
    YOU CAN VOTE MORE THEN ONE ENTRY
    You can vote only ONCE! It's up to you for how many entries you cast your vote.Think before you click that button.

ROUND COMMENTS:

Quote Originally Posted by jubjubjedi
    Hey Oblio! Well, I'm a softy and it's tough for me to disqualify people, so I'll be as generous as I can. Here are the best ones:

Paulypaul
    Mydrim
    Neonine
    Bendragon
    Bumskee
    Einen
    Vida
    Alice
    Wandering Monk
    Jubjubjedi

Here are a few more runners up to throw in for their effort:
    Truzart
    GTGauvin
    Fuuryoku
    Timothee
    Blackrobin
    Woodlandwalker
    Daestwen

I really wanted to include InvertedChuachuta, but he's holding basic flute, nothing creative about the instrument. I also wanted to include -Food], but it is not clear that he is a musician. Also, there's a few good ones in the original thread that didn't make it to the Final Burner for some reason... too bad.

Oblio: I included FOOD as i thought more people would want to vote for him - the DJ thing it's not too Bohemian now.. but it might get in the future Techically the piece is ok so i thought it's ok to be up. InvertedChuachuta - it's not finished IMO.
    Enjoy...

AND THE WINNER IS>. the UNSTOPABLE BUMSKEE.

HE will rule the next CHOW (meaning #83 = the one after the Victory Gals)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oblio; July 23rd, 2007 at 05:24 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Submission

New to this. Hope I've got the right idea.

Wandering from one inhabited planet to the next, this nomadic alien prefers not to become tied down. He lives a simple existence carrying his life within a small shoulder bag and a feeble cardboard box. Together with his gelatinous understudy he pushes on, flute-snail in hand aiming only to broaden his horizons.

Wasn't sure about size - so here's a link to a larger version if you're curious:
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/46937...Troubadour.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Performing this week only at the CHOWdown Lounge, "ZingDingo".
    With the soulful sounds of Sigma 9, and the Jazzy Beats off the Venusian Streets.
    Come see what the universe is talking about before they move on yet again!

(Not only does our star's accompanying buddy provide a traveling stage, and needed Bass.... but he is wiz on the tubular bells).

Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possiblity of cheating. it is either good or bad. ~ Dali

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I finished on time! Yay! If you don't get the concept by looking at the pic: His minion loosens the threads of materia so he can spin his songs out of them.
    I´m off to summer camp now. Let's hope those kids leave me in one piece.

Last edited by jagehtso; July 14th, 2007 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Final

Hey yo, just followed instructions, and heres my entry

Character names
    Large green guy: Jubjub (after jubjubjedi ) - magical ukalali
    dread dude: jadjad - drums
    Blue dude: Bilu - vocals
    Green dude: Grilu -- dancer
    Red dude: Rilu (lol) -- futuristic form of clapping sticks, that shine out notes of stars and letters if a creature with true heart claps them together...

Narrative:
    Jubjub comes from an alien race born into a society of war, so he was born to kill... As a youngster his peers and tribe members disregarded him for his interest in things that make noise, and his hesitation to do anything wrongful... Escaping his home world, he found peace with another local a former war drummer... The trio around him, were former slave laborer's which he had recently rescued. Now they go around the intergalactic promoting intergalactic peace through their passion of music. And Bilu (vocals) is practicing for the next intergalactic idol with his ensemble/band having total faith in his talent and passion for singing... The picture is a photograph taken while they're performing a routine for the next show on universal galactic television, the hit series intergalactic idol (the show that can persuade the tides in universal peace or war, by its selection of the next idol) ..

this was heaps fun to do... G luck everyone and peace...

Last edited by Paulypaul; July 13th, 2007 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just so I can get some C&C, not for polling, hence no black borders etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Intergalactic bohemian troubadour.

No one knows where does he come from, or what's his name; so everyone refer to him as Old Joe. Always traveling with his Porgg, Old Joe seeks to fill with music every quiet street and corner of the cities across the universe, improvising tunes and melodies with his Duatar at the rythm his Porgg makes when clashing its ear-ends.

When there's no currency at all, he manages to travel ilegally inside cargo ships. Feeding the Porgg with whatever delicious "cargo" they can find.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

my final : )

like the Gorillaz, but their aliens.... she is an instrument... her vocals are controlled by my troubador....

"It's on the strength of observation and reflection that one finds a way. So we must dig and delve unceasingly." da man CM...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final

All out of time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi guys

this is my first in an age!
    orkeladious and penkull
    orkeladious is the singer , penkel accompanies on his floogel pipe and operates their transcongonjolecent magnificodourator,
    allows the listener to actual see feel and smell the music man!

Last edited by neo-nine; July 17th, 2007 at 09:30 AM.

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm done-ish. Some things I'd have done different, but not bad, even though I say so myself.

"I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Intergalactic Bohemian Troubador - Tom Snodgrass

Although deceased, he is not dead. The legacy of Elvis lives on, thrilling audiences across the galaxy. Tom is the whole package and has been told by Elvis' personal friends and family that his likeness to the King is striking, from his genuinely sweet disposition to his brilliant smile. And because of Tom, with backup from Colonel Gila on the 11 1/2 string guitar, entirely new audiences can experience the energy and magic of the King´s early 1970s Las Vegas performances.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pfadhum hated the blues. its all they seemed to want to listen to on this forsaken rock in the back corner of the most backwater system in the entire frizzing galaxy. someday soon he was going to get back on the trail and finally go somewhere... if only his sollarian monkey hadn't gambled away their cargo skip the day they made planetfall he would have been long gone already. but the monkey played an octavian ogre tooth organ like none pfadhum had ever frizzing seen. it brought in the gigs, and thats what counted. stupid monkey.

he sighed. time to restring his oolap too. stupid monkey.
    at least his songbird was in good form today.

the monkey probably even liked playing the blues. he didnt care enough to ask. stupid monkey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its chow time!

Last edited by Bendragon; July 15th, 2007 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Two of the very popular entertainment bots. The dancer and the fiddler. The fiddler one has extremely advanced touch sensation and can fiddle like no-one's business! The dancer of course dances like no-one is business!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

too nice weather here these days, too pretty girls on the beach..
    never found the time to really finish this...
    Oh well, life is too short not to njoy other things than painting all the time, right?
    hope u like it anyways.
    thanx.
    /D

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's my final. bleh i say too, but bumskee and bendragon have my votes already.. nice.

So here they are straight from 2353, The Intergalactic Bohemian Troubadours known as Xmas Kay and Beezlebop steady, on the laser guitar and MPC 21XLT. Singing all the folk songs in every language in the universe, all at once, and translated to binary code.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Not as finished as I would have liked, but I've run out of time.

Once a cherished mother-womb in her hive, nuclear war cast radiation across the planet and caused her precious womb to be rendered barren, and therefore useless to the hive. Fleeing her home, to which she was now worth less than dust, Kallare wanders the galaxy and tries to soothe her aching heart with song and the whispered cords of her unique three-tiered violin. Somewhere along the way a strange flute-nosed creature that blows multi-coloured bubbles from his flem decided to follow her along, and any bubbles that happen to fall upon the tip of her bow by chance burst with a gentle ~ting~ of a small bell.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  CHOW#80_Einen.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  187.9 KB

Famous space-musician Smacky Oolate fulfilled one of his lifelong dreams when he turned himself into a steam-powered cyborg-instrument, so that he "never would have to carry that bloody thing around again".
    Unfortunately he will now never be able to fulfill his other dream, which was to eat a hundred space-burgers in a row. "I'd give my left arm to be able to eat a space burger again", the starving cyborg recently stated in an interview. His left arm is currently for sale at the Mon'Java auction house.

Last edited by Einen; July 16th, 2007 at 06:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  troubador.jpg
Views: 1837
Size:  386.1 KB

"ok, so the Jellybeans were a little unusual, even for transient musician types like Aladra. But they didn't take any cut of the donations and they did know how to carry a tune, eventually...after they figure out how to carry the flute itself."

-Fuu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here goes.

Name:  Bohemian 1bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbsmall.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  242.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh my god, bumskee is in!
    my final, it was good practice, but i have a lot of dissatisfactions here and there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my fimal entry:
    His name is Obou, and he plays the quasiphone, a similiar instrument to the saxiphone, but able to produce higher pitch sounds. In fact, human audiences are warned to wear earplugs, because the high notes have been known to blow human eardrums. He travels the galaxies, playing seedy intergalactic jazz joints, where he is much reveered for his Earth-style jazz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Placeholder

Last edited by -Food]-; July 16th, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's mine... Didn't get to finish it how I wanted cause of stuff I was doing but it is what it is : /

Name:  troubador.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  67.5 KB

NYSA grand national champion yogurt slinger - 1874-2061

---------------
    My Sketch Book

Portfolio

Fundamentals of Form - Educational Download

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is a tough life to be a singer. Slek and his pet Tuch hitchhike their way around the galaxy, wherever life takes them. Slek plays the instrument, while Tuch howls to the music.

Tuch : "I dont think he likes you."

Had just a tid bit of time to touch it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the instrument is the floating holographic balls, his robot companion is the amplifier/visualizer/coin collector. They work spaceports till they have enough cash to relax a bit on a world, then again till they have enough to catch a ship to another.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2