Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I´d say some compromise between those two versions of the eow entry can be optimal....

awesome piece of work anyway..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    er...asspat....dont know what else to say?

Thanks
    wow, if i could crit i would, all ive got to say is i hope i can draw like you oneday

Thanks
    OMG!!! that skeleton beast is a killer!! that is som awesome work there

But the girl in the picture don't seem to fit in, I think that she is a little to bright compared with the rest of the picture.

otherwise great stuff you got here. ^^

Give us moremoremore!!!

Thanks
    hp-, process,...well it started of with some lame half assed attempt at 3am, then i woke up the next morning and realized how crappy it was so i painted over the whole thing for another few hours, flipped the canvas and almost vomitted from the awful composition, then I went all out and started scribbling in some crazy cliffs and tada! so unfortunately this particular piece doesn't really have a good process that would be of much help lol I did learn a lot from it though.
    ArtZealot-wow thanks actually I was hoping for a crit on this one cause I had been staring at it so long that I couldn't really tell what needed to be worked on. I definitely agree with the atmosphere and I see what your saying about it being cramped and in need for a place that the eye can rest for a bit. I don't think i'll have time to get to all these issues before the deadline but i'll probably work on it a little more when i get the chance and i must say you have some fantastic work in your sketchbook
    merl1n-thanks
    kidult-haha, as long as its not one of those awkward asspats its good with me and thanks!
    L0rin-well just keep at it and you will though I still have a way to go my self
    Dolleater87-thanks I'm definitely looking forward to finishing that one, and yea I really need to make some adjustments to the figures, thanks for mentioning

so I actually learned a lot with this one, its the first time I've used a texture brush as opposed to the flat brush that i always use and I must say, it sure is useful! and it definitely makes a big difference. also I realized that I've been using to big of brushes so I played around with tiny brush sizes and just scribbled in the details with gave it a far more textured look. anyway heres what i'm submitting to this weeks eow#107, no more time for anything else at the moment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    I love that last piece and like the changes you made to it. I think that bit of atmospherics under the rocks gives it a little more depth and makes it a bit more open and gives a place to rest without pulling the canvas out. I know how time constraints can be at times. Usually when i post my near-final entries for EOW, i just leave them near-final cause im so sick of staring at them i just want to post them and walk away. At any rate, great work, you have a pretty killer sketchbook here as well.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    wow dude, thers some really great stuff in this sketchbook, keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Awesome updates! The soul collecting spectre beast turned out very nice. You did a good job with the cliff too. The EOW looks delish!

Thanks
    ArtZealot-hey thanks for the advice yea its tough getting back into a piece after you spent so much time on it, but I've been trying really hard to change my ways lol
    Lotet- thanks
    Christoffer- hey thanks actually though i'm still workin on the bloated horse piece haha

heres an update on that one by the way, working on the atmosphere a bit.
    still have to work on the characters, creatures, and lighting from the rib cage

Oh and I was just informed that my skyscraper ruins piece was accepted into expose' 7 yay!
    Last edited by James Wolf; March 16th, 2009 at 11:39 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to James Wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    congratz on the expose acceptance. i cant wait to see the latest piece finished its pretty detailed alot of time and work

Thanks
    BigPapaRaels- hey thanks! its getting there, its at the point where i kinda have to step back cause I'm not really sure where to go right now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to James Wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ...so I just got back from the Reverie workshop...such an amazing experience! its gonna take me a bit to digest everything but I just wanted to post a few things that i did there, surprisingly I didn't get the chance to do much drawing cause I was wandering all over trying to get as much info as possible but its definitely overloaded me with inspiration can't wait to start painting again!

Thanks
    sick sick shit man. lovin your enviros. great compositions.

Thanks
    Nice! Found my way over here from the Reverie sketches thread. Thought those life paintings were pretty well done, mate. I see rings on the side... did you sketch these in pencil and still have time to shoot a picture of your page to follow up in PS, or what? You didn't paint all of the color by memory, did you? XD
    Great stuff in here. Cheers!

Thanks
    DeKal- thanks I've been focusing on environments lately so i'm glad to hear its paying off.

staticpen-haha, thanks! I sketched them out at the workshop and then ran home to take a pic and color them in with photoshop so thats why you see the rings

heres a wip for the "bad side of the city" eow, still workin on the atmosphere and details but its getting there!

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast