Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Mr.Delicious- by the time i'm 80 I will most definitely have drawn that many bums and i shall collage them together to create the grandest buttox mural of them all, the great crack in the sky shall split and a blinding beam of light will spotlight the mural lifting it into the heavens where it will become a god.

Jakers- cool thanks for the crits, I hadn't even thought about adjusting the sky.

heres an update for the field girl, still not finish but it should be very soon.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to James Wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    your "armored lord" painting is very nice, I like the lighting and texture, field girl is coming along great as well. Thanks for the updates!

Quinn

Thanks
    thanks Quinn

heres a sketch i'm working on, still needs a lot of work but hopefully I'll be able to get it to a finished state! I never really did much black and white work but i've been having a lot of fun with them lately.

Thanks
    slick man very slick

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 907 Posts
    I think you should play with the girl's pose a bit more, right now she looks kinda static for an action scene... maybe bend her back arm up and stuff or if I were you Id just imagine what it'd be like and then go sit in a chair and pose. maybe take a picture of it and send it to me

nice work though, I hope you draw skeleton battles soon
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    beautiful work through and through

Thanks
    i would make her hair more dynamic and not so in one direction, also if you added like a glowy line from her hand to the part where the monster is getting blasted it would add more movement.

maybe push the blacks, it seems mostly midtones.

good piece so far

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Hi James!
    Nice works here, I just seen your work on cgtalk (the young jedi girl) very nice sketchbook...
    IMHO you should add some green tone on the legs of the girl in your "field girl"...this could combine better the girl with the ground...
    Keep it up!...
    Bye
    Dan

Thanks
    The girl in the field is amazing! I do however think it might be wise to add a few strands of hair across her shoulder, it would better connect the figure as a whole.
    Other then that, perfect!

So far
    I love everything you do, amazing work, please never stop !!! but most of all, post more!!!
    Last edited by copperfire; April 6th, 2008 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks
    ShaunLey- thanks
    Mr.Delicious- yea i agree, thanks.
    midknight523-
    hp- good advise !
    DANKA- thanks yea I should, I tried it the other day but I must have been out of it cause they ended up looking like swamp thing feet..I'll have to work on it a bit more
    copperfire- hey thanks for stopping by thanks for the crit, I added in some strands the other day while doing the swampthing feet.

!!!!! thanks for the advise everyone I'll definitely be fixing that piece up, until then i have a few other things to post, I started reworking the fig in the said piece above but one thing let to another and well I ended up with this first piece...huh how'd that happen!! actually I posted a bulletin on myspace asking to draw people and a bunch of friends jumped at the chance lol, next is some work on another portrait, same project as the shaded girl portrait, then I was just messing around and came up with this backview character, the concept stinks but I had a color combination I wanted to try so i whipped something up quick, now that i know i like the colors i'll start up a new piece with those colors. I've got a bunch more, maybe i'll post them in a few hours

Thanks
    Cool stuff here - loving the ass! The armour on this last lot could do with some texture / detail maybe.
    Great to see your stuff!

Thanks
    great color James, I enjoy watching your work
    this girl on cloudy back, and warm light very strong !

Thanks
    I smell pure TALENT in here!

You're an inspiration, mr! Now I go subcribe, feels more like and obligation than a choice.
    Keep'em coming. I'm impressed

Thanks
    kidult- thanks very true about the armor
    Roczniak- y thank you
    Noukah- Hi! an inspiration and a subscription O.O ...thanks a lot, now i'm gonna have to work twice as hard to meet your expectations lol just kidding thanks for stopping by!

today I am mad because my computer apparently thinks its funny. for some reason the images in my folders don't load, the lasso, transform, line, and other photoshop tools don't show up when i'm using them, and it over heats for no reason, this upsets me greatly and causes me to yell at in-animate objects, I think it might be my video card but if anyone has any thoughts on this it would be greately appreciated also I am frustrated with having to break image links to organize my work! it was a big jumbled mess that I couldn't deal with any longer so a few images might be missing in my sketchbook...I don't remember when i started uploading them directly to the ca servers. anyway now i'm back to being happy cause I have a few things to post. I don't do many building/sci fi work so I'd love some crits if you have the time i'm not to happpy with the colors but I'll have to see what the client says first.

Thanks
    Wow... I guess all that I have to say is that you are well on your way to your goal. Your stuff is amazing. I especially love your creativiness in your ideas. How much do have to iterate on your pieces. Do you usually pretty much have the basic idea or is it a process of keeping ideas and throwing them away. Keep on working.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast