Thread: sheepdog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking sheepdog

Update*
    here is the model sheet for the dog:

sheepdog

Last edited by benzo; January 9th, 2003 at 01:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Remember ben Four legs are ALWAYS better then two. Just a thought.
    Cya
    ELWOOD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im realling diggin the dog design, But the sheep design is a little off. It looks more like you took a sheeps head from a compleely different model and cut off anothers head and slapped it on there. Im thinking instead of making the texture where the two meet an almost straight line making it mor like fur is covering parts and not others. Maybe a little sutle but that will be better then a striahg tline.

Also, if there is some short fur on the face of the sheep, then the lght will be scattered more over his face, but maybe its just the lighting on the face and the fact that its darker then the body.

The sheeps design reminds me more of a T-rex, versus a 4 legged sheep, where as the dogs legs and "arms" are almost the same length making it look belivable that it is standing upright.

Just a couple thoughts on it. Hope it helps you out. Loving the style of the pictures though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments- I really am grateful and will definitely take them into consideration!

PoP Guest
    I think the sheep as a stand alone piece, is great design!

But as a character in a short, I think you need to lose the brown. Have the white fir cover the whole of the legs and head except for the end of the mouth and nose.Have thicker fir/diffrent texture round the bodyto brake it up a bit if you are worried about to much white. I would extend the arms out a little bit more.
    As it stands you are drawn straight to the white. 'Chicken' poped straight into my head when I first saw the Sheep.

If you do keep the brown, I think blending it with the white to remove the sharp contrast

Anyway love to see it animated!!

Degas Guest
    What fun characters. There is something that is not sitting right with me about the anatomy of the neck torso transition of the dog,, but the entire design is so unexpected that you could totally justify saying that that is just the way this dude works. Also, there is something about the sheep that makes it look more like a baby dinosaur, but I think the design is wonderful. These look like some of the most fun characters to animate I have seen in some time. It all has a great weird sort of continuity that works from the characters to the render to the titles. It all fits for me. Awesome work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Degas and PoP, thank you for your input. I have been hard at work on my animation this semester and in the beginning of December I post updated models and a link to the animation in progress. The sheep no longer looks as much like a dino and the animation has been roughed in; I'm refining it now. Altogether its about a 1:40 in time with title and credits. Has to be done for Siggraph deadline in March. Everyone's help has been very encouraging and truthful, thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anytime. Kind of funy how alot of time the truth cant be found by people close to you, but by complete strangers. Good luck with the animation and im looking forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a link to the animation in progress (rough motion, temp environment, ect.):

http://www.rsad.edu/~bsprout/sd21web.mov
    Note: 15MB Quicktime File

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats great! Nice to see a new true cartoon out there. As you said its rought, but it still looks great man. Cant wait to see it w/ grass and such. Great stuff!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.